Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hgbn_dk

My take on Halsey post commander rework

9 comments in this topic

[DC_DK]
Players
3,069 posts
34,089 battles

Been fooling around with different builds for my Halsey. And these are my final calls for each class so far. I play a lot of operations and so have influenced my choices for each class. He occupy New Mexico as his home silver ship, But tour the entire palette of Premiums and specials in my port.

shot-21_01.25_00_20.28-0300.thumb.jpg.5f5b327ef83628d5400599f518d67785.jpg

I'm a brawler of nature so I ditched Priory target, adrenaline rush and concealment expert. In favour of faster turret, faster module repair and enhanced main battery reload buff when in secondary range.

shot-21_01.25_00_24.48-0845.thumb.jpg.cc201c81a899bf4f393da4e6daff9d92.jpg

shot-21_01.25_00_26.00-0334.thumb.jpg.a1f7922f20cc313fce1055bfbb29319d.jpg

shot-21_01.25_00_28.20-0446.thumb.jpg.c572052c0eb5d7ec7367cbd44d919f41.jpg

Players
155 posts
3,625 battles

I still dont know how commanders work. Taking US, i have halsey for montana georgia, cybermedes for salem, a free ovechkin, another one for wooster and the twitch girl for gearing. All of them 17-19 pt except ovechkin. Should i dismiss any of em and share more or something? 

[LEEUW]
Players
3,166 posts
10,750 battles

No concealment expert and no PT on US CA? Those are no brainers for me. 

And you have picked IFHE (if I remember correctly, I'm not 100% sure)? Not worth it imo. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

No concealment expert and no PT on US CA? Those are no brainers for me. 

U should try omaha with that he damage booster and reload booster skills, its hilarious as both the range and detectability are 15.1 and 15.2 km without ce, there is some epic dakka to be had for a t5 cl right there... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
5 hours ago, Vivi_Ornitier said:

I still dont know how commanders work. Taking US, i have halsey for montana georgia, cybermedes for salem, a free ovechkin, another one for wooster and the twitch girl for gearing. All of them 17-19 pt except ovechkin. Should i dismiss any of em and share more or something? 

First: dont dismiss a captain with 17 or 19 points. ever.

Next: With the rework, things have changed. So you do like this:

- send Cybermedes to reserve (and from to there to a silver aka tech tree ship, where you need a captain)

- use Halsey for Montana, Georgia, Salem + any other premium US ship you have. Benham,

- Ovechkin should be on a DD, so for example Gearing. Ovechkin can also be used on any premium ship, but Halsey is usually better. Thus:

- Use Ovechkin for an alternative build for premium ships. f.e.: Premium cruisers like Salem and Marblehead require different build. skill accordingly. Same goes for BBs: Missouri and Massa for example.

Would have been better to redistribute the captains before the patch, they would be reskilled for the silver ship for free but better late then never.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
Vor 12 Stunden, Vivi_Ornitier sagte:

That's what I did. To reduce complexity, I dismissed all captains but two per nation - these are now 21-pts. 

I hope I will not regret that. :fish_aqua:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,803 battles
23 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

That's what I did. To reduce complexity, I dismissed all captains but two per nation - these are now 21-pts. 

I hope I will not regret that. :fish_aqua:

Last time I counted I had like 27 tech tree T10 ships, so I will require at least 27 fully trained captains in order to be prepared for any clan wars meta change shenanigans. Of those there are 14 or 15 special or unique captains which I will likely train to 21 points first.

So while this means that e.g. Franz von Jütland can probably handle his Hindenburg and all my German premium ships on his own, I will still need 2 additional German captains for Großer Kurfürst and Z-52 as I do not plan on wasting doubloons or elite XP on retraining. To do so I need to aquire the "small" amout of 32.4 million elite XP, i.e. 1.2 million per captain as all my T10 captains already were 19 pointers.  This is the equivalent of leveling 19 fresh captains from 0 to maximum in the old system. Fun times.

Though I have some more than the currently required maxed out (as per the old system) T10 captains as spares I will not dismiss a single one, instead keeping them as "building stock" for new T10 ships of upcomming tech trees. Might dismiss some free 3 or 6 pointers though.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
Vor 42 Minuten, Ubertron_X sagte:

Last time I counted I had like 27 tech tree T10 ships[...]

Ok, in that case it would be dumb to dismiss them all. I have kept only 2 techtree-ships per nation, so it is not an issue for me.

Players
155 posts
3,625 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

First: dont dismiss a captain with 17 or 19 points. ever.

Next: With the rework, things have changed. So you do like this:

- send Cybermedes to reserve (and from to there to a silver aka tech tree ship, where you need a captain)

- use Halsey for Montana, Georgia, Salem + any other premium US ship you have. Benham,

- Ovechkin should be on a DD, so for example Gearing. Ovechkin can also be used on any premium ship, but Halsey is usually better. Thus:

- Use Ovechkin for an alternative build for premium ships. f.e.: Premium cruisers like Salem and Marblehead require different build. skill accordingly. Same goes for BBs: Missouri and Massa for example.

Would have been better to redistribute the captains before the patch, they would be reskilled for the silver ship for free but better late then never.

Gotcha, thank you very much! Actually I thought the free respecs and retrains would go away today, not yesterday. Counted on changing some things that now I cant. The only good thing about this update is that now you can use your special captain on many different ships. 

Sign in to follow this