Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

So I guess I'm getting the Thunderer then...

12 comments in this topic

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles

Kinda redundant post but I'm due for a new coal ship. From the selection I'm thinking BB. Now I WANT the Georgia, but with 10.0 out I guess I'd be crazy to: Thunderer is even more meta now. Short of it's HE, range, or both,  being nerfed to the ground I can't see how that's not the best option. I mostly play solo so I can't rely on teamwork most of the time.

I honestly don't get what WG is thinking with 10.0 and deadeye: EVERYONE complains about the campy meta and BBs in the back with CV's ROFL-stomping cruisers and most DDs and THIS is the solution? I realize they will make a lot of money on the captain remake but and I have some thoughts on that but still don't get why this is happening.

Sorry in advance I guess, one more toxic HE spamming BB into they fray.

Players
386 posts
12,134 battles

it's dull has hell to play, you sit at the back and lob HE for 10min until one team is starting to crumble then you either push up and mop up the remains or try to stay alive until the counter finishes. 

• Cool 4

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles
3 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

it's dull has hell to play, you sit at the back and lob HE for 10min until one team is starting to crumble then you either push up and mop up the remains or try to stay alive until the counter finishes. 

I know...

[LEEUW]
Players
3,144 posts
10,750 battles
11 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

I love how accurate this is.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles

It seems it fits the current meta best.

Thunderer is not boring if you use AP, it hits hard with great overmatch.

Easymode HE spam is boring and far too effective.

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,590 battles

Thunderer can still make plays, it has a unique heal and some armor while being stealthy and maneuverable. I often drive to dangerous positions to strike at the radar cruiser, confident that I can disengage. 

[NSNS]
Players
6 posts
3,949 battles

Managed to get both Georgia and Thunderer this XMas with the snowflakes coal and all. 

Very very different ships...

Georgia feels like the biggest cruiser in the game. Can punish cruisers that miss-step with those guns easily, secondaries grind down DDs that get too close and you can play with the throttle to make most BBs miss at range. 

But overall squishiness means most T9 BBs will eat you alive if you are not careful and even some T8 like the Bismark and Vladivostok will make you life hard.

Thunderer on the other hand needs a lot of situational awareness. Yes, you can blap things across the map but you have to keep in mind that the shells take a lot of time to get there and most cruisers and even some battleships can dodge them if their player can think and breathe at the same time. 

So with the Thunderer I find myself looking for targets of oportunity, what ships are in a bad position, where can I go to get the best position for my shots, what enemy ships are the most dangerous for my team and so on. It's a slower and more methodical gameplay than say a GK, where you try to dodge shots and get close enough for your 12 gun broadside to make mince-meat of the enemy.

P.S: also, since most people are quite salty about the Thunderer, they tend to shoot it when it's spotted... you can actually divert quite a lot of fire from the enemy to yourself if you can use the throttle corectly  :D.

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles

I guess like everyone else who can, lol. Welcome to 'WoTBBs' (World of Thunderer Battleships). :cap_haloween:

Players
839 posts
8,044 battles

Thunderer... as others have noted, it's boring and often has no bearing on the outcome of the game. AP Thunderer can be a lot of fun, because the guns are obscene. Thunderer has the best papier machee armor in the game  your mileage may vary.

All in all, even  now, I wish I could trade it back for the coal it cost. I'd take a captain instead.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
879 posts
11,273 battles
2 hours ago, bloodynicknames said:

That is exactly how WG wants the game to be played.

• Cool 2

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles
1 hour ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

All in all, even  now, I wish I could trade it back for the coal it cost. I'd take a captain instead.

That was my plan, actually I was intent on getting lutjens for Ger BBs but I only run them for secondary builds and with 10.0 thats even more of a meme build now. So I'm kinda thinking if you cant beat them join them. I'm sick of trying to pull off caps and pushes in dds and ca/cl only to see the bbs remaining in the back when there is an opening for them to push. Technically I CAN push in the thunderer if it is opportune, but if the team just potatoes I can hang back and farm. I don't trust wg to change things to the better so I am expecting this to be the meta for a year or so...

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

'WoTBBs'

And here i was thinking it means World of teh Battlebabies :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this