You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ydoum

WG, you better do something about Siegfried and Flint

66 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
189 posts
9,954 battles

Or you won't ever be getting another penny from me.

Siegfried was unique having really good secondary range with AFT.

Flint also had good enough range to go even uptiered into t9s.

Now?

Siegfried is just another cruiser with nothing special going for it. No AFT = standard t9 cruiser range. Accurate guns? Meh, that was not the reason I spent my RBPs on it.

Flint has LESS RANGE than t7 dds do. In fact, here's a list my buddy provided me with:

DDs that Flint can see in battle and who can't have more gun range than her:
T9: 0 out of 15
T8: 1 out of 20 (Kagero)
T7: 0 out of 15
T6: 1 out of 15 (Shinonome)
T5: 6 out of 16 (Minekaze, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin, Mutsuki, Okhotnik)

This is absolutely dumb. A skilled dd player can kite flint into oblivion.

Everyone should keep sending support tickets requesting refunds and not back down. Our time invested into steel/research bureau points, as of now, means nothing for WG. We need to show them that they can't just s**t on us like this.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

Flint range buff will come around the latter half of 2023.

Im pretty sure they said, Flint will NOT get a range buff. Instead, they will buff some other, useless, stuff... :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,476 posts
7,245 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Im pretty sure they said, Flint will NOT get a range buff. Instead, they will buff some other, useless, stuff... :cap_fainting:

“Yea, git gut and use your smoke” WG

• Funny 5

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

“Yea, git gut and use your smoke” WG

I wonder how many buffs it will get before they buff the range anyway? *looks at hindenburg* :cap_haloween:

• Funny 5

Players
203 posts
22 minutes ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

Don't you worry. They are closely monitoring the situation. Flint range buff will come around the latter half of 2023.

i do love their monitoring remarks ....

im not your fcking tester wg/lesta. if you want me to test then pay me ...

• Cool 4

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Ah so not enough range? Here, we’ll buff the rudder repair time. 

This buff brought to you by WG balancing dept. sponsor, Loctite Superglue.

Enjoy, comrade.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,207 battles
23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Like acceleration?

[Cries in Colbert]

• Funny 2

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
51 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

Everyone should keep sending support tickets requesting refunds and not back down. Our time invested into steel/research bureau points, as of now, means nothing for WG. We need to show them that they can't just s**t on us like this.

I'd like to, I loved the secondary Siegfried. But how do you suggest I don't back down? They already told me in answer to my ticket that following his kind of big update no compensation would be given...

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

So glad I went for Paolo instead of Siegfried. Dumping RP into a ship that is just turned into nothing special has to suck. You guys need to keep complaining about this, they need to either buff Siegfried secondaries or give you guys the option to refund her. Same goes for Flint, buff range or offer refunds.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,234 posts
9,993 battles

I cannot comment on Flint as I simply dont have it.

I do think that Siegfried has been Nerfed by this Update and that Wargaming should give Siegfried a Buff.

Siegfried was usually either going with a Tank Build or a Secondary Build.

Neither of which is working anymore as Cruisers no longer have Access to the Corresponding Skills.

Potential Buffs for Siegfried could be but are not limited to: 

Increased Secondary Base Secondary Range and Accuracy. (Returning the Potential Secondary Build)

Increased Reload and Range for Main Battery (Moving Siegfried towards Sniping Cruiser)

Icebreaker and Increased Deck Armor (Moving Siegfried towards a Skirmisher Build which works at Mid Ranges)

(Pls note the Idea is to use One of these not All of these)

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,146 battles
26 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Increased Secondary Base Secondary Range and Accuracy. (Returning the Potential Secondary Build)

Increased Reload and Range for Main Battery (Moving Siegfried towards Sniping Cruiser)

Get those special modules in the shop now!  (I'm not joking, I think this is a better way to provide ships with special properties rather than general buffs).

Players
7,567 posts
245 battles
40 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I cannot comment on Flint as I simply dont have it.

I do think that Siegfried has been Nerfed by this Update and that Wargaming should give Siegfried a Buff.

Siegfried was usually either going with a Tank Build or a Secondary Build.

Neither of which is working anymore as Cruisers no longer have Access to the Corresponding Skills.

Icebreaker and Increased Deck Armor (Moving Siegfried towards a Skirmisher Build which works at Mid Ranges)

(Pls note the Idea is to use One of these not All of these)

ill take all three pls.

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles
1 hour ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

Don't you worry. They are closely monitoring the situation. Flint range buff will come around the latter half of 2023.

Yes, you remember when they talked about the IJN-gunboat line and how we shouldn't worry they knew it was not quite right? They found a great way of fixing it. They kept nerfed torp-boats as "gunboats" below T8 and just changed the description of them instead. Best fix ever. I still don't have any of the IJN-gunboats because I blatantly refuse to free-xp myself past three ships to get to actually play the line. It's not that I cant it's just wrong. A line should be playable at every tier AND enjoyable and at least match the intent of that line.

• Cool 3

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles
1 hour ago, hypsar said:

i do love their monitoring remarks ....

im not your fcking tester wg/lesta. if you want me to test then pay me ...

Yes, you are. Remeber: The game is free to play.

[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles

There is a total absence of "range" logic in WOWS, dds that have more range than light cruisers, bbs that have less range on their secondaries than dds with identical guns. In the past, with AFT, light cruisers sometimes hard better range than heavy cruisers, so the problem is not new, just different.

I wish there were some coherent framework logic underlying main and secondary battery range in WOWS. We used to discuss this much more back in alpha and beta days, since then devs have muddied the waters.. 

• Cool 1

Players
386 posts
12,134 battles
Just now, LoveZeppelin said:

There is a total absence of "range" logic in WOWS, dds that have more range than light cruisers, bbs that have less range on their secondaries than dds with identical guns. In the past, with AFT, light cruisers sometimes hard better range than heavy cruisers, so the problem is not new, just different.

I wish there were some coherent framework logic underlying main and secondary battery range in WOWS. We used to discuss this much more back in alpha and beta days, since then devs have muddied the waters.. 

my Haru only has 1.7km less range than my wooster, most fun activity in haru is burn down the likes of stalin, petro and moskva from outside their radar range. 

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

Ah so not enough range? Here, we’ll buff the rudder repair time. 

This buff brought to you by WG balancing dept. sponsor, Loctite Superglue.

Enjoy, comrade.

I once made a similar joke about WG and glue and had my post deleted along with getting warned by the moderator for hurting WG feelings. True story...

• Funny 1

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
13 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

my Haru only has 1.7km less range than my wooster, most fun activity in haru is burn down the likes of stalin, petro and moskva from outside their radar range. 

The disappearance of fire prevention for cruisers captains is also a big issue. All supercruisers (Siegfried included) suffer from this. 

You will have even more fun than before in your Haru... I'm happy for you...

[LEWD]
Players
397 posts
24,545 battles

If there is no range improvement I'll have my coal back wg for the flint.

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
4 hours ago, Ydoum said:

This threat wont work. There are people out there, that pay after each and every game in their T10 ship, to get the ship back, because they dont have credits to cover the ships maintanance. There are people out there, that pay money to unlock B-hulls on their ships. There are people out there, that transform each and every XP via dubloons into free XP. List goes on.

So what you and other unicums contribute financially doest matter. its literally peanuts.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,433 posts
32,719 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

2023: Defensive AA consumable for Flint added*.

*one charge

Actually, Atlanta-class was re-classified as CLAA. The AA stands for something, can´t remember though what it was...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Was Siegfried advertised in the armory as a secondary ship? It doesnt mention it anymore.

Secondaries were buffed in testing so removing the secondary option is a definite nerf. It is the only cruiser which had the ability to have a secondary build really. 

Im considering asking for a refund on this basis. I know they won’t grant it but hopefully it will give a little pressure to get them to fix this.

• Cool 1

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
174 posts
18,070 battles
6 hours ago, Ydoum said:

Siegfried was unique having really good secondary range with AFT.

Flint also had good enough range to go even uptiered into t9s.

Now?

Siegfried is just another cruiser with nothing special going for it. No AFT = standard t9 cruiser range. Accurate guns? Meh, that was not the reason I spent my RBPs on it.

Flint has LESS RANGE than t7 dds do. In fact, here's a list my buddy provided me with:

This is absolutely dumb. A skilled dd player can kite flint into oblivion.

Siegfried was never about secondaries

• Boring 1