Planned Server Restart 27/07/2021 05:00 UTC (1 hour downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SirTogII

Mysore vs Perth

56 comments in this topic

[LICON]
Players
83 posts

Not sure I understand this one. Same tier and class but trading Torps and spotter plane for a heal, is that it? And another premium of same tier, class and playstyle for a line that doesn't even exist? Am I missing something?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,319 posts
30,943 battles
15 minutes ago, SirTogII said:

Not sure I understand this one. Same tier and class but trading Torps and spotter plane for a heal, is that it? And another premium of same tier, class and playstyle for a line that doesn't even exist? Am I missing something?

If by class you mean that both are cruisers then yes, they are the same class (of the ships). But if you mean as a cruiser class, then no they are not the same class. Perth is modify Leander class while Mysore is modernized Crown Colony (or if you prefer Fiji) class cruiser. Perth has 4x2 gun layout, while Mysore has 3x3 arrangement.

Why is added? For Indian market/playerbase, as promised last year.   

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,007 posts
15,585 battles

It looks good to me. I would prefer Perth to self spotting, HE and torps but Perth is a very strong ship. I expect I'll buy it today as I have many doubloons.

Mysore's main problem seems to be when battleships learn they can simply charge it's smoke. AP only and no torps mean  a battleship can angle in and just charge.

AP alpha will be lovely against destroyers and the heal is nice.

• Cool 1

[LICON]
Players
83 posts
5 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Why is added? For Indian market/playerbase, as promised last year.   

Ah, thanks, that explains it. And yes I know they are different IRL, I meant more in Wows it's the same crawling smoke of doom kind of play. If you have one getting the other doesn't add much.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,334 posts
14,117 battles

I tested her a lot, as the idea of a smaller Fiji at tier 6 sounds nice - especially for operations.

Unfortunately she lacks damage-per-minute and her unability to damage BBs (with her AP-only-guns and no torps) sometimes made me mad.

Personal opinion: Not an unfun ship, but weaker than Leander or Perth and sometimes absolutely helpless.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
7,085 posts
10,521 battles
38 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

AP only and no torps mean  a battleship can angle in and just charge.

But you dunno what else is in that smoke, I had it happen to me in a CV.

Thought it was a Shima but unfortunately (for me) he shared smoke with a Wooster. 

Dakkadakkadakka POOF. Told them nice trick WP. :Smile_trollface:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,776 posts
19,427 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

tested her a lot, as the idea of a smaller Fiji at tier 6 sounds nice - especially for operations.

Unfortunately she lacks damage-per-minute and her unability to damage BBs (with her AP-only-guns and no torps) sometimes made me mad.

Not to mention the Commander Skills rework, in which 10/24 skills don't work with her. Still, Royal Navy AP and crawling smoke is not to be sniffed at, it just feels like the ship needs another string to its bow. 

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,459 posts
15,200 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Not to mention the Commander Skills rework, in which 10/24 skills don't work with her. Still, Royal Navy AP and crawling smoke is not to be sniffed at, it just feels like the ship needs another string to its bow. 

Give it Def AA in a separate slot then instead of being a self spotting, crawling smokescreen of HE spam (the Perth), it would be a crawling smokescreen of fly swatting  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
3,184 posts
14,906 battles

i really like the perth, it's probably my fav T6 ship, but this one i don't know, only AP, no torps, nah, i'll probably give it a miss...

Players
1,156 posts
5 hours ago, Smeggo said:

I tested her a lot, as the idea of a smaller Fiji at tier 6 sounds nice - especially for operations.

Personal opinion: Not an unfun ship, but weaker than Leander or Perth and sometimes absolutely helpless.

A cut-down Fiji for T6 Ops sounds brilliant (I find myself hardly using torps in Ops most of the time), but if WG have failed to give her a decent DPM that's pretty tragic. Oh well, at least the wallet's safe with this one...

[JOLLY]
Players
558 posts
12,015 battles

So I just bought Mysore, I already have the Perth.

I like both 

although where are the Indian captains?

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,142 posts
15,611 battles

Mysore is sounding distinctly non-essential to me, but one thing could save her: are there any pretty permaflage alternatives? I might be tempted if she had a pretty dress available; other than that, it comes down to @NobleSauvage's point about Ops...

• Funny 1

[GJE]
Players
403 posts
5,547 battles
19 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Mysore is sounding distinctly non-essential to me, but one thing could save her: are there any pretty permaflage alternatives? I might be tempted if she had a pretty dress available; other than that, it comes down to @NobleSauvage's point about Ops...

Bought her today, only one battle but like her already :) Avoid charging BBs at all cost ;)

2 versions of same camo, maybe looks plain but I like this blue steel one.

678867149_Mysore1.thumb.jpg.a781b34caf066770bfb72f4a32da6efa.jpg1254986856_Mysore2.thumb.jpg.063c86a9e2fcfcb63c2d9fc40940232d.jpg

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
7,142 posts
15,611 battles
7 minutes ago, dommo77 said:

Bought her today, only one battle but like her already

I just thought "f*ckit!" and got her too (I can always put other cammo on her) - after first run through in Raptor, I'm rather taken with her - as observed earlier, it's not like you use many torps in Ops anyway...

A total lack of impulse control: thy name is Verblonde!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
279 posts
3,035 battles

As the Mysore lost the X turret in order to accomdate more AA I would like to have seen the ship with DefAA as well. As is? just not feeling it.

• Cool 1

[5HITS]
[5HITS]
Players
58 posts
14,837 battles

this eyesore is totally shi poor

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,073 posts
34,534 battles

Just bought it with operations in mind. Think it suit well for this. Sure it would have been super with torps. You still get the crawling smoke.

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
519 posts
11,547 battles
18 hours ago, dommo77 said:

Bought her today, only one battle but like her already :) Avoid charging BBs at all cost ;)

2 versions of same camo, maybe looks plain but I like this blue steel one.

678867149_Mysore1.thumb.jpg.a781b34caf066770bfb72f4a32da6efa.jpg1254986856_Mysore2.thumb.jpg.063c86a9e2fcfcb63c2d9fc40940232d.jpg

Did you see the tricolor Indian camo in this ship ? I just did the mission to get the Indian Camo and doesn't appear in my list. Perhaps it is only available for the Mysore. Can you check that for me ?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,776 posts
19,427 battles

The Indian Tricolore from missions is an expendable camo for any ship, not a permanent one for Mysore. It's probably a little higher in your camo list than you might expect... Shame really, as it looks great on her! 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,928 posts

Mysore should be compared to the "base ship of her type for tear" which would be Leander and not Perth (which is in itself an outcrop of Leander class), hence you exchange the torpedo tubes for well nothing really...

[SM0KE]
Players
7,142 posts
15,611 battles
29 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

you exchange the torpedo tubes for well nothing really...

For Ops, I would suggest the crawling smoke is probably of more use than the more traditional type (and it runs for a good long time with the relevant coal mod fitted); that isn't completely irrelevant. I happily acknowledge that that's a pretty niche thing compared to the (free) Leander though.

38 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The Indian Tricolore from missions is an expendable camo for any ship, not a permanent one for Mysore. It's probably a little higher in your camo list than you might expect... Shame really, as it looks great on her! 

It's a pity there isn't a more interesting permaflage for Mysore; perhaps WG can come up with something featuring a suitably 'Indian' aesthetic in future?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,928 posts
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

For Ops, I would suggest the crawling smoke is probably of more use than the more traditional type (and it runs for a good long time with the relevant coal mod fitted); that isn't completely irrelevant. I happily acknowledge that that's a pretty niche thing compared to the (free) Leander though.

Crawling smoke lasts 148s with the full smoke build, I have her and it works ok, however as all cruisers without torps you are vulnerable to yolos and due to slow relaod and ap only Mysore even more then usually...

• Cool 1

[GJE]
Players
403 posts
5,547 battles
2 hours ago, neorvo said:

Did you see the tricolor Indian camo in this ship ? I just did the mission to get the Indian Camo and doesn't appear in my list. Perhaps it is only available for the Mysore. Can you check that for me ?

Like others already mentioned it's not a perma camo, shame :)

Myslore colour.jpg

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,776 posts
19,427 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Crawling smoke lasts 148s with the full smoke build, I have her and it works ok, however as all cruisers without torps you are vulnerable to yolos and due to slow relaod and ap only Mysore even more then usually...

Embrace the acceleration mod, too. Part of the fun of crawling smoke is the ability to reposition. You shouldn't really get caught (harsh lessons learned in Huang He - it has torps, but they're not stopping an oncoming Tirpitz....)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this