Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Comrade_Fluffs

This match has been brought to you by Wargaming.

43 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
5,955 battles

image.thumb.png.602d25c4a2f8c6023caa5ae6c14b330c.png

This match when exactly as you would imagine it did.

Cruisers too scared to push, BB's sitting back and snipe with HE, and among the first 6 ships to die (in total mind you!) were the carriers lol.

This ride never ends!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,153 posts
22,966 battles
1 minute ago, Comrade_Fluffs said:

Cruisers too scared to push, BB's sitting back and snipe with HE, and among the first 6 ships to die (in total mind you!) were the carriers lol.

That took a turn for the unexpected for sure.

Don't worry comrade, WG will fix this, after the free respec runs out.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

Players
799 posts
10,998 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

WG will fix this, after the free respec runs out.

Quoted for Absolute Frakking Truth

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,153 posts
22,966 battles
54 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Quoted for Absolute Frakking Truth

3 days before the update drops, I will reset every captain i used this update. I can play coop with 0 skills.

WG will pull a scummy move for sure.

• Cool 8

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
36 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I can play coop with 0 skills.

WG will pull a scummy move for sure.

Same, I can finish Hizen in coop with unskilled captains. 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,736 posts
11,834 battles
26 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I am happy because a carrier got sunk. Always makes my day.

Hope he got reported :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
25 posts
5,955 battles
Just now, Humorpalanta said:

Hope he got reported :cap_haloween:

No one got reported i think, everyone too bussy sniping HE and i was too bussy laughing at the hilarity of the situation

• Funny 1

Players
25 posts
5,955 battles

While i have this thread anyway, i might aswel trow this in here

image.thumb.png.6c048b7de745d81a509b7296c5fd0cdc.png

image.jpeg.21849d3366ef75a4dc1b9805e0b7c04d.jpeg

How did we not deplane that Hakuryu? After eh offed me he kept going after the Conqueror with full squadrons. This is absolute madness

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,037 posts

Funny that WG allows the nick of the enemy CV.

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
6 hours ago, Comrade_Fluffs said:

among the first 6 ships to die (in total mind you!) were the carriers

now we know they will fix the patch asap.:cap_like:

• Funny 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
4 hours ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I am happy because a carrier got sunk. Always makes my day.

You might not know this, but it's a scientifically proven fact that every time a CV is sunk, a little angel is born in heaven.  ;-) 

1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

among the first 6 ships to die (in total mind you!) were the carriers

Now none of us can argue: it's clear that CVs need more armour, more hitpoints, and total immunity to fire and flooding. In fact, they should be totally immune to any gunfire, and torpedoes should bounce off their sides. 

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
4,026 posts
21,570 battles
9 hours ago, Comrade_Fluffs said:

This match when exactly as you would imagine it did.

This ride never ends!

> plays Thunderer (one of the most toxic ships of all)

> complains about passive meta

does not compute

Ships like the Thunderer are one of the reasons why Cruisers are too scared to push and why Battleships are having this long-range HE slugfest.

"The meta is passive and boring, so I take a ship that enforces passive play!" - player logic

• Cool 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
8 minutes ago, lup3s said:

plays Thunderer (one of the most toxic ships of all)

but how do you know he, too, camped in the back? 

It's perfectly possible to play Thunderer at mid-range.  With a detection radius of 12.3 km, you still get the benefit of Deadeye if you're at a safe 14-15 km from the enemy. But that requires your DDs and CA/CLs to do their work, that is, to be AHEAD of you, not behind you ;-)  Sure, it's not a tank and it's generally bad at brawling, but I find it a satisfying mid-range ship with a detection radius that allows you do disengage to heal provided that -- again -- DDs are ahead of you to screen you against enemy spotters.   

Personally, I don't like camping in the back for a number of reasons. First, it's boring, and that does it for me.  I don't play this game to get 0.0001% better winrate, I play it to entertain myself :)  Second, I'm not a particularly good marksman and I find it hard to hit targets reliably at 24 km (especially that the shell flight time is so long, it's more likely the target will change course/speed). Third, I like using AP on broadsides but sniping long range basically requires you to use HE only (with very few exceptions). 

[SCRUB]
Players
4,026 posts
21,570 battles
3 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

but how do you know he, too, camped in the back? 

It's perfectly possible to play Thunderer at mid-range.  With a detection radius of 12.3 km, you still get the benefit of Deadeye if you're at a safe 14-15 km from the enemy. But that requires your DDs and CA/CLs to do their work, that is, to be AHEAD of you, not behind you ;-)  Sure, it's not a tank and it's generally bad at brawling, but I find it a satisfying mid-range ship with a detection radius that allows you do disengage to heal provided that -- again -- DDs are ahead of you to screen you against enemy spotters.   

Personally, I don't like camping in the back for a number of reasons. First, it's boring, and that does it for me.  I don't play this game to get 0.0001% better winrate, I play it to entertain myself :)  Second, I'm not a particularly good marksman and I find it hard to hit targets reliably at 24 km (especially that the shell flight time is so long, it's more likely the target will change course/speed). Third, I like using AP on broadsides but sniping long range basically requires you to use HE only (with very few exceptions). 

(boldened part)

That is correct; however, experience taught me that Thunderers are usually the furthest away from the "frontline" (together with SE HE-shooting GK's).

There is a difference between what can happen, and what does happen; in this case (Thunderer) -> long range HE slinging.

It's not just the ships, it's the players as well (and vice-versa, it's not just the players, it's this broken ******** as well)

The HE on the RN BBs should be nerfed drastically. Atm it's one of the most broken things in this game.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles

@lup3s  I agree with you in general. And, yes, the new meta encourages poor players to think it's best to sit at map edge. I was only making the point that you don't know how @Comrade_Fluffs played his Thunderer in this particular battle, yet you said about him "> plays Thunderer (one of the most toxic ships of all)  > complains about passive meta"  :-) 

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
5,955 battles
41 minutes ago, lup3s said:

> plays Thunderer (one of the most toxic ships of all)

does not compute

Ships like the Thunderer are one of the reasons why Cruisers are too scared to push and why Battleships are having this long-range HE slugfest.

"The meta is passive and boring, so I take a ship that enforces passive play!" - player logic

In all fairness, the only reason i brought out the Thunderer was to check it out, i had just bought it. Decked it out for range aswel for the shits and giggles, might aswel go full meme right? Quickly realized that long range HE snipe wasn't realy my think and rather quickly opted for a medium range fight instead, didn't realy help much in the end but ah well, the battle was hilarious to watch nontheless

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
187 posts
12,783 battles
36 minutes ago, lup3s said:

The HE on the RN BBs should be nerfed drastically. Atm it's one of the most broken things in this game.

I thought so at first.

But then I did the maths for a typical scenario, where you fire a salvo at an enemy and get 5 hits (which is only consistently possible at mid ranges;  at long range you'll get fewer hits).

In the case of the Tier 10 Thunderer, the probability of setting a fire is 98.9%. 

But in the case of the Tier 8 Lenin, the probability is almost the same, at 92.2%.

It's only a 6 percentage point difference. 

(to clarify, this is looking at probability only; I'm not taking into account tier vs. tier modifiers, captain skills etc., as that differs from battle to battle). 

@Comrade_Fluffs   My take on this is that Deadeye + Concealment makes it possible to enjoy playing the Thunderer at mid-range, using both AP and HE, instead of being bored to death sniping from 24 km. 

Players
25 posts
5,955 battles

@callumwawI'l give it a whirl at some point, right i'm more concerned with getting another line to T10 than i am with getting more skillpoints for Jingles (tought it was fitting to trow the old man on there)

Players
4,001 posts
21,128 battles
4 hours ago, Comrade_Fluffs said:

While i have this thread anyway, i might aswel trow this in here

image.thumb.png.6c048b7de745d81a509b7296c5fd0cdc.png

image.jpeg.21849d3366ef75a4dc1b9805e0b7c04d.jpeg

How did we not deplane that Hakuryu? After eh offed me he kept going after the Conqueror with full squadrons. This is absolute madness

Because carriers are balanced for 12 vs 12 not 7 vs 7.

• Funny 1

Players
3,502 posts
12,174 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Because carriers are balanced for 12 vs 12 not 7 vs 7.

bingo!!! - Cousin Eddie - quickmeme

[PGT2P]
Players
133 posts
8,688 battles

Well, I played three games in rank.  First with a radar mino, headed to the caps to support the dd, radared enemy dd, fired a couple of shots and sunk straight away... someone in chat asked if I was an idiot?  I answered and said, "yes".  Loaded Hindenberg and used the spotter to fire HE at range, staid alive etc, sailed the Thunderer and fired HE at range..., and... yep, you guessed it, hat worked fine too.

I'm not concerned with winning, I like to have fun and part of he fun is being useful to my team, but my feeling is there's no fun and no utility in being alive for five mins in a radar mino, so... If you can't beat them you got to join 'em... I have to remember to ask myself if I'm still having fun a week from now in this game, "brought to you by Wargaming":Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[V888]
Beta Tester
407 posts
30,168 battles

I dont blame anyone for playing the meta. Why do something that doesnt work like push? You do what works best.

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
3 hours ago, lup3s said:

symptom, not cause.

fire mechanics are broken. 

weegee's method of dealing with DoT needs ripped out at the foundations.

fires should be nurfing ships stats depending on where the fire is. for example, fire under the turret meaning 50% slower reload for that turret. since the crew would need to be real careful not to cause a mag detonation., fire near range finders, lose the ability to see ships for away from your ship. obscured rangefinders/disabled radio etc.

that would be an actually decent function of fire mechanics.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this