Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SirTogII

Mysore vs Perth

56 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
1,577 posts
17,864 battles

Being a Fiji fanatic, I have one. I like it but the lack of torpedos is a drag - I confess that during my first battle, I had thought it did not have a heal and only realised at the end - luckily had not needed it!!

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,783 posts
19,485 battles

Nothing wrong with the guns,  mind. If keeping your economy healthy by grinding Ops appeals, the ship has a role. Down to about 2k HP by the end, so Leander/Perth and Huang He would have been sunk.  No flags here, btw, so lots of boosting possible

1790417001_MysoreOps.thumb.PNG.9a9df68b202e6039406ada951e4dad1e.PNG

(You'll miss the torps and HE in Aegis, but smoke and RN AP will do nicely in most other Tier VI Scenarios).

• Cool 2

[TRID]
Players
292 posts
5,612 battles

Well look at that, people buying ships on the merit of purely for use in Ops.  Now imagine they also did this for low tier ships (T5 and lower), so we could actually use our T3, T4 and T5 premiums in Ops too (and of course silver ships).

Granted WG don't make as much profit as an ARP Yamato...but it's still income.

We discussed historic scenario Ops in other threads before, @MrConway is there any plans to show Ops some love in the near future?

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,166 posts
15,646 battles
5 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Well look at that, people buying ships on the merit of purely for use in Ops.

FWIW there is a very good chance I wouldn't have bothered with Mysore if T6 Ops didn't exist: for me, she's not much use for other modes so would have been a waste of money.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,134 battles
10 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Well look at that, people buying ships on the merit of purely for use in Ops.  Now imagine they also did this for low tier ships (T5 and lower), so we could actually use our T3, T4 and T5 premiums in Ops too (and of course silver ships).

Granted WG don't make as much profit as an ARP Yamato...but it's still income.

We discussed historic scenario Ops in other threads before, @MrConway is there any plans to show Ops some love in the near future?

Unfortunately not, we have other things that are being worked on at the moment and operations never had enough interest and activity to warrant investing a lot of development time into them.

Its sad, but I also see if from my own perspective, once I have played the ops once or twice, I return to randoms.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,077 posts
34,665 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 8:33 PM, pompeyrk said:

this eyesore is totally shi poor

shot-21_01.27_11_34.13-0132.thumb.jpg.20a40b9a33721fc77d4bb1469592d1a3.jpg

Okay I have to scrap it then. Or not!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,276 posts
13,790 battles

As a dedicated collector and confessing whale, i have this ship, of course.

A real historical vessel, built in steel and manned with soldiers ? Anytime with me ...

Only have some coops for warming up and one real maiden voyage in random, but it works fine with me.

Have to stay a lot more defensive, than in Perth or Leander, but 1st  random was 50 k, which is absolutely ok with me.

Nice ship, no regrets

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
258 posts
28,160 battles

I am a happy owner of Perth and Mysore. Both are  performing well in operations - Mysore has very fast shells.

Outperforming Perth's floaty shells 841m/s vs 870m/s

• Cool 2

[GOMS]
Players
290 posts
5,802 battles

Mysore is very strong against DD's and Cruisers, it can deal damage to BB's but best avoided

Very good ship

[SM0KE]
Players
7,166 posts
15,646 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

operations never had enough interest and activity

Isn't this a bit chicken and egg? There are only - what - three four Ops at the moment (four five, if you count Newport); are you really surprised that people get a bit bored? Also, you only get the decent rewards once, and then there is a precipitous drop to just silver and xp. Why not try the following:

• Rework the existing 'missing' Ops; the work should be dramatically less than building a new one from scratch, and ought to roughly double the cycle time of Ops, so reducing boredom.
  • Give people a reason to replay the things: have some sort of intermediate rewards related to stars that reset each cycle; the initial rewards should stay as 'once only' things, but perhaps put in coal, extra silver, xp of some sort, basic signals, and so on (i.e. low value, but *something*), depending on how many stars you get, but - again - once only per reset. So a similar order of magnitude to the easier monthly rewards for just playing.

The Ops are an excellent inclusion, especially for the PvE crowd, and they absolutely do make several of the premium ships on offer a lot more attractive (not just Mysore), not to mention 'National' permaflage (more of which could be another useful income stream).

Edited because I think I forgot one!

• Cool 8

[DC_DK]
Players
3,077 posts
34,665 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Isn't this a bit chicken and egg? There are only - what - three four Ops at the moment (four five, if you count Newport); are you really surprised that people get a bit bored? Also, you only get the decent rewards once, and then there is a precipitous drop to just silver and xp. Why not try the following:

• Rework the existing 'missing' Ops; the work should be dramatically less than building a new one from scratch, and ought to roughly double the cycle time of Ops, so reducing boredom.
  • Give people a reason to replay the things: have some sort of intermediate rewards related to stars that reset each cycle; the initial rewards should stay as 'once only' things, but perhaps put in coal, extra silver, xp of some sort, basic signals, and so on (i.e. low value, but *something*), depending on how many stars you get, but - again - once only per reset. So a similar order of magnitude to the easier monthly rewards for just playing.

The Ops are an excellent inclusion, especially for the PvE crowd, and they absolutely do make several of the premium ships on offer a lot more attractive (not just Mysore), not to mention 'National' permaflage (more of which could be another useful income stream).

Edited because I think I forgot one!

I think for a start that creating operations based on already exciting operations just with different tiers would be nice. example make a T-V version of of the current and adjust the complement of bot ships to suit the lower tier.

Some of us choose operations over random because of less toxic chat and because we're sick of double CV games in random.

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Players
64 posts
5,606 battles

I like Mysore, but the reload feels like it's too long given her lack of other tools for causing damage if 152mm AP isn't going to hurt the target.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,077 posts
34,665 battles
37 minutes ago, SirDixie said:

I like Mysore, but the reload feels like it's too long given her lack of other tools for causing damage if 152mm AP isn't going to hurt the target.

shot-21_01.27_19_13.20-0981.thumb.jpg.27fc3aca2eeccb9dbd647949bc32133d.jpg

I run this build on mine, it buffs the reload with 8% with no damage taken plus the adrenaline rush bonus

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,293 battles
9 hours ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately not, we have other things that are being worked on at the moment

I am confused, but the last 2 things that have been “worked on“ have been CV rework and captain skill rework. 

Both of them have been “warmly" received  by the playerbase. 

[TACHA]
Players
1,171 posts
8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

I am confused, but the last 2 things that have been “worked on“ have been CV rework and captain skill rework. 

Don't forget submarines!

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,166 posts
15,646 battles
4 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Don't forget submarines!

:Smile_trollface:

For some reason, I have the impression that trying to forget submarines would be approximately akin to trying to forget some upcoming horrifyingly invasive bowel procedure, possibly involving some pneumatic medical apparatus of sufficient power to easily raise Tower Bridge...!

• Funny 1

[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,734 battles

Peth is a fabulous ship! I recommend to all. It is probably my favorite to sail. 

Just don't show any side .. 

And spec IFHE for lols 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
33,211 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, dommo77 said:

1254986856_Mysore2.thumb.jpg.063c86a9e2fcfcb63c2d9fc40940232d.jpg

I like this camo. A fan of unicolor-camos anyway.

If WG are so afraid of fires then why not stripping HE from a certain other class? This ship really is a one-trick pony. Would it be so dramatic if they gave it HE?

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,134 battles
15 hours ago, 22cm said:

The team is indeed busy with submarines and our upcoming revamped "Key Battles". I know that there is a core of you/us that really enjoys operations and I do hope that we will get to do more of them in future, but I also want to be honest and not create expectations here. We simply have other priorities right now.

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,472 posts
16,525 battles
29 minutes ago, MrConway said:

The team is indeed busy with submarines and our upcoming revamped "Key Battles". I know that there is a core of you/us that really enjoys operations and I do hope that we will get to do more of them in future, but I also want to be honest and not create expectations here. We simply have other priorities right now.

I know this is not your descison but could you first as WG fix the failed Skills rework, and maby just maby try to fix CVs before you will put another class in game? you as WG (not you i know you didnt do it) failed us with last 2 big changes of game, relly it is time for you to be better.... 

[TRID]
Players
292 posts
5,612 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 9:07 AM, MrConway said:

Unfortunately not, we have other things that are being worked on at the moment and operations never had enough interest and activity to warrant investing a lot of development time into them.

Its sad, but I also see if from my own perspective, once I have played the ops once or twice, I return to randoms.

@MrConway Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if you would have access to the data, but it seems to me a lot of people play their lower tier premiums in Ops even now to grind FXP or even credits, especially so if strictly PvE.

I did wonder if there was an economic case to be made for more focus on Ops (as I say perhaps you have this data).

There are suggestions on this thread from @Verblonde and @hgbn_dk that could leverage existing Ops without investing into creation of new ones (which I hope will happen in the future...some day).

As others have pointed out they are somewhat of a refuge from randoms and CVs for some of us (and potentially in future subs also). Perhaps a way to retain a section of the player base not overly enamoured with CV rework or other recent/proposed changes?

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
1,171 posts
On 1/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, MrConway said:

Not even any plans for Subs-only Ops? Might help the devs polish subs a bit before putting them into the general game, and also help ease people into them better. A wolfpack attacking a merchant convoy, a sub flotilla waiting in ambush for an enemy battlefleet, maybe a group of them penetrating an enemy anchorage or straits to attack the shipping within/beyond?

On the original topic: can anyone tell me what the fire rate for Mysore's guns is? I can only find a figure on the wiki and I don't trust it, seems much too low.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,783 posts
19,485 battles
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

can anyone tell me what the fire rate for Mysore's guns is? I can only find a figure on the wiki and I don't trust it, seems much too low.

10.7s

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,293 battles

Funny name. Sorry, but every time I read it, I complete it to "Mysoreass"

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,472 posts
16,525 battles
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

devs polish subs a bit before putting them into the general game

I dont think wg thinks like that. It is rather camone lets sell as much prems as we can asap, we will fix game breaking issues soon TM 

Sign in to follow this