Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warrior_16101991

Stalingrad fire prevention

22 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,825 posts
7,824 battles

Bow camping cruisers..

WG may have achieved one of their "goals" with this update 

Players
1,104 posts
6,724 battles
27 minutes ago, Warrior_16101991 said:

Please, put the fire prevention back on the stalingrad, because it is becoming unplayable!

But not on other cruisers of course, hu?

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I suggest WASD from time to time and work on your positioning.

She is far from unplayable.

WASD means nothing in the CV meta

And no she is not unplayable but pointless

• Cool 3

Players
155 posts
3,625 battles

Well, im close to finally get stalin, which ive been wanting for over a year. Let's hope they fix this somehow, +deadeye for thunderer/conkek - fire prevention for stalin isnt a good combo. 

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
8 minutes ago, Vivi_Ornitier said:

Well, im close to finally get stalin, which ive been wanting for over a year. Let's hope they fix this somehow, +deadeye for thunderer/conkek - fire prevention for stalin isnt a good combo. 

Be advised it is quite difficult to get a proper build for her with the way things are now. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Supercruisers are now my number one target when trying to get fires. I do hope 45s fires will come back as that should be a suitable way of compensating for the lack of fire prevention. They could otherwise give an extra or an improved heal to these ships.

That said, supercruisers perform well so WG might not see a problem at all.

@Crysantos Did allude to the possibility of another tab being added to the commander skills such as a super cruiser tab.

He did not say it was happening, just that it was possible.

I'm holding off on my Stalingrad purchase until I know what is happening with this.

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

WASD means nothing in the CV meta

And no she is not unplayable but pointless

Fire prevention does not really help vs CV.

And I seriously doubt that we have a CV meta.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e84ea83db2008bed5807aa527bb3d4e0.png

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
31 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Fire prevention does not really help vs CV.

And I seriously doubt that we have a CV meta.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e84ea83db2008bed5807aa527bb3d4e0.png

You can doubt all you want, CV spots you and 100 HE shells come your way you can dodge some of them but not all of them and fires start sooner or later, so unless you intend to stay at 23 km the whole match and "kite" for which there are better cruisers then the grad you WILL burn down sooner or later

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

Stalin has almost single-handedly changed the competitive meta for 2 years now.
The boat could need a nerf.

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

They fucked up many cruisers with this rework. Like Siegfried secondary build which disappeared, in this case no more fire prevention as well. But is it really important? It's not like there was a lot of HE spam ships... oh wait.

When the free commander reset ends, they might change it?

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You can doubt all you want, CV spots you and 100 HE shells come your way you can dodge some of them but not all of them and fires start sooner or later, so unless you intend to stay at 23 km the whole match and "kite" for which there are better cruisers then the grad you WILL burn down sooner or later

Unless you keep your guns quite, you are spotted anyway.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Ive played a couple of Stalingrad games in Coop for Cruiser mission damage... i burned nonstop. Now WG even forced me to take DCP mod in slot 4, since i dont have any other anti-fire options, thanks WG :cap_fainting:

If bots can set you on fire non-stop, so can humans, and while they dont rush you like morons, BBs might actually shoot HE aswell :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

Players
29 posts
11,165 battles

I usually play stalingrad on the go.

I can tell you that, if before the only concern was the angle, now any shot he (even of the dds) has become a problem.

This because it has a lot of hp, but the damage repair does not last long.

It happened to me several times to use it and just finished catching 3 fires in 2 broadsides.

It can't tank as before.

Finally, I mentioned the stalingrad because compared to the other cruisers it is bigger and has a worse spot.

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
318 posts
10,503 battles

You can prevent fire dmg on your Stalin by not playing the Stalin. Simple and effective fire prevention, no pts needed.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Players
155 posts
3,625 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Be advised it is quite difficult to get a proper build for her with the way things are now. 

I will still buy it, guns still look very fun + I need it for cb and ranked. Probably wont play it much in randoms, bow in isnt my fav playstyle either. Will leave my 19 pts Moskva cap reset for some time, wg will surely change things. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

I’m even noticing the change on my Moskva! 

These cruisers are so much easier to light up than a battleship. Losing one superstructure fire bide is huge on its own. Lack of BOS is another issue.

The Cruiser build of rudder module another.

Battleship(with FP and BOS) fires: 43.4s fires, only one superstructure fire, 3 fires max.

Large cruiser fires: 60s, two superstructure fires, 4 fires max.

Add in more static gameplay due to exposed citadel and your Stalingrad has gone from bane of destroyers lives to favourite target.

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles
9 minutes ago, Vivi_Ornitier said:

I will still buy it, guns still look very fun + I need it for cb and ranked. Probably wont play it much in randoms, bow in isnt my fav playstyle either. Will leave my 19 pts Moskva cap reset for some time, wg will surely change things. 

In the last KOTS the Stalingrad seemed to be partially replaced by the Petropavolosk. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Hirohito said:

Stalin has almost single-handedly changed the competitive meta for 2 years now.
The boat could need a nerf.

Nerf yes, I agree but the entire point of those large cruisers is area denial as in you go to some part of the map and basically make sure its yours by providing a stable point there with your guns and endurance as well as utility for support with radar or hydro, now all thats left of grad are the guns, sure they are good guns but not that good, endurance is gone and radar is of questionable utility since you dont have the endurance to sit there in the range of the key area and punch it on demand...

As i said, yes you can kite but for kiting there are far better and cheaper cruisers then ANY of the CCs espec grad...

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles
30 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Nerf yes, I agree but the entire point of those large cruisers is area denial as in you go to some part of the map and basically make sure its yours by providing a stable point there with your guns and endurance as well as utility for support with radar or hydro, now all thats left of grad are the guns, sure they are good guns but not that good, endurance is gone and radar is of questionable utility since you dont have the endurance to sit there in the range of the key area and punch it on demand...

As i said, yes you can kite but for kiting there are far better and cheaper cruisers then ANY of the CCs espec grad...

With the current meta post commander change I think even the Moskva might be better than Stalin.... Maybe.....

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
12 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

With the current meta post commander change I think even the Moskva might be better than Stalin.... Maybe.....

Not maybe but for sure as she doesnt have the long burn time, she has the 50 mm plate, higher ROF and same radar, she can also pack hydro to boot for extra utility, sure her sides are soft but so are grads and for the stupid tanky stuff we have the petrobalansovsk ofc...

Sign in to follow this