Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
callumwaw

Well done, Wargaming!

13 comments in this topic

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles

Well done, Wargaming!  Your next step should be to rename the game "World of Camping" and introduce more skills like Deadeye.

That's before you introduce your nuclear-powered WW2 submarines with guided torpedoes. 

Inkedshot-21.01.23_15.44.48-0642_LI.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
2 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Well done, Wargaming!  Your next step should be to rename the game "World of Camping" and introduce more skills like Deadeye.

That's before you introduce your nuclear-powered WW2 submarines with guided torpedoes. 

Inkedshot-21.01.23_15.44.48-0642_LI.jpg

the MM queue looks like this for ages now.

Not much has changed in that regard.

What has changed is, that the ranges where people camp and snipe have increased significantly.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
24 minutes ago, _Th3_H0ly_AP_Shell said:

So you haven't picked Deadeye on your Thunderer?

I'm experimenting with different builds while you can still redistribute point for free.  In this particular battle, I did have Deadeye, but the average range at which I engaged was about 13-15 km, and that didn't hurt my performance in any way (we won, with me being the third best BB and the fifth ship on the team, which is OK for an average player like myself). 

The Thunderer has a 12.1 [EDIT: 12.3]  km detection range, so you can play pretty close. That's why I don't really understand people who pick Deadeye and stay at the border of the map. You don't NEED to do this. And at >20 km, it's much easier to miss anyway. Basically firing at very long range means the target is more likely to change course/speed. Also, it takes more player skill to hit at extreme ranges.

So IMHO you get the most out of Deadeye if you're at, say, about 15 km. Look at your detection range, add 2 km, and try to be at that distance from the enemies. Don't hug the border. 

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
4,297 battles
24 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

soviet*

fun fact nobody asked for the shitty rework 

• Cool 2

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
1 minute ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

soviet*

fun fact nobody asked for the shitty rework 

You're right.  In fact, Community Contributors, streamers and youtubers have been warning AGAINST the skill revamp. But Wargaming always seem to be doing the opposite of what the community wants :) 

To be honest, I think they're doing what politicians are good at:  you don't know how to solve a serious problem people complain about (lack of CV balance) so you do something else, a big and outrageous change, that the community will focus on.  And it works: we've stopped complaining about CVs :-)))

• Cool 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
24 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

the MM queue looks like this for ages now

Not in my experience. Maybe it's a question of what time of day you play, I don't know. But i didn't witness such a very strong BB bias like this before. 

• Funny 1

[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,727 battles

I was going to add to the complaints and air my frustrations from the last few days but rather than be negative I'm going to be positive and spend my time on a different game that I will enjoy 😎 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,762 posts
22,561 battles
5 hours ago, King_Of_The_Potatoes said:

Been fun watching twitch streamers and CC trying to play today and giving up after a couple of hours. 

Never watch any streamers - but I think I managed to show in a stream one of the last days - but I also had no problems playing the game today... did a bit CoOp for missions and tried some different captain skill options on different ships... so 12 random battles and 6 wins... 55% winrate.. so better than on average weekends...

Seems I ain't that picky as those interweb heroes doing them streams... :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this