Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Grinding for ELITE CMD XP

37 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Dear WG,

Since you raised the bar so high, we are going to need some help. Yea I know ... I'm being an optimist right? Keep reading :)

My port is fairly small and yet I need to lift around 15-20 commanders from 19 pts to 21. That is like 24 millions elite cmd xp.

Considering I am currently running standard account and due to real life obligations (I play on average couple of games per day) its gonna take YEARS (I MEAN YEAAAAAARS) to level them up.

My goal in this game was to maximize my fleet ... and I was on a very good way to do so. Having 30+ T10 ships I was more than half way trough with my commanders leveling.

Now I am literally back at beginning (xp wise). I have to grind 1.2 million XP on each captain. Thats more than 19 pts combined.

Please give  players access (event, crates, daily missions,  ANYTHING accessible via playtime) to farm CMD XP signals / cmd xp special signals / CMD XP camos. 

There has not been an event for ages that would allow players to stock up on some of those... AND I DONT MEAN YOU SELL THEM FOR MONEY / COAL / RESEARCH POINTS or BULLSHITIUM.

I would like to see plain unlayered event giving some boosters, so that we would have a chance of leveling up the commanders somewhat comfortably.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,488 posts

I have 14 level 19 Captains and about 30 Captains between 14-17... CMD acquisition is going to be fun.. :Smile_sceptic:

All I have done is selected my Premium Lines and I am focussing on a single Captain from each nation to pilot them...

So one German Captain pilots my Premium KM ships and so on with each other nationalities... that way a single Captain will accrue XP from multiple ships.

I will not use many of the Silver Line at all and until things improve they can gather dust for all the concern I have.

• Cool 3

[2PTS]
Players
233 posts
9,495 battles

Don't expect anything from WeeGreedy, except more ways to monetize and build more paywalls.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
225 posts

The first easy daily mission give you 1.000 elite commander XP, I believe. You can also get 5% in your battles.

So, don't waste precious elite commander xp for promoting 19pt commanders to 21pt commanders, if you don't need the 2 extra points in your build.

• Cool 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

i usually don't bother with ranked, but i flagged up the harekaze and played a few, was getting around 35k up to this one for a dozen battles...

9uXAsmI.jpg

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
18 minutes ago, Salentine said:

i usually don't bother with ranked, but i flagged up the harekaze and played a few, was getting around 35k up to this one for a dozen battles...

9uXAsmI.jpg

Once the flags run out ... enjoy.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,977 posts
15,475 battles
40 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

raised the bar so high

I think the issue that you allude to demonstrates that WG's claim that the captain rework promotes diversity is extremely disingenuous (if you're feeling charitable, and a flat-out lie if you aren't); permit me to explain:

• The cost of a 21 pointer is prohibitive to all but the most dedicated player (or extreme whale), without a major adjustment to the economy; this goes double for multiple 21 pointers.
  • The first consequence of this is that most captains out there will not be maxed out, so they'll most commonly be operating in the 10-19 point range; with the increase in cost of core skills, that means a likelihood of fewer skills per captain in general.
  • A second consequence is that far fewer players will have plenty of ecxp, and certainly not enough to easily generate captains beyond 19 points, so having multiple captains per ship is less practical (so fewer people will have both a 'tank' and a 'manly' captain for secondary BBs, for example).
  • A third consequence is that it is now a good idea to have a more 'general' build (for all classes where you have premiums) on your best captains, as you need them to work acceptably on all your premiums, rather than work well on just one or two ships.

All of that means that, in practice, there will be fewer different builds in use, *and* captains will - in general - tend to have fewer skills than before.

• Cool 5

[-WHO-]
Players
132 posts
10,808 battles

YOU FORGET THAT ONCE YOU REACH 20/21 POINTS YOU HAVE AN EXTRA POINT AND YOU NEED TO REDSTIRBUTE AND WILL COST YOU MORE YEARS OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

• Cool 2

[NEXT]
Players
6,213 posts
12,222 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Dear WG,

Since you raised the bar so high, we are going to need some help. Yea I know ... I'm being an optimist right? Keep reading :)

My port is fairly small and yet I need to lift around 15-20 commanders from 19 pts to 21. That is like 24 millions elite cmd xp.

Considering I am currently running standard account and due to real life obligations (I play on average couple of games per day) its gonna take YEARS (I MEAN YEAAAAAARS) to level them up.

My goal in this game was to maximize my fleet ... and I was on a very good way to do so. Having 30+ T10 ships I was more than half way trough with my commanders leveling.

Now I am literally back at beginning (xp wise). I have to grind 1.2 million XP on each captain. Thats more than 19 pts combined.

Please give  players access (event, crates, daily missions,  ANYTHING accessible via playtime) to farm CMD XP signals / cmd xp special signals / CMD XP camos. 

There has not been an event for ages that would allow players to stock up on some of those... AND I DONT MEAN YOU SELL THEM FOR MONEY / COAL / RESEARCH POINTS or BULLSHITIUM.

I would like to see plain unlayered event giving some boosters, so that we would have a chance of leveling up the commanders somewhat comfortably.

How many different nations do you play?

For one nation mostly ~2 captains can cover almost all ships. Only switching between silver ships will cause the retraining, but better than reskill I assume

Players
852 posts
8,060 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Once the flags run out ... enjoy.

Once flags run out, visit glorious premium store, comrade. Many great flags there.

[NEXT]
Players
6,213 posts
12,222 battles
5 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Once flags run out, visit glorious premium store, comrade. Many great flags there.

You can buy signal flags with coal, never bought signal flags from the prem shop

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

A lot of people have T10s they never play, they just grinded them for the annual super and santa containers. These T10s should have 16-17pt captains in them. Salvage those for half a million FXP per captain, ship does not need a 17pt captain for playing it once a year. Also flags are not a finite thing, you get more as you go. Maybe make your fleet even smaller? Couple ideas. Did you salvage all your junk and reserve captains?

• Bad 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
10 hours ago, PaP_Mentoles said:

Don't expect anything from WeeGreedy, except more ways to monetize and build more paywalls.

We used to get loads of stuff for free, some vocal individuals complained that we are getting 2 much free stuff and its ruining the game, now we get squat and they mostly moved on to other games... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

A lot of people have T10s they never play, they just grinded them for the annual super and santa containers. These T10s should have 16-17pt captains in them. Salvage those for half a million FXP per captain, ship does not need a 17pt captain for playing it once a year. Also flags are not a finite thing, you get more as you go. Maybe make your fleet even smaller? Couple ideas. Did you salvage all your junk and reserve captains?

I was dismissing all < 10 pointers on the fly. Who would have known that WG will someday make use of this, right? How unfortunate! :D

By the way ... allmost all my silver captains had 19 pts. Dismissing a 17 poiters on a silver T10 ship (even if you play her once per year) is stupid.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 hour ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

That's what I ment.

Special flags used to be regular reward in gift containers .... you could stock up some in december. Not anymore...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
2 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

How many different nations do you play?

For one nation mostly ~2 captains can cover almost all ships. Only switching between silver ships will cause the retraining, but better than reskill I assume

I have all silver T10 ships but three (plus bunch of premiums). Each one has dedicated captain, 3/4 have 19 pts, rest have from 15-21 (the ones that I mostly play once per year).

Some of the premiums have dedicated captains because of different build (like Anshan or Leningrad for turret traverse perk), I kept only a handful < T10 silver ships (like St.Louis, Clemson, Fiji) that also have dedicated captains with around 15-21 pts.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
12 hours ago, nambr9 said:

"We heard your feedback captains, and we are proud to announce you can now buy all signals in the armory with our new resource "signalium" - which you can obtain in the premium store"

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 6

[WTFNO]
Players
689 posts
12,237 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

"We heard your feedback captains, and we are proud to announce you can now buy all signals in the armory with our new resource "signalium" - which you can obtain in the premium store"

:cap_haloween:

It will be called 'cloth'

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Step 1: WG moves the grinding goalposts on us to siphon in more money.

Step 2: OP asks for a free way to grind elite xp to help us out.

Step 3, at WG:

tenor.gif.ee87266dc39c0cab7227e2c1782c4a93.gif

I mean, letting us catch up for free would defeat the purpose, which is always the same with WG.

• Cool 1

[MBHH]
Players
801 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, nambr9 sagte:

Some of the premiums have dedicated captains because of different build (like Anshan or Leningrad for turret traverse perk),...

So these captains you do not need anymore.

Weekend Tester
870 posts
10,277 battles

BTW WG, I'd like a refund for the Pi cammos I bought for captain XP grinding - now that you've killed off the 19 point captain earnings.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
7 minutes ago, Trench4nt said:

So these captains you do not need anymore.

You think I willl dismiss Overckin on Leningrad? You do that.

Or on Yueyang I dont need traverse.... but I do on Anshan. Explain.

[MBHH]
Players
801 posts
Vor 59 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

You think I willl dismiss Overckin on Leningrad? You do that.

Or on Yueyang I dont need traverse.... but I do on Anshan. Explain.

I guess you also have BBs/Cruisers? Then just use Ovechkin for your silver BBs/Cruisers and on Leningrad. And your normal Silver DD Captain for Yueyang and Anshan.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,813 posts
47,532 battles

Personally I have as a start get rid of lower than 10 p captains that are in navies that has at least a few 10p i.e. I keep a 6 p EU/Italian captain esp. the latter as I expect to need some in the ITA BB line and further lines.

I also keep Anime/fantasy/Santa Claus/Jingles and similar even if they mostly are lower in points. As I have a decent number unused 10p on the major navies from Christmas crates and on IJN/US from discarded CVs I have enough for future lines.

But the number of 0-6 p from various events that I was able to get rid of were 40-50.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
20 minutes ago, Trench4nt said:

I guess you also have BBs/Cruisers? Then just use Ovechkin for your silver BBs/Cruisers and on Leningrad. And your normal Silver DD Captain for Yueyang and Anshan.

Thnx for such wonderful suggestions. Not.

Sign in to follow this