Sign in to follow this  
Trench4nt

What is the reason behind the new turret traverse skill?

4 comments in this topic

[MBHH]
Players
793 posts

With introducing the rework, turret traverse increases the degrees per minute in percentages. So faster turning turrets get an additional buff (???), while slower turning turrets getting less affected.

This does not really make sense. On ships with fast turning turrets, you do not want to spec this at all, while ships with slower moving turrets getting nerfed. An extreme example would be Yamato or aggressive Kléber players who are forced to use the update module to reach the old rate. Actually, from my point of view, this only has negative implications with respect to the gameplay. So, just.... "why?".

I would strongly suggest to reuse the old traverse management. Otherwise it is just a gameplay nerf without having any positive effects? Or does anybody thought that Yamato's or Kléber's turrets were too fast after the spec?

• Cool 6

[IRUSN]
Beta Tester
2 posts
16,095 battles

A very good point, especially for dds with slow turning guns its a definite nerf, making close combat impossible. There should be a way at least to get turret traverse speed to the equal values as  before the update.

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
270 posts
9,009 battles

world economy as we know it

like we got 2 extra skill-points for an extreme price that we have to use to get close to our old skills.

Beta Tester
188 posts
7,722 battles

I just did a check: On my Fletcher, the skill gives me -0.7s for a 180° rotation (from 5.3 to 4.6), and on the Kagero it´s -3.4 seconds (from 26.1 to 22.7).

So slower turning turrets do benefit more from the skill (as before the change)

The Yamato is also not really an "extreme example":
Before the change, the skill reduced Yamatos 180° rotaton from 60 seconds to 48,6 seconds.

With the new skill, it´s 50 seconds.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1