You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lemasive

Change the reporting system, it's being abused

84 comments in this topic

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,331 battles

So I've started playing my Yamato again, I used to play it only during drunken night with secondary spec and just had fun with it. Now that the new skills have arrived, I've started using deadeye. It's extremely accurate, so much that I honestly think it should be nerfed as I can hit a DD on over 28km. 

Anyway, the problem with the reporting system is that when you are fulfilling your role and doing damage most people don't understand what is going on. It could be a CV doing their thing, and a teammate gets angry because the CV doesn't spot for him and thats a report, or the thunderer that is sniping in the start/mid game as he should and gets reported because someone suicided into a cap. You should only be able to report a player after the game, and that report should have little consequence based on how people are using it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

The report has no real conseqence whatsoever, only thing happening is reducing your karma number which has no real use in game anyway, soo why even care about it?

• Cool 7

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

reports are 90% placebo. doing nothing but change a number,  the only impact of, is to change the number of compliments or reports you can make.

only unsporting, afk and chat rage reports do anything. and they do have filters on them to prevent real consequences

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles

Game still not dead yet?

Why I am not surprised that you got reported?

That happens when you do not learn how to play BB in over 4 years.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,331 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Game still not dead yet?

Why I am not surprised that you got reported?

That happens when you do not learn how to play BB in over 4 years.

Non sequitur, ad hom and irrelevant drivel. 

Thanks for participating, and being useless.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[LEEUW]
Players
3,138 posts
10,750 battles
4 hours ago, Lemasive said:

Anyway, the problem with the reporting system is that when you are fulfilling your role and doing damage most people don't understand what is going on.

Fulfilling your role also means being a deterrent presence for the enemy team and tanking damage for your team. When you sit sniping in the back *but muhhhhh dead eye* you neglect both these aspects of a bbs job. Then im not surprised people report you. 

• Cool 8

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,331 battles
6 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Fulfilling your role also means being a deterrent presence for the enemy team and tanking damage for your team. When you sit sniping in the back *but muhhhhh dead eye* you neglect both these aspects of a bbs job. Then im not surprised people report you. 

Your assumption is flawed, it's based on your subjective experience and induction. Instead of asking for specific events, you assume the worst and have 0 charitability for the argument. 

Edit : Not to mention that your mind is extremely narrow minded saying that all BBs must play the same. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,488 battles
5 hours ago, Lemasive said:

... and that report should have little consequence based on how people are using it. 

Dude, sorry to burst your bubble BUT these reports already have no consequence at all.:cap_horn:

Nothing will happen if you report someone for being a poor player, nothing will happen if you report them for unsportsmanlike conduct. IF the system verifies they were AFK all game, they will automatically become pink, even if no-one reported them. The only time, when something may happen is IF someone is reported for being abusive in chat by more than one other player AND he has actually typed something in chat, this may result in a short chat ban, if verified by admins but also this is semi-automated so not all game chats are going to be checked even if reported, only the ones with where frequent abusers were reported/ involved or where someone has been reported by multiple players. Other than that there will never be any "consequences" for those reports other than karma going up or down and that's it.:cap_old:

So basically it is all just for the release of hot air, no need to worry (so anyone spending much effort in reporting others is basically just wasting their time for nothing).:cap_like:

[LEEUW]
Players
3,138 posts
10,750 battles
1 hour ago, Lemasive said:

Your assumption is flawed, it's based on your subjective experience and induction. Instead of asking for specific events, you assume the worst and have 0 charitability for the argument. 

Edit : Not to mention that your mind is extremely narrow minded saying that all BBs must play the same. 

Assumption? I did not make any assumption. This is litteraly a bbs role. You can disagree with it, that is fine. But every top bb player will tell you the same thing. 

It all comes down to battle influence. You can snipe and do lots of damage every game with an abysmal winrate  because your cruisers have to tank damage with armor and hp that they do not have, or you can take some hits for the team. Your choice. 

Ps. Please don't put words in my mouth. Quote me where I say that "every bb must play the same". 

• Cool 8

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
5 hours ago, Lemasive said:

Thanks for participating, and being useless.

I think that is the point people make when they report you.

• Cool 8

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Well reporting anything but the CV sounds like using the system wrong

I bet i tanked more in the CV that the op ;_;

I even got the raging chatlog to prove it ;_;

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Funny 2

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,331 battles
12 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Assumption? I did not make any assumption. This is litteraly a bbs role. You can disagree with it, that is fine. But every top bb player will tell you the same thing. 

It all comes down to battle influence. You can snipe and do lots of damage every game with an abysmal winrate  because your cruisers have to tank damage with armor and hp that they do not have, or you can take some hits for the team. Your choice. 

Ps. Please don't put words in my mouth. Quote me where I say that "every bb must play the same". 

You're kidding right, you just said what the "role" for a BB was. Do you think Yamato should push with poor armor, no AA to speak, slow turret traverse and low maneuverability? Obviously not, yet in this fight I get reported when I get 2 kills and we are leading 11-3, because I'm not suiciding into 3 BBs and a DD alone.  Do you play the Kurfurst the same way you play a Thunderer? Obviously not, yet you are talking about fulfilling your "role" as a BB while they are very diverse. I bet you a Stalingrad can tank more than a Thunderer, but your narrow minded  "intellect" can't even assimilate basic data. 

If you don't think the BBs fill the exact same role, then why are you whining about a sniper BB playing as a sniper? 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[RHIP]
Players
437 posts
7,331 battles
7 hours ago, DasTongle said:

I bet i tanked more in the CV that the op ;_;

I even got the raging chatlog to prove it ;_;

unknown.png

unknown.png

I hit a CV at 30km with the Yamato, 6 ricochets. I assume the CV has a lot of protection from long range shots.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
14 hours ago, Lemasive said:

You're kidding right, you just said what the "role" for a BB was. Do you think Yamato should push with poor armor,

What? 32 arround the ship, 57 on the deck, best torp belt in the game is poor armor?

Maybe do not stand broadside to ships, that helps a lot with her armor.

I bet you a Stalingrad can tank more than a Thunderer, but your narrow minded  "intellect" can't even assimilate basic data. 

You'd lose that bet and that you would lose that shows how little about angling you understand

Do you play the Kurfurst the same way you play a Thunderer?

Sure do, the thing there is you have to pick the timing to push the enemy. Thunderer on Midranged is so much more deadly than anything else , thunderer also has the legendary conquerer module backed into its dna and is a very maneuverable beast.

I hit a CV at 30km with the Yamato, 6 ricochets. I assume the CV has a lot of protection from long range shots.

In light of your "basics" remark , it is basic knowledge that Midway has 80mm+ of Armored Flight Deck.

• Cool 2

Players
1,092 posts
3,828 battles
2 hours ago, DasTongle said:

In light of your "basics" remark , it is basic knowledge that Midway has 80mm+ of Armored Flight Deck.

Wikipedia says Midway had 89mm of armor on the flight deck.

This page :

http://www.combinedfleet.com/f_guns.htm

says that Yamato shells have a penetration value of 7.1 inches at 30 Km ( = 180mm) vs. armored decks.

all shells should have penetrated.

Players
2,710 posts
11,390 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 9:06 AM, Lemasive said:

They have the most armour and health. Their main role is to tank, and the playstyle then varies from there. But the BB should be close enough to absorb some hits from the team. No one is saying to just mindlessly push, or take incoming fire from 7 enemy ships. That is why brains are needed to play the game on a higher level.

What is the use of you doing damage and sinking maybe one or 2 ships when u team gets flatten by the enemy and only moving forward when no one is left to spot for u. You say the Yamato has weak armour, but what about the other cruisers and DDs? Do you think they have as much health and armour as your Yamato?

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
15 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Wikipedia says Midway had 89mm of armor on the flight deck.

This page :

http://www.combinedfleet.com/f_guns.htm

says that Yamato shells have a penetration value of 7.1 inches at 30 Km ( = 180mm) vs. armored decks.

all shells should have penetrated.

So the famous yamato ballistics we got here

image.png.50af7a146e80d530696690c5745002ef.png

Where it went up straight and fell down straight.

Lets fail to mention that the angle for max range fire was arround 45° and the shells have an artificial curve to keep them in the air ..... 

lets just forget ballistic trajectories and bounce angles.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,092 posts
3,828 battles
1 hour ago, DasTongle said:

So the famous yamato ballistics we got here

image.png.50af7a146e80d530696690c5745002ef.png

Where it went up straight and fell down straight.

Lets fail to mention that the angle for max range fire was arround 45° and the shells have an artificial curve to keep them in the air ..... 

lets just forget ballistic trajectories and bounce angles.

go to the link and read it instead of posting ignorant nonsense.

180mm is for the shells' falloff angle at 30Km.

at 40Km, where the shells come down at a steeper angle, the penetration vs. an armored deck is 11,7 inches = 297mm

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
12 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

go to the link and read it instead of posting ignorant nonsense.

180mm is for the shells' falloff angle at 30Km.

at 40Km, where the shells come down at a steeper angle, the penetration vs. an armored deck is 11,7 inches = 297mm

You mean that FT/S Table that is ignoring Yamatos Capabilities and extrapolates out?

If he had made the efford to read Campell at all he'd noted that Yamato had 27km of Range

the shel according to your "table" comes in at..

image.png.a33b8e1719e85908b72074a37ab04ee7.png

So 87mm of 27° Angled armor equate to????

Btw Armor Piercing Shells did not fly 30km.

Thats the theoretical Maximum you can achive witht he gun at hand.

Written down in the same literature that FT/S guy took his values from and extrapolated.

• Bad 1

Players
1,092 posts
3,828 battles
8 minutes ago, DasTongle said:

You mean that FT/S Table that is ignoring Yamatos Capabilities and extrapolates out?

If he had made the efford to read Campell at all he'd noted that Yamato had 27km of Range

the shel according to your "table" comes in at..

image.png.a33b8e1719e85908b72074a37ab04ee7.png

So 87mm of 27° Angled armor equate to????

Btw Armor Piercing Shells did not fly 30km.

Thats the theoretical Maximum you can achive witht he gun at hand.

Written down in the same literature that FT/S guy took his values from and extrapolated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato

"Yamato's main battery consisted of nine 46-centimetre (18.1 in) 45 Caliber Type 94 naval guns—the largest caliber of naval artillery ever fitted to a warship,[15] although the shells were not as heavy as those fired by the British 18-inch naval guns of World War I. Each gun was 21.13 metres (69.3 ft) long, weighed 147.3 metric tons (162.4 short tons), and was capable of firing high-explosive or armor-piercing shells 42 kilometres (26 mi)."

see also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46_cm/45_Type_94_naval_gun

and 27° is the angle of fire...

again, please don't post ignorant nonsense.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles

So we talking about 27° Firing Angle that is expected to penetrate at 90° on 87mm of Armor...

Players
1,092 posts
3,828 battles
31 minutes ago, DasTongle said:

So we talking about 27° Firing Angle that is expected to penetrate at 90° on 87mm of Armor...

nope, nobody said anything about the penetration angle.

but the table says 180mm of deck armor (i.e. horizontal armor) is needed to stop a shell fired by Yamato 30Km away.  so 180mm is the equivalent armor penetration value at whatever the angle is, you can easily see that from the values for other ranges. it's obvious that impact angle is taken into account.

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
180 posts
2,417 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 9:24 PM, Yedwy said:

The report has no real conseqence whatsoever, only thing happening is reducing your karma number which has no real use in game anyway, soo why even care about it?

looks like you havent been chat banned yet. Because its easy to do with swarm of chat abuse reports

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
7 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

but the table says 180mm of deck armor (i.e. horizontal armor) is needed to stop a shell fired by Yamato 30Km away.  so 180mm is the equivalent armor penetration value at whatever the angle is, you can easily see that from the values for other ranges. it's obvious that impact angle is taken into account.

You still do not understand that you can not take the real life penetration table for a game that extrapolates Yamatos gun down to 26,4 KM of Range down , do you?

We do not play a simulation , we never had, yamato isn't able to fire 30km in this game hence you can take this table , shine it up real nice and.... the rest to you imagination.

Thats why i told you specifically that the 30km shot is artifically extrapolated.