Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Arivael

Deadeye trigger conditions

15 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts

So a couple questions here about how deadeye is meant to be triggering as without some indicator of if its active I have to go by observation and right now its either monumentally bad RNG or deadeye only triggers if there is an enemy ship within the detectability range but cannot be detected, if there are no enemy ships within that range at all then as far as I can tell its not going active.

Additionally as far as I can tell, it is staying active from some people after all the ships within their detectability range are detected, example I last had was only ship within 25km of the enemy being a DD and while it was smoked up deadeye appeared to be active, again based on observed shell dispersion and yet when the smoke ran out and the DD kept firing (so therefore must still have been detected), there was no noticeable increase in the dispersion of the shells.

So could I get some clarity on if no enemy ships within the detectability range should mean deadeye is active and is there a delay in it deactivating or is it just bugged as hell in addition to being a fundamentally broken skill.

[-MMI-]
Players
14 posts
27,798 battles

Yes please, give bb players an indicator that say they must camp more edge map to snipe well to activate this camping skill! 

2 days i played and i find bbs camping more than before. Probably all deadeyeing.

Players
3 posts
1 hour ago, avin91 said:

Yes please, give bb players an indicator that say they must camp more edge map to snipe well to activate this camping skill! 

2 days i played and i find bbs camping more than before. Probably all deadeyeing.

Any particular reason you are just spouting your complaints and not addressing anything that was asked at all, no where is an indicator being asked for, its being asked if the skill is meant to be triggering when they are no enemy ships in range and if the observations its not are just down to RNG or a bug.

• Bad 1

[0KILL]
Players
124 posts
On 1/23/2021 at 11:28 PM, Arivael said:

So could I get some clarity on if no enemy ships within the detectability range should mean deadeye is active and is there a delay in it deactivating or is it just bugged as hell in addition to being a fundamentally broken skill.

I had the same question and talking with my clan mates I understood that as long as you are undetected and the enemy ship in in your spotting range the dead eye skill triggers, if you are detected it does not trigger. 

So, let's say that you are in a BB with 20km spotting range and the enemy is spotted, if you shoot the dead eye is working, but after that you need to become undetected again to use it again.

I think it is how this skill works. If I am mistaken I would he happy to be explained by anyone! :) 

I would like to have a sign that says when a skill is triggered or not, but it is true that the BBs will be camping even more that now and this would become extremely boring and annoying. I would say that maybe a better and a more intuitive explanation would do!

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 3:23 AM, Arivael said:

Any particular reason you are just spouting your complaints and not addressing anything that was asked at all,

Thats  a normal day on the forum, apologies, but the DE skill is really hated by those who care about a veneer of balance in the game

As to your question if and how it can be changed: WG has got the message as to how hated DE is, and will probably not make it even easier to "BB snipe". They could ignore the current uproar about DEye and keep  it as it is, but I would be extremely suprised if they made it even stronger/ fvck over cruisers even harder. 

• Cool 3

Players
3 posts
8 hours ago, AkerJack said:

I had the same question and talking with my clan mates I understood that as long as you are undetected and the enemy ship in in your spotting range the dead eye skill triggers, if you are detected it does not trigger. 

So, let's say that you are in a BB with 20km spotting range and the enemy is spotted, if you shoot the dead eye is working, but after that you need to become undetected again to use it again.

I think it is how this skill works. If I am mistaken I would he happy to be explained by anyone! :) 

I would like to have a sign that says when a skill is triggered or not, but it is true that the BBs will be camping even more that now and this would become extremely boring and annoying. I would say that maybe a better and a more intuitive explanation would do!

Having done some further testing, as far as I can tell Deadeye should be active under the following conditions:

A. There are no enemy ships within your detection radius

B. Any enemy ships within that radius are undetected 

However as far as I can tell it appears to be bugged in that if you have the guns loaded and a ship is detected within the detection radius, Deadeye should turn off but it looks like you get a window to fire with it still on, additionally it doesn't seem to be working with Hood and Vanguard if you fire half salvos (4 guns rather than 8) but those have always had issues.

Players
78 posts
13 hours ago, Arivael said:

Having done some further testing, as far as I can tell Deadeye should be active under the following conditions:

A. There are no enemy ships within your detection radius

B. Any enemy ships within that radius are undetected  

However as far as I can tell it appears to be bugged in that if you have the guns loaded and a ship is detected within the detection radius, Deadeye should turn off but it looks like you get a window to fire with it still on, additionally it doesn't seem to be working with Hood and Vanguard if you fire half salvos (4 guns rather than 8) but those have always had issues.

The corollary of the skill mechanics of Dead Eye is to DISABLE your enemies Dead Eye by being (unseen) within the enemy BB hard-detect range.

Easilly done for DD's...

To defeat BBs that wish to leverage Dead Eye, it follows that when all the enemy BBs group up (which is what BBs typically do) ...get a DD in to Hard Detect range and it'll be a Turkey Shoot for friendly BB's.

...well, before their DDs do the SAME to YOUR BBs'

[VIBES]
Players
921 posts
20,263 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, Arivael said:

without some indicator of if its active I have to go by observation and right now its either monumentally bad RNG...

On 1/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, Arivael said:

deadeye appeared to be active, again based on observed shell dispersion

Are you sure you can tell a Dead Eye salvo from a regular one just by looking at the dispersion?

When the bonus is so small (it does bear marginally greater results, but 10% is still not a very big increase...), are you sure it's not just some confirmation bias, i.e. you attribute the good salvoes to Dead Eye, but the bad ones to bad aim or enemy maneuvering...?

I think one would have to compare many salvoes from about the same distance, and actually count the hit ribbons.

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
13 hours ago, Veilingmeat said:

The corollary of the skill mechanics of Dead Eye is to DISABLE your enemies Dead Eye by being (unseen) within the enemy BB hard-detect range.

Easilly done for DD's...

To defeat BBs that wish to leverage Dead Eye, it follows that when all the enemy BBs group up (which is what BBs typically do) ...get a DD in to Hard Detect range and it'll be a Turkey Shoot for friendly BB's.

...well, before their DDs do the SAME to YOUR BBs'

I get the idea but it puts more pressure/roles on dd's who already get pingspammed everywhere to cap, spot, decap, contest cap, find enemy dd's..., avoid enemy planes/radar then rush back to doing the above.

• Cool 2

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,036 battles

Program Dead Eye by making it more accurate the closer you are to a target you fire at. Like no extra accuracy at 20 km and further away, 1% better accuracy at 19 km, 2% at 18 km, 3% at 17 km, 4% at 16 km, 5% at 15 km and so on. Meaning having the max 10% better accuracy benefit at 10 km and closer from the target.

Honestly I don't think BBs should be more accurate as before the patch because they were already the strongest class imo, BUT this can also but a good thing if it's implemented as above because then you give BBs actually a reason and incentive to play more at the frontline and at supporting at the caps. Something the game really needed for already a long time.

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
On 1/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

Program Dead Eye by making it more accurate the closer you are to a target you fire at

Thats is what Dispersion is d00d!

Dispersion is a function of Range from Target!

The variable of dispersion (exactly how much scatter in yer rounds as the fall on target) is simply a calculation that Wargaming have determined offers the 'fairest chllange to difficulty' in the game.

What DEAD EYE does is to allow a player to add a base -10% to the current rate of dispersion when certain conditions have been met.
In the case of DEAD EYE when you are beyond hard detect range of any enemy vessels the effect activates.

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,036 battles
8 hours ago, Veilingmeat said:

Thats is what Dispersion is d00d!

Dispersion is a function of Range from Target!

The variable of dispersion (exactly how much scatter in yer rounds as the fall on target) is simply a calculation that Wargaming have determined offers the 'fairest chllange to difficulty' in the game.

What DEAD EYE does is to allow a player to add a base -10% to the current rate of dispersion when certain conditions have been met.
In the case of DEAD EYE when you are beyond hard detect range of any enemy vessels the effect activates.

it's not even 10% like WG said but more, don't know why but it's OP as hell. And my heavy cruisers like Witchita that were fun are absolutely trash now. Slow, sluggish, long reload and 15.8 km range with BBs hitting almost all shells now. Before that maybe a few shells hit when I angle right or sail straight but now, double the shells hit and you are deleted quick when playing heavy cruisers. And even while it's a Premium ship it doesn't have any heal compared to 4 or 5 on the Prinz Eugen. Cruisers and secondary brawling BBs are nerfed and no fun with this rework. Especially the heavy ones because with many light ones you can still shoot over islands or have smoke for example. And check this screenshot, says enough about Dead Eye. No wonder all BBs play from 20 to 23 km from the targets, you hit easy, won't get in trouble yourself much and the game rewards damage farming too much any way so why help at caps. If you play BBs and you don't play anywhere near a cap but get 100K damage or more you still end up first place.  Dead Eye really needs to work like get more accuracy the closer you are to a target, so BBs will play closer to the caps and support too. So on top of dispersion another extra accuracy.

image.thumb.png.75035622b2b0061151649b2357c4d409.png

Players
78 posts
On 2/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, Mrs_Ragdoll said:

it's not even 10% like WG said but more, don't know why but it's OP as hell. And my heavy cruisers like Witchita that were fun are absolutely trash now. Slow, sluggish, long reload and 15.8 km range with BBs hitting almost all shells now. Before that maybe a few shells hit when I angle right or sail straight but now, double the shells hit and you are deleted quick when playing heavy cruisers. And even while it's a Premium ship it doesn't have any heal compared to 4 or 5 on the Prinz Eugen. Cruisers and secondary brawling BBs are nerfed and no fun with this rework. Especially the heavy ones because with many light ones you can still shoot over islands or have smoke for example. And check this screenshot, says enough about Dead Eye. No wonder all BBs play from 20 to 23 km from the targets, you hit easy, won't get in trouble yourself much and the game rewards damage farming too much any way so why help at caps. If you play BBs and you don't play anywhere near a cap but get 100K damage or more you still end up first place.  Dead Eye really needs to work like get more accuracy the closer you are to a target, so BBs will play closer to the caps and support too. So on top of dispersion another extra accuracy.

image.thumb.png.75035622b2b0061151649b2357c4d409.png

d00d... the tool tip says -10%..

Theres a lot of long words in there, I'm naught but a humble Pirate...

Look, no offence man, I respect you... but I really dont get why you phuckers are so aye-nal.
The stats change is less imortant ...as to the reason they (WG) want/need to change the way we all play the game in general.

DEAD EYE is simply a response to players not pushing caps or getting aggressive but hanging back and trying to last each battle as long as possible.

The want to inject energy in to their game...

DEAD EYE seeks to punish passive gameplay and reward agressive players who want to control the tempo of combat... thats all!
You can all short stroke the statistical mechanics of % till you are blue in the face but in the final analysis
if you do not move and DOMINATE the map in Domination games you will be DOMINATED.

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,036 battles

does the imagine of little white mouse looks like 10% to you? it doesn't matter what WG writes, the test indicates a much much more accurate buff with the skill enabled.