Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaravellaCaravan

Pommern, Georgia or Thunderer. Which one should i get as a Co-op player?

16 comments in this topic

Players
38 posts
1,251 battles

Hi, i'm looking for coal battleships. I've most interested to Pommern, for it's armor and secondaries, also it's pretty looking ship. I'm thinking about the assign my Scharnhorst secondary commander to her. But it has inaccurate guns

I have 130K coals at the moment. I don't know if i could get enough coals for the both Thunderer and Georgia before they have been removed.

For Georgia, it has more accurate and bigger guns. Not that interested this ship.

If i'm not wrong, Thunderer has best HE shells in the game. That's what i've interested with it.

But, i don't have any suitable commander for Georgia and Thunderer.

I like German battleships, the reason why i want to get Pommern is, it's armor and secondary armaments. The both things are pretty useful at Co-op.

Thanks in advance.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,146 battles
Just now, hypsar said:

in co-op it really does not matter what you pick ...

Answer the question, why don't cha? :Smile_Default:

I would say Pommern, if you mostly play Co-op. It's a superb close range brawler, and you'll have the opportunities to do lots of that. . Main guns can be a little inaccurate at mid-ranges but you'll have no trouble, the bots aren't going to do much dodging! 

Georgia is also great fun, with cruiser speed and dispersion, hard hitting guns and good secondaries. Thunderer is a static sniper. Very powerful and hard hitting but you might as well be playing a coastal battery. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

I view coop as a race to get close to the enemy. Georgia is the best at that. Thunderer does not really want to get close.

• Cool 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles

I would say Pommern aswell. Torps and huge number on guns. Mass of shells is in coop more useful then overmatch [of Georgia f.e.]. On top of that you can have fun with secondary build and its easy to finish missions that require secondary hits.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Pommern is the king brawler but so often in battleships I find the battle is over before I get there. This is why I suggested the Georgia.

[NKK]
Beta Tester
879 posts
11,283 battles

Pommern. Torpedos and close combat are key in coop.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
47 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Thunderer does not really want to get close.

I usually hit W and never slow down - if you dont do that, you wont get anything, because DD will just yolo derp torp everything

Weekend Tester
870 posts
10,277 battles

I use Thunderer a lot in co-op for various mission grinds.

- it always makes credits (thats using the premium cammo, but no special signals);

- its equally good for "set fires" or "get citadels" missions;

- guns/calibre/dispersion good to start shooting and racking up damage as soon as the enemy is spotted;

- RoF good enough to rack up damage before your own DDs slaughter all the bots and steal the glory;

- its a surprisingly good brawler for the co-op "end game" (i.e. after 3 minutes!).

Pommern is also good for co-op brawls, and its down to torps vs pen/HE when compared to Thunderer.

IMHO Georgia's speed is not so useful in co-op, because the bots yolo forward anyway - Georgia tends to get too far too quickly, missing those flank shots. Six guns doesn't give enough hits in the short time available before the bots all die.

Opinions & experience may vary, of course.

Weekend Tester
870 posts
10,277 battles
49 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I view coop as a race to get close to the enemy. Georgia is the best at that. Thunderer does not really want to get close.

Dunno. I find Thunderer's speed just perfect for taking out all the targets in sequence - DD-CA/CL-BB. Any faster (ie Georgia) and you overshoot the bots going the other way, and/or get focussed.

I just go W-W-W and aim slightly to a flank.

First loads are HE, because those are for the bot DD and CA/CL you encounter first. Switch to AP and turn in as you gain the flanks of the bot BBs.

[-LA-]
Players
708 posts
5,380 battles

pommie no doubt. the torps the armour the secondaries.. its by far the most affective out of those . of course it might not be the one you find fun but i love mine

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Can't advise due to invisible text (black) on dark mode.  :)

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

For Coop, it is clearly Pommeren, very easy to use those torps on bots. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,975 posts
15,475 battles
1 hour ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

Hi, i'm looking for coal battleships.

For Coop - IMO - you want something that goes fast; your aim is to be able to do something useful before the other (faster) ships in your team hoover up the bots, and speed helps this endeavour a lot.

Out of Thunderer, Georgia, and Pommern - for use in Coop - I would get Georgia now, as she's being removed soon, and then get Pommern later.

Georgia is ludicrously fast (coal engine boost mod provides useful extra run time), and if you're playing Coop exclusively, who cares about the higher skill floor or if you have a good captain? Be mindful, though, that both these latter considerations matter a lot if you ever want to switch to PvP.

Pommern is great against bots too, but I find that she sometimes gets left behind if the rest of your team didn't pick regular US BBs or similar.

So, in summary: not Thunderer; get Georgia before she's removed, and then pick up Pommern at a later date...

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Pommern Is great for coop, torps and turtelback for driveby fun and 12 rifles for blapping "AI" at range probs one of the best ships for coop actually...

Players
3,185 posts
22,859 battles

Seeing as the bots will just mindlessly rush you to be slaughtered, Pommern seems best. It's about the only game mode where a secondary build still works while the other two are so squishy even the bots will land the odd citadel when you turn and try to run away.

Sign in to follow this