Sign in to follow this  
Ubertron_X

World of Warcaptains

4 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,803 battles

Something I noticed while playing for the last couple of days was, that due to the changes made to how commanders work I play less world of warships and more world of commanders, especially the special and unique ones. Note that this will probably not be an universal issue as the "problem" seems only prevalent if you have said special commanders and a fairly large fleet of premium ships.

In the old system I had e.g. Yamamoto in Yamato using a standard BB spec, Justinian Lyons XIII on the Ignis Purgatio (Amagi clone), Takao on ARP Takao (Atago clone) and Iona in the Asashio B, with the later three having unique voiceovers each. And yes, while I could have easily used Yamamoto on the Ignis Purgatio I would probably not use him on either ARP Takao or Asashio because cruisers and destroyers usually require a different skillset than battleships.

In the new system there is few (non-weeb) incentive to not use Yamamoto on all 4 ships and I will thus probably not use the other commanders for a very, very long time. I know that this is "working as intended" to increase the market value of special or unique commanders, however I found it rather sad that all semi-special commanders (unique voiceovers like the ARP ships or the Transformer captains) have thus been greatly diminished and instead of the Ignis Purgatio, Takao or Asashio and their quirky captains I now "play" Yamamoto.

Perhaps this will change over time, however at the moment it feels very strange.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles

That's just your local issue. I as a predominantly single class player don't have such an option :-)

[4_0_4]
Players
8,157 posts
14,609 battles
12 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Perhaps this will change over time, however at the moment it feels very strange.

Yep, this is something I realized aswell.

You basicly just use the special commanders.

Which is really unfortunate. The only reason to pick another commander is if the Prem differs to much from the regular Prems of the nation.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,803 battles
12 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Which is really unfortunate. The only reason to pick another commander is if the Prem differs to much from the regular Prems of the nation.

The thing is that this kind of interchangeability devaluates even legendary commanders like captain Dasha! :Smile_sad: