Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Best new skills for Izumo?

17 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
784 posts
4,907 battles

I have a 9pt captain currently in this ship.

Question is; what do you think is the optimal build for her? I'm looking for something different, other than the standard survivability build. Something to beef up her firepower etc.

Any ideas?

• Boring 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
10 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

I have a 9pt captain currently in this ship.

Question is; what do you think is the optimal build for her? I'm looking for something different, other than the standard survivability build. Something to beef up her firepower etc.

Any ideas?

Yes, you should not have played a tier 9 ship with a tier 9 captain even before this shitty rework, which comes after another shitty rework, when 19 points captain was max. You needed a 10-14 points captain for high tier ships, so you could have at least CE and SI, if possible with BoS or FP. 

Carry your best captains to your high tiers, in low tiers you can manage with a poor skilled captain. 

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
784 posts
4,907 battles
8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Yes, you should not have played a tier 9 ship with a tier 9 captain even before this shitty rework, which comes after another shitty rework, when 19 points captain was max. You needed a 10-14 points captain for high tier ships, so you could have at least CE and SI, if possible with BoS or FP. 

Carry your best captains to your high tiers, in low tiers you can manage with a poor skilled captain. 

Well, thanks for stating the obvious. I have plenty of high-tier ships which I play regularly, so am aware of this.

Unfortunately, that's the way it played out, since my higher-tiered Japanese captains are in other ships.

Any worthwhile suggestions?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
2 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

Yes, play your bow-on BB without CE and FP, and make all those Thunderor players happy. 

Blessed is the team that gets you! 

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
784 posts
4,907 battles
20 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Yes, play your bow-on BB without CE and FP, and make all those Thunderor players happy. 

Blessed is the team that gets you! 

Wilber Report | The Disorder Of Things

Now, anyone else going to offer any ideas?

[RODS]
Players
1,821 posts
7,824 battles

Dunno, 9p captain is nowhere near what u need for that tier, I would say at least 14p 

Concealment  and Fire Prevention (or maybe Emergency Repair Expert instead of FP) 

The "ERE" skill that gives u extra heal is nice too but that is an extra 4p (18p)

If u want to use the 4p "Deadeye" skill u need to give up one of these 

With 9p go for this if u want to have some laughs load HE and with IFHE skill the pen will be 85mm, shoot cruisers and DD:S and upper part of BB:s

shot-21_01.23_19_57.05-0280.thumb.jpg.58d0a4a707117efb1d52808662a5c9ee.jpg

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
784 posts
4,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Dunno, 9p captain is nowhere near what u need for that tier, I would say at least 14p 

Concealment  and Fire Prevention (or maybe Emergency Repair Expert instead of FP) 

The "ERE" skill that gives u extra heal is nice too but that is an extra 4p (18p)

With 9p go for this if u want to have some laughs load HE and with IFHE skill the pen will be 85mm, shoot cruisers and DD:S and upper part of BB:s

That's what I'm talking about. I know 9pt is pretty poor, but he's the only choice I have for this ship.

Thanks for your suggestion!

• Cool 1

Players
4,692 posts
7,604 battles
13 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

9 points is not exactly a lot to play with, it's less than I think most of us would run at T5, still:

• expert loader is the obvious choice anyway and helps with firepower;
  • grease up your gear at T2 is the obvious attack skill;
  • adrenaline rush at T3 takes you to 6 points;
  • save your last 3 points and get advanced camping sniper expert at T4 for a basic 10 point build.
  • Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,821 posts
7,824 battles
4 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

That's what I'm talking about. I know 9pt is pretty poor, but he's the only choice I have for this ship.

I played an IFHE Fuso yesterday, some good laughs in that game

17p captain tho

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

If it wasnt Izumo, id say take a memebuild, go maxrange secondaries and use CQC for improved mainbattery reload (obviously needs a 10pt captain). You would get like 24~ sec reload when a ship is spotted within your secondary range. With AR (needs 3 more points) you would go even lower depending on your HP, but with halfhealth you are like down to 22 sec :cap_haloween:

Apart from camping Thunderers, this might be fun, but Izumo really isnt suited for that, because IJN BBs have worse dispersion closerange than other BBs... a russian BB on the other hand... :cap_yes:

7 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

I think it only makes a difference for Smolensk Citadel (70mm) and FDG deck (80mm), otherwise 68mm is already enough, or 85 isnt anyway.

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,329 battles
6 hours ago, LiveWire___ said:

Is this picture you, OP?  We do say 'don't play a tier 9 ship with just a 9 pt skill Cpt (that is, essentially, being an 'insane potato')'. Also, I suggest you immediately retrain a higher pt Ijn Cpt to your Izumo (like a 14 pter as a min).

• Cool 1

Players
703 posts
28,488 battles

Once your Captain gets 10 Points you should go for Concealment Expert as your first 4 Point Skill.

This gives you more Freedom to engage or disengage from a Fight.

[K117]
[K117]
Players
71 posts

As I am playing coop, I have more liberty to play with builds which would get me killed in PvP. I have few ships, mediocre commanders and even lack funds for some upgrades, but I found this preliminary Izumo build to be entertaining and effective within my comfort zone. 2ndary upgrade and 2ndary range skill to lower main battery reload in addition to the reload upgrade within 10.1 km down to 23.8 sec, even before the Adrenaline Rush surrogate comes into play. :Smile_veryhappy:

shot-21.01.24_09.13.04-0886.jpg

shot-21.01.24_09.13.13-0306.jpg

shot-21.01.24_09.20.58-0179.jpg

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,513 battles
15 hours ago, LiveWire___ said:

Yes but play in coop until you get the elite XP/grind the captain XP needed for 10 so you get a 4P skill like CE or FP.

When I have ran out of 10 pointers I do this previously or have used up elite XP. It is not many games.

I personally in normal time do not respecc cpt for every point but plan ahead but this is because I do not care for every step optimal build but roughly optimal path and stick to that.

I do not want to waste doubloons on resetting skills even though now during this patch you can do it.

[TORAZ]
Players
401 posts
19,636 battles
17 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

What am i looking at?

[RODS]
Players
1,821 posts
7,824 battles
16 minutes ago, Captaindanz said:

What am i looking at?

What would u do with an Izumo, a 9p captain and no premium account ?

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
18 hours ago, LiveWire___ said:

Well, thanks for stating the obvious. I have plenty of high-tier ships which I play regularly, so am aware of this.

Unfortunately, that's the way it played out, since my higher-tiered Japanese captains are in other ships.

Level up 3 more points with elite xp.

Take feeder or pm (none is really important for ijn bb... since I use yamamoto im using pm... ppl tend to shoot your turrets when you are bow in, while you can still blap any dd with ap), gun traverse, priority target, adrenaline and dead eye. If you feel spammed when retreating take CE instead. Your next goal should be ce or dead eye, depending what you take as 12 pts base...

Alternatively, you could get away with 10 pts by not using PT... but id hate to play without.

Perfect example how base builds got worse (more expensive).

Sign in to follow this