You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drayx11

Reward for singing up with phone number

20 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
267 battles

Seems like https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/get_prizes_via_sms/ does not work anymore, contacted support - no help. 
Long story short: one day in the wg game center (launcher) i get a pop-up notification of something like "link phone get doubloons +" followed the hyperlink and there it explained that you get big boxes, some premium time and 500 doubloons
Availible until the 25th of january. Thats if you add a verified phone number to your wg account.
Now queue in what went wrong. Note that this is a very special case that may in the first general terms with a problem others may be experiencing:
I used to have a WG account. (Lost possesion of the original mail and account got deactivated due to inactivity? Either way not reachable and not banned!) - wich i didnt let me add my personal phone number to this one im posting from. Long story short , customer support was able to remove it from there wich resulted in my adding it to my current account.  Now with the rewards: because i didnt want to miss out, and due to the circumstances of keeping eligibility (older account didnt benefit from this sort of promotion) + that im a WoT player and i just recently picked up WoWS (even tough i tried it for like 20 battles back in 2016) made me stingy in pumping more money for basic necesities aquired with gold/doubloons. Yes i would like those crates, doubloons and premium time to help me start this freemium game. 
Questions: what can be done? has the promo expired before the announced date? 
Thanks for coming to my TED talk and have a nice day. 

[SNAP]
Players
4 posts
14,187 battles

Hey,

Just got answer from them. Go to subscription management (on your account management page), and check the last option saying "I want to receive targeted messages from Wargaming.net via SMS ? and messengers to the phone number associated with this account." and that's it :) There will be rewards in the future as well.

Players
5 posts
267 battles

Thanks for responding!
I have already did this process. Sadly it seems that as long as that link i provided above will not work (funny enough, big coincidencce that it doesnt work shortly after the prompt in the game center to add the phone number) no rewards will bi given :(
Would of been a sweet ship slot while im grinding all the tech tree lines. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,055 battles

If you re lucky, you ll get a Makarov.

• Funny 3

Players
2,244 posts
9,140 battles

I don’t want to give them my phone number for a few euros.

• Cool 6

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,055 battles
5 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I don’t want to give them my phone number for a few euros.

WG rewards are known for being special...,😂😂😂

• Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
16 minutes ago, Belustigungspanda said:

So i just received 1 WG container and 3 random containers, but no doubloons as promised...Anyone else having this issue?

You have to sing in your phone or no doubloons. Make sure your dancing is up to par as well.

• Funny 2

[BABBY]
Players
798 posts
11,605 battles
On 24.01.2021 at 10:28 PM, 22cm said:

If you re lucky, you ll get a Makarov.

A 9x18mm Makarov, maybe

Players
5 posts
267 battles

You guys are so useful in derailing the topic. If you have nothing to add to this converstation just abstain from posting.
As for @Belustigungspanda same, just got that aswell as a day of prem wich in no way makes it equal to what they advertised (at least in my opinion). 
Problem i have is that they cant keep up the promise - IF anyone has a screenshot of the original promo of 500 doubloons + the other things please post it here. 

• Bad 1

[SERBS]
Players
570 posts
17,585 battles

yes interesting, i got a new phone on new year , and started syncing everything mail, face, tube, insta, forum ,wg ,whatnot ..., then few days ago out of blue i got this message and containers.

wg container + 3 random containers. few flags and camo as usual,  but no dubs.

Players
867 posts
12,643 battles
8 hours ago, Drayx11 said:

As for @Belustigungspanda same, just got that aswell as a day of prem wich in no way makes it equal to what they advertised (at least in my opinion). 
Problem i have is that they cant keep up the promise - IF anyone has a screenshot of the original promo of 500 doubloons + the other things please post it here. 

It was an ingame popup for me, specifically mentioning doubloons and premium time. It would be really kind if some WG staff could look into this and give us some feedback.

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles

yep, crates but no dubs.

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
267 battles
22 minutes ago, Belustigungspanda said:

It was an ingame popup

For me it was a wg games launcher pop-up if i remember correctly.
Support over ticket said to provide proof of said promo. How can i provide proof of promo if:
1.Pop-up already appeared, not going to appear again after the sign-up.

2. Promo expired as i remember the 25th of january as deadline..?

3. Quoting from what was implied from the agent(s): "We have no access to promo/ aka we are too lazy to search it up in the database, YOU the customer provide us the proof-advertised promo".
And yes ill be this petty about this small amount of dubloons because it means that i wont have to ever spend money in wows because ill have enough port slots/dismount equip laaaater on/ maybe get a low tier prem with future events.

Players
867 posts
12,643 battles
54 minutes ago, Drayx11 said:

And yes ill be this petty about this small amount of dubloons because it means that i wont have to ever spend money in wows because ill have enough port slots/dismount equip laaaater on/ maybe get a low tier prem with future events.

Well...we all can just disable the phone contact again if it turns out this way. Sadly, i didn't take a screenshot of the popup information window. But believe me, i wouldn't have bothered to link up the account if there hadn't been doubloons advertised for...

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

500 doubloons is an inefficient way of getting phone numbers anyway. They should just post a phone number, lie, say it's Dasha's, everyone would text that number. Hell I even texted this number knowing it's fake because I just made it up.

Dasha.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,324 battles

Why would anyone want to give WG their phone number & then  get inundated with WG advertising? & for what? WG peanuts? I guess WG has identified their target sucker audience.

I see more than enough advertising when I log in to play. I don't need to see more. :cap_rambo:

Players
5 posts
267 battles

For the last god damn time dont compare your phobia of ads with the topic i posted. instead of hUrR dUr bUt y WoUlD yOu gIvE pHoNeNuMbEr tO wG - let me just paint you a picture. by trade i need to have 2 phones on me with active lines. a smartphone for general, personal use, and a old and sturdy nokia 1000somethin for calls regarding work stuff. now i was a big boy and inputed the one i rarely use, and a text message isnt that hard to ignore from time to time with the option to unsubscribe. 

THE POINT IS THAT WG HAD FALSE ADVERTISING AND THEN WHEN CONFRONTED THEY WERE LIKE OOOPS, PROVIDE THE UNACCESIBLE PROOF OF SAID ADVERT - wich oh well the website page for that promo magically doesnt work so you cant backup that in support. ill say it again, false advertising just for what? for dem "peanuts"? maybe i want thos f-in peanuts or i wouldnt of bothered to sign up in the first place, like the others said. 
p.s. i dont use the TV and havent seen an ad for like 2 years now as adblock+yt vanced got me covered in that regard so please, stay on topic - i, and others have a problem, however insignifiant it may be for you, dont take it as an opportunity to spill your frustrations over privacy issues . 
also 
p.s.s. - @NikolayKuznetsov now a skilled captain would sound really juicy
thank you and good night

Players
867 posts
12,643 battles

Looks more like a "branch A doesn't know what branch B did" thing to me. I've had something like this before with World of Tanks where an email advertised a special (very easy) mission with a T7 german premium heavy tank as a reward, obviously meant as an incentive to bring inactive customers back into the game. However, i didn't see the mission ingame. Back then, customer support would activate this mission for me after sending them a screenshot. I'm working in a large company myself and it's not hard for me to imagine how this whole campaign was managed by just a few people who just didn't coordinate properly. Heck, maybe it just was the translation guy messing up the popup text window. We can call it false advertising, but honestly i've come to expect this "loot box" kind of reliability from WG, especially when talking about their individual player marketing campaigns. I think i'll just uncheck the phone contact again and go play some Factorio with my friends...

Beta Tester
807 posts
23 hours ago, Drayx11 said:

You guys are so useful in derailing the topic. If you have nothing to add to this converstation just abstain from posting.

It’s saturday..... and we’re bored.