Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

Horrible start but it did improve

12 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,822 battles

First 5 games were rubbish, played around with a lot of builds and got punished for stupidity

So..

Had enough FXP and Elite captain points to get one 21p captain so I went for Yamamoto (Have all Jap Premiums so it seemed like a good call)

Rest of the games were with 19p captains (Prinz Eugen 18p, Hatsuharu 17p)

I Mostly played BB:s

IFHE battleship:

Fuso was funny, damage to DD:s and Cruisers was insane :Smile_teethhappy: Top of the board, 99k dmg, still lost tho, dunno what the team was doing

Tank builds:

Dont seem to work much since everyone is hiding anyway

Musashi got raped

Hizen and Kii were wipeout games 

Deadeye builds:

Jean Bart did ok

Legendary Mod Yammy with Yamamoto did very well in the 3 games I played it

Funny game in Gascogne, one ship that actually benefits a lot from deadeye, fast shells, still loads of overpens tho (gonna try the Champagne think it will be even better)

Stupid "Dazzle" skill:

Asashio got wiped out, noticed after game that I actually did a lot of damage after I died 20km torps..

Top grade gunner:

Hatsuharu gave a good win, mostly capping points but very little damage done, 13km guns was nice

Only played one cruiser, Prinz Eugen, we won but build was as "standard" as possible since the new 4p "skills" seemed like rubbish

Think some of the skills need to be looked at. Prices of some questionable skills are very high

Also how and when they are active ?  Some sort of indication in game would be nice  (like the smoke screen timer)

Am I for the sake of "diversity" supposed to take Dazzle as my 4:th captain skill instead of  CE ? all sounds good on paper but I can assure u that it doesn´t work 

Fearless brawler ?

Outnumbered ?

Top grade gunner ?

Have fun putting me to death (if I am stupid too use/try them)

Beta Tester
5,726 posts
22,535 battles
1 hour ago, Ronchabale said:

Jean Bart did ok

WoWs S&N shows a Jean Bart battle with 36k damage, 0 kills and a 685 PR, which is not something that I (and most other people here) would consider a "did ok"

Maybe you were talking about CoOp battles? Which, due to the way the bots storm ahead in their always same fate don't really help in deciding about how skills could work out in real battles... ^^

• Funny 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,668 posts
19,133 battles

Am I for the sake of "diversity" supposed to take Dazzle as my 4:th captain skill instead of  CE ? all sounds good on paper but I can assure u that it doesn´t work 

Dazzle may be one of those ideas which sounds good on paper but doesn't deliver on expectations. A 20% debuff on dispersion means that you're more likely to take single hits from large salvos but less likely to cop the whole lot. Not being detected (CE) and dodging remains the best way of staying alive. 

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,822 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

WoWs S&N shows a Jean Bart battle with 36k damage, 0 kills and a 685 PR, which is not something that I (and most other people here) would consider a "did ok"

Maybe you were talking about CoOp battles? Which, due to the way the bots storm ahead in their always same fate don't really help in deciding about how skills could work out in real battles... ^^

Was late and I had more than a few beers, the enemy team folded, I didn´t die and we won, didn´t look at the stats

• Funny 2

Players
3,203 posts
18,599 battles
5 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Jean Bart

3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Was late and I had more than a few beers, the enemy team folded, I didn´t die and we won, didn´t look at the stats

Jean Bart definitely feeling the buffs. Added deadeye and 7% dispersion module instead of secondary range module and started getting multi-cidatels at any range pretty much all the time.

image.thumb.png.be0118cf809893de1ba26609e98f6fc7.png

Beta Tester
5,726 posts
22,535 battles
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Jean Bart definitely feeling the buffs. Added deadeye and 7% dispersion module instead of secondary range module and started getting multi-cidatels at any range pretty much all the time.

Yeah, but you're a good player anyway...

I'm just a potato in the John Brath and when I tried it (DE...) I did an even worse result than usual... so no DeadEyes on JB for me... personal experience and preference might differ though :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,822 battles
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Gonna have to stop gaming when I have had a few, buying Dubs can get out of hand too, had some issues buying dubs yesterday and found that the "failed" transactions had not failed.

Woke up this morning with 40k dubs.. 

No worries, treated myself to 3 Makoto Koyabashi camos

I played JB again today, managed to get into the middle on trap, more of a holding and brawling game, not much use of deadeye but the shots I did get dispersion was all over the place, dunno what happened, did win and a bit over 100k so happy with that.

The "Champagne" was better at sniping, lost that game tho 

Cant make heads or tails of the DD perks, seem to need a 25p captain 

• Cool 1

[UNNF]
Players
214 posts
17,324 battles

And I actually start the real gaming after bottle of red wine or half bottle of whiskey :cap_old::cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,203 posts
18,599 battles

Cant make heads or tails of the DD perks, seem to need a 25p captain 

it's a net nerf of DD builds except possibly torpedoboats. The rest require 20 points or more to get the same out of captains as before 

[SCRUB]
Players
4,026 posts
21,521 battles
11 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

IFHE battleship

? Why ?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,668 posts
19,133 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

? Why ?

Small calibre secondaries? (can't see any reason otherwise).

Players
1,328 posts
20,957 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

it's a net nerf of DD builds except possibly torpedoboats. The rest require 20 points or more to get the same out of captains as before 

Regarding torpedoboats, I agree, at least when compared to my previous builds: my usual 19-points IJN torp DD captain had Expert Marksman instead of Last Stand(!) because I trusted my management of consumables, skill for getting out of trouble by force if needed and luck, thus turning them into a sort of hybrid if you like. The most similar build to that right now is only 18 points, and by spending 2 more I also get Last Stand. OTOH, Somers' build went the other way around so its current equivalent is still 19 points, which means I can pick either GtG plus Liquidator or another 2-pointer for filling the whole pack.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this