You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Smolensk is dead, in front of the dead eye

66 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
202 posts
22,109 battles

RIP. Smolensk is dead, in front of the dead eye. BBs are shooting from 17 KM+ and poor smolensk has a max range of 16KM. 1 shoot of dead-eye-salvo, it's gone. WG, please give her range back! We didn't expect this when purchasing.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 19
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
Just now, luokailk said:

RIP. Smolensk is dead, in front of the dead eye. BBs are shooting from 17 KM+ and poor smolensk has a max range of 16KM. 1 shoot of dead-eye-salvo, it's gone. WG, please give her range back! We didn't expect this when purchasing.

Purchasing what? Wasn't Smol a coal ship?

• Cool 5

[SHAD]
Players
3,743 posts
15,127 battles
1 minute ago, luokailk said:

Poor Smolensk....

:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

Players
809 posts
7,989 battles

Is it dead?? I mean, I played only one game since the update and I had forgotten to switch modules, so I played with 13km range. We lost (because potatoes), but I had fun and did just fine.

Players
3,202 posts
18,593 battles

Dont know about dead although the 2 games were lost.

First game was spent most of the time gunboating in the open (B cap Islands of Ice) and being harassed by CV. As usual it was cruiser AP that did me in, not BBs.

Second game featured a cyclone where i farmed 1 thunderer to death with mix of AP/HE, then brawled another thunderer at 3 km range, torping him, then killing a Halland for good measure before his stalingrad buddy finished me off with radar. With Rangemod it can reach 16 km which was always the sweetspot.

image.thumb.png.802dc132bf1d4b7d9c43bb315985dad7.png

• Cool 3

[IDDQD]
Players
752 posts
15,492 battles

all CLs have a hard time now, since nothing comes into gun range, so you either have to wait for mid-late game or risk it. In both cases the average dmg goes to hell

3 minutes ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

what about removing smolensk along with deadeye

Smolensk was removed. And Dead Eye might get a nerf 

Players
1,083 posts
3,828 battles
25 minutes ago, luokailk said:

I bought Smolensk with coal because it was so OP. And now they completely destroyed it.

One more reason to dislike this game, it has bad mechanics and you can't even build on a solid basis, because in one update it's gone and your coal is gone too...

Grind grind grind, get unfair matchmaking, get abused by CV, endure it all to earn coal to buy ships, and poof! gone. ship worthless... glad I uninstalled.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[IDDQD]
Players
752 posts
15,492 battles
14 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I bought Smolensk with coal because it was so OP. And now they completely destroyed it.

One more reason to dislike this game, it has bad mechanics and you can't even build on a solid basis, because in one update it's gone and your coal is gone too...

Grind grind grind, get unfair matchmaking, get abused by CV, endure it all to earn coal to buy ships, and poof! gone. ship worthless... glad I uninstalled.

Smolensk is your only T10 ship (you got Thunderer recently)

How do you expect to learn the game when the only ships you "enjoy" playing are the ones considered OP?

but yea, if a ship takes a year to grind to get and it gets drastically changed in a patch like Flint or Smolensk, WG should at least offer to refund it back for original resource

they did bother to fix $20 Atlanta cuz "premium" but others got fucked up hard.

I dont even get why to remove AFT from cruisers, there were many ships who used it

PS: Atlanta with IFHE from my snowflake run yday

image.thumb.png.37c8b93145ca544d77b4f7b4a163921d.png

not a chance Flint will do that

• Cool 8

Players
32 posts
4,202 battles
9 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

im glad too

[XTREM]
Players
2,134 posts
15,552 battles

16km, so around the ballpark of several other tier 10 cruisers, most of which don't have smoke and are easier to full pen and cit compared to smol. 

Listen. Just git gud. 

• Cool 5

Players
3,942 posts
20,116 battles
42 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Oh boy old range build smolensk user... :Smile_facepalm:

Seriously, 16 km is more than enough. Maybe try to learn how to play with it instead of whining?

• Cool 3

Players
1,083 posts
3,828 battles
4 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

Smolensk is your only T10 ship (you got Thunderer recently)

How do you expect to learn the game when the only ships you "enjoy" playing are the ones considered OP?

I got smolensked often enough when playing tier 8... often enough for me to want it (at the time).

Now I don't want to learn anything WoWs related, because I have uninstalled and don't intend to come back, not only because it's a bad game for a host of reasons, but now they also nullify the rewards I earned by grinding resource containers.

so no more WoWs, thanks.

P.S.

and I didn't even enjoy playing Smolensk, I got it after some changes/nerfs and it wasn't the same anymore anyway. And the number of high tier maps with islands that offer no opportunity to fire from cover is just staggering... looks like they all are in south Vietnam or Phang-Na bay with skyscraper-like islands.

Next map: flooded New-York.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
3,942 posts
20,116 battles

Oh boy... one of the people, who make smolensk look balanced, complains about smolensk. Nothing to see here dudes. Move on.

• Cool 2

[IDDQD]
Players
752 posts
15,492 battles
11 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Oh boy... one of the people, who make smolensk look balanced, complains about smolensk. Nothing to see here dudes. Move on.

why so negative? for some ppl it takes year+ to farm ~250k coal. And range mod Smolensk was very viable build, especially when playing solo

of course  for someone with 20k battles that amount of coal is nothing and since all your Smolensk games were in division you could afford to run reload mod one with a friends spottng/smoking and covering you

this changes and removalls of content that ppl wasted ages to farm is very shitty design by WG. They wan't to make a major change to special ships, they should offer refund

Imagine ppl who spent 30k steel for the Flint/Neutra/Black, and now they are coal ships. Its YEARs of grind even for average active players. big [edited]you from WG

• Cool 4

Players
3,942 posts
20,116 battles
2 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

why so negative? for some ppl it takes year+ to farm ~250k coal. And range mod Smolensk was very viable build, especially when playing solo

Doesnt change the fact smolensk being broken af. So, no matter how long it took anyone to get this ship, she should have been deleted long ago. Or she needs to be nerfed a lot to be somehow balanced. And she having "only" 16 km range is not enough.

2 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

of course  for someone with 20k battles that amount of coal is nothing and since all your Smolensk games were in division you could afford to run reload mod one with a friends spottng/smoking and covering you

In div or not. You can pretty much use islands and your own smoke. Its such a ship which does need very little skill to get good results. 

Besides most of those battles with smolensk was in 2 man div with a BB. So, no extra smoke or whatsoever. 

Btw just checked i have some solo games. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,922 posts
15,691 battles
1 hour ago, luokailk said:

I wonder how so many people got fantastic results with just 16km range in the past :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
3,942 posts
20,116 battles
29 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

this changes and removalls of content that ppl wasted ages to farm is very shitty design by WG. They wan't to make a major change to special ships, they should offer refund

Imagine ppl who spent 30k steel for the Flint/Neutra/Black, and now they are coal ships. Its YEARs of grind even for average active players. big [edited]you from WG

Its nothing if you compare this with the biggest f you from WG to RTS mains, who spend 100s of hours to get good in them. And the answer to them was git gud. So, git gud.

[CATS]
Players
30,922 posts
15,691 battles
1 hour ago, King_Of_The_Potatoes said:

Almost every cruiser is dead atm thanks to deadeye. 

Yea, so dead...

Spoiler

2146788945_shot-26_06.15_12_25.37-0280Results.thumb.jpg.0cd87eea2b88d0e8078ba15373e55f3d.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles

This is a game from 5 min ago and I wasn't playing as effective as I could have done (many min with no damage), so its far from dead, will still be able to rock 250 K games in her.

shot-21_01.24_20_46.02-0949.thumb.jpg.cb0000741a9adeb04198134d9d114789.jpgshot-21_01.24_20_45.57-0130.thumb.jpg.968405f862e9e8935ed726bdd839bf48.jpgshot-21_01.24_20_45.53-0013.thumb.jpg.cb0dc35d72622689f530005fe5a7f676.jpgshot-21_01.24_20_45.48-0465.thumb.jpg.50df38cc1e6f4d7438fa6267b43ee6e6.jpgshot-21_01.24_20_45.43-0474.thumb.jpg.8a017a37b899ea783aac3070a6601b8b.jpg