Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Halifax

Deadeye needs to be tweaked

41 comments in this topic

Players
61 posts
18,169 battles

I think the deadeye skill for BBs should be changed slightly.  Rather than gaining a buff if ships are outside your setection range, the buff should come from having visible ships inside your detection range. It makes far more sense, the closer you are, the more accurate.

• Cool 7

[RONIN]
Players
599 posts
4,975 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

I think the deadeye skill for BBs should be changed slightly.  Rather than gaining a buff if ships are outside your setection range, the buff should come from having visible ships inside your detection range. It makes far more sense, the closer you are, the more accurate.

you are searching for logic in wargaming games...

• Funny 16

Players
61 posts
18,169 battles
20 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

you are searching for logic in wargaming games...

I just think it would make the skill more interesting instead of promoting the campy BS that has been plaguing the game for far too long when it comes to BBs.  It could also make the skill viable on other ships as well.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,404 posts
32,635 battles
2 hours ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

the deadeye skill for BBs should be changed removed

There.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[RRVK]
Players
45 posts
13,614 battles

I agree that a tweak (or removal) of Deadeye is warranted.

How about a 50% (or maybe a little bit less) nerf to reload time to compensate for the increased accuracy gained by Deadeye??

• Cool 5

[NEXT]
Players
6,068 posts
12,157 battles
17 minutes ago, ScruffyNoob said:

I agree that a tweak (or removal) of Deadeye is warranted.

How about a 50% (or maybe a little bit less) nerf to reload time to compensate for the increased accuracy gained by Deadeye??

50% reload nerf is a bit too much, but the idea is not bad. More realistic would be 5 or 10%.

But speaking of nerfs. I think they should implement a more clear system, some skills have disadvantages, other not. They should make something like all 3pt and 4pt skills have always also a disadvantage, that you are trading

• Cool 2

Players
3,942 posts
20,116 battles
4 hours ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

I agree with you. But WG introduced new CVs and smolensk into the game and they have been telling us that those ships are ok. How can you expect WG to do something logical? 

• Cool 2

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles

While I don't like the way dead eye changes the game, destroyers are a pretty direct counter to it. Sure, if you are up against a cv who knows his job it will be rough, but playing just enough ahead to keep the enemy bbs spotted will make sure those 4 points are spent on a garbage pile. 

Really, this meta change, which I'm sure will be very short lived, is about the only negative aspect of the rework. The new skills force players to make different decisions on different ships. There no longer is the one build to rule them all. 

Give it a little bit of time and people will realise that survival on a bb and actually supporting your team is winning you more games. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
809 posts
7,989 battles

How about this:

As the ship approaches B-line (or I-line, whatever), accuracy starts to drop off sharply. When the ship reaches A (or J), the crew mutinies, throws the captain overboard and turns the ship around flank speed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,743 posts
15,127 battles

simplest would to be to reduce the buff to 6%, this would yield a close to 10% increase in hit rate anyway.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
51 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

While I don't like the way dead eye changes the game, destroyers are a pretty direct counter to it. Sure, if you are up against a cv who knows his job it will be rough, but playing just enough ahead to keep the enemy bbs spotted will make sure those 4 points are spent on a garbage pile. 

It only works if the DD is spotted himself - the BB can be spotted aslong as the ship spotting him is not spotted. Vice versa if the BB is unspotted, but there is a spotted ship within his detection range, then the skill still works.

So the best way to [edited]this skill is open water gunboat DDs, which obviously want to be spotted.

Its funny how the new Cruiser and DD skills basicly have tradeoffs, but our beloved BBabies get best skill 4 free without disadvantages :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,058 battles
53 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

To negate the Deadeye your DD would have to be spotted. It does not matterf the BB with Deadeye is spotted or not.

• Cool 2

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,058 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Its funny how the new Cruiser and DD skills basicly have tradeoffs, but our beloved BBabies get best skill 4 free without disadvantages :Smile_child:

Technicaly there is a "disadvantage" in that thaking Deadeye prevents you to take all three four-point survivability skills (SI, CE, FP), but I agree that Deadeye should be reworked into something meaningful.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,866 posts
6,468 battles
4 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

Technicaly there is a "disadvantage" in that thaking Deadeye prevents you to take all three four-point survivability skills (SI, CE, FP), but I agree that Deadeye should be reworked into something meaningful.

Also is a waste of points if anyone is spotted inside your detection range to be fair..

• Cool 1

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
12 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

It only works if the DD is spotted himself - the BB can be spotted aslong as the ship spotting him is not spotted. Vice versa if the BB is unspotted, but there is a spotted ship within his detection range, then the skill still works.

So the best way to [edited]this skill is open water gunboat DDs, which obviously want to be spotted.

Okay, thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding. Then the skill is quite busted indeed. 

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Yamashiro42 said:

But the others have the same choices basicly. For a DD you cant take RPF/CE + one of the new ones, because you most likely want other stuff too. So its the same choice + the build-in disadvantage ontop.

Cruisers have less choice anyway, but outnumbered is pure garbage, Top Grade Gunner is kinda situational and tbh works best on midtier Cruisers, Heavy AP shells also garbage and Heavy HE/SAP shells come with a severe disadvantage.

Players
6,593 posts

IMO my aim became even worse when trying out Dead Eye, as if I had an added element of RNG there. Possibly, my aim is usually so off that I don't benefit from the improved dispersion (though I usually seem to benefit from the Aim Mod equipment buff...). Possibly, too, the combined effect of Desync and Dead Eye makes the dispersion haphazard. :cap_look:

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,721 posts
11,786 battles

I think Deadeye is a weak skill. Should be buffed!

I mean there are still cruisers surviving the first 10 minutes of the game, so yeah. Buff it!!!!

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Players
6,593 posts
3 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I think Deadeye is a weak skill. Should be buffed!

I mean there are still cruisers surviving the first 10 minutes of the game, so yeah. Buff it!!!!

Not when I'm playing a cruiser there isn't.... :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,866 posts
6,468 battles
26 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

IMO my aim became even worse when trying out Dead Eye, as if I had an added element of RNG there. Possibly, my aim is usually so off that I don't benefit from the improved dispersion (though I usually seem to benefit from the Aim Mod equipment buff...). Possibly, too, the combined effect of Desync and Dead Eye makes the dispersion haphazard. :cap_look:

Maybe close quarters combat is more your thing seeing as it increases the rate of fire..as long as someone is in your secondary battery range.

• Cool 1

Players
6,593 posts
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Maybe close quarters expert is more your thing seeing as it increases the rate of fire..as long as someone is in your secondary battery range.

Hmm.... I think I have experimented with that, most secondary ranges are too short for comfort in my case though. Normally I tend to keep my distance because I usually end up in trouble otherwise... don't like getting rammed by BB's either.

Have I mentioned that I hate those rocks? They block my LoS....

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,866 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Hmm.... I think I have experimented with that, most secondary ranges are too short for comfort in my case though. Normally I tend to keep my distance because I usually end up in trouble otherwise... don't like getting rammed by BB's either.

Have I mentioned that I hate those rocks? They block my LoS....

Here's a crazy thought, pair that with long range secondary shells, even on BB's that you wouldn't rely on secondaries on. Because that extra 20% secondary range is a extra km or two of area covered by cqc.

May just try it out myself tbh..

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,154 posts
9,101 battles

Here's my take on the Skill.

The Commander:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fc788facf4c463bda89d9b22b9a3efaf.png

Map positioning:

Spoiler

Spawn and start camping...

image.png.da3e0053fff4e6ff00af0128c5f78040.png

Wait for your entire flak to collapse on its own and watch as you can do nothing about it as your horribly out of position...

Get forced to actually move to a cap...

image.png.753c4951e0016d9728a16b33335eac7a.png

Yeah this stat is either RNG or just broken....

image.png.e62e7dad6e97b00ce259b0813a8450bc.png

Battle performance:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7261e897f7e9aff5ecdc10663374a1d5.png

image.thumb.png.2c47f3f51b092f8d761426e47cd813a8.png

image.thumb.png.d82d4dbb4ab84d3a7975f1408b4d2da2.pngimage.thumb.png.f02d51d7d991a8142b3e3191b6b221af.png

Personal opinion:

While playing the game i couldn't help but notice how bored out of my mind i was playing from 20+ really is. Not to mention how stupidly out of position i was up until the last quarter of the game until the enemy just decided to ignore me and push for mid.

During my long range engagements i barely noticed the skill and made me question, multiple times during the game: "Why do i do this to my self and other people around me."

I don't consider this skill worth investing 4 points into. At least not on the Shikishima. I think its trash and should be avoided at all cost. 

You give up utility, damage and your personal dignity. Not to mention how the skill forces you in a position where you cannot influence the game or hold caps in any meaningful way.

I will be sticking with my proven and test and actually enjoyable Tank/Secondary Shiki build.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f788442ef54b8b489d645e450dc7846.png

Also here's the replay file if anyone want to see this trash game:

20210124_110127_PJSB510-Shikishima_38_Canada.wowsreplay

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this