Sign in to follow this  
RamboCras

Secondaries definitely BROKEN

19 comments in this topic

[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,184 battles

Was in a game in my Massa with a tier 8 cruiser at 9,8km and he had 762 health. My secondaries could not finish him off, not 1 hit.

2 minutes later another cruiser (tier 7) attacks me, my main guns bring him down to 1000 health, he is on 1.2km and in 3 salvos my secondaries make ZERO damage.

Before the patch, you could set your sec. on a ship and they would take care of it. Now.. you have NO clue if they will finish of the ship.

2 days ago i was angled at an IOWA at 7.9k and I hit him with 2-3 per salve, that used to be 5-6.

The Meta is also fucked, where sometimes ships would follow you in or be close and make their shots count as you were focussed and pushed, they are now all 10+k behind you sniping doing for less damage. Flamy showed it in his video, you make more damage with plunging fire from 20k than on a broadside Russian BB 11-13k away.

What does WG want, we all hang back shoot in turn cause that is cheaper to program? Kill off all dynamic play. They make us regrind our ship lines, now regrind captain XP, what's next, regrind your credits or convert XP? Regrind modules? Camo's, flags? 

Why don't they make another map or so? Change the scenery???

• Cool 6

[MBHH]
Players
793 posts

So what you are describing is RNG. If you really want to start a substantial thread, compare the average fire and secondary dmg of ~100 games in Massachusetts before and after the patch.

• Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

secondaries are bad for the same reason a lot of things are bad.

weegee refuse to use anything other than rng and dpm for balance.

when they could use the similar dispersion systems as those in WoT where traverse tracking throws off horizontal dispersion and elevation tracking throws off vertical dispersion.

beyond that there are many different things that could be done to balance secondaries, such as their modern cwis like traverse.

or even using angular size as an accuracy modifier. which iirc, eve dose.

• Cool 1

[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,184 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, Trench4nt said:

So what you are describing is RNG. If you really want to start a substantial thread, compare the average fire and secondary dmg of ~100 games in Massachusetts before and after the patch.

it by no means RNG, 1.5km distance no sec. hits in 3 salvo's in a massa... that's broken.

[WWII]
Players
4 posts
5,068 battles

Yep After this update, My smolensk is now scrap metal ....i have to sail so close even DD's are having a blast ...not sure i want to be here anymore in more ways than one

[O-V]
Players
114 posts
8,846 battles

100% true ...Secondary's are FUBAR .....Hence i no longer play this game ...Invest in Pommern Georgia ..Only for the whole play style to be nerfed .....

I tell you what is good ...Not giving a flying F$%& about what WG do to there silly pixels in the future .....Real life is still goood even in these dark times ,,,Try it  

• Cool 4

Players
2 posts
11,708 battles

Spent years investing in sec ships. Over night all of them are  useless.  Making all the longfiring ships stronger and the sec ship scrap metal,  what an incredible bad idea. For me this game is dead

• Cool 6

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,824 battles

They released Pommern in August fully aware that is was going to be rubbish a few months later

• Cool 6

[MBHH]
Players
793 posts
Am 27.1.2021 um 04:41, NuttyNinja sagte:

Yep After this update, My smolensk is now scrap metal ....i have to sail so close even DD's are having a blast ...not sure i want to be here anymore in more ways than one

So finally you can learn how to play the game instead of Smoking up in the back and do point and click. :Smile_trollface:

I guess nobody is worried about Smolensk's decreased firing range except the owners themselves who bought the ship because it was OP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,022 battles
On 1/30/2021 at 10:10 AM, Ronchabale said:

They released Pommern in August fully aware that is was going to be rubbish a few months later

Too bad I wasn't aware at that time, I bought the Pommern for my birthday that month and also bought Tirpitz B with Black Friday (Atago B too, didn't had any of them also not the regulair version). Both are garbage now while full secondary brawling was my favorite play style. I really hope WG will fix it but until then my wallet stays closed. I used to spend 40 to 80 euro's per month on this game for already 5.5 years, so imagine what they are missing from me alone now and imagine when probably others are doing the same. I've heard a lot of people saying I won't spend money now, really hope they mean it. And then it's in EVERYONE's interest that it will be fixed, for us as customers and WG their bank account.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,824 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 4:41 AM, NuttyNinja said:

Bye Bye to the Molester is one of the few good things with this update

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
On 1/30/2021 at 10:10 AM, Ronchabale said:

Pommern is actually good in sniper build. 😂

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,022 battles
43 minutes ago, PsychoClownfish said:

Pommern is actually good in sniper build. 😂

I already have 35 other BBs like that, Georgia the best! I want my secondary builds back. At least the same as before, but should be even better since we also lost a heal and helping at the caps/tanking damage needs to be rewarded and will lose more HP than BBs sitting in the back sniping.

• Cool 3

Players
119 posts
8,117 battles

Meh, check the german secondaries. They hit rate is less then 10%. After killing their main guns, now they killed the secondaries. Now, they are just nothing just HP pool for dmg farmers....

Sickgaming...

• Cool 3

Players
464 posts
5,402 battles

yay below 10% hitrate when firing at BBs 

the idea that secondary builds are for pushing in closer where you can have them fighting off DDs while your main guns blap cruisers is a complete joke

so if your completely unable to have any use up close, what is the point of the build 

• Cool 3

[VLOOT]
Players
341 posts
21,184 battles

I had a sec. built Yama (with manual sec.), 10.6 km, it was having 2 Atlanta's glued to each side.  Any DD that got close and thought they were safe cause the turrets are slow on the Yama and thought they could get away with shooting and setting a fire or any other reason they would become visible... they had a serious problem if they were within 10.6 km.

It is SUCH a pity that they broke is, now it had deadeye and legendary and hangs in the back.. snipe snipe snipe

• Cool 1

Players
163 posts
On 2/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

I already have 35 other BBs like that, Georgia the best! I want my secondary builds back. At least the same as before, but should be even better since we also lost a heal and helping at the caps/tanking damage needs to be rewarded and will lose more HP than BBs sitting in the back sniping.

Agreed.

• Cool 4