Sign in to follow this  
xBlubbs

Bring back Atlanta to 11.1

9 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
11,223 battles

The very first punch in the face was CV rework, where you took away Atlantas unique ability to shoot down planes entirely (I am still holding record on EU server for that which was prior to that). And now that base range "buff" to 13k which is in fact a heavy nerf. Please, I am out of words for this change, now the ship is kinda broken. I think, I got the necessary experience with my 3.4k matches on this particular ship together with an above-average performance to judge on that.

With that change you took away one of the main factors of Atlanta: Stealth shooting. It is not built to deal with incoming damage, instead it relies on good positioning much more that other ships since you just cannot do open water gunboating. If you have a look on the screenshot, then you see the problem, if I'd have a 13km build there: Getting perma-spotted by Loyang if I decide to engage those incoming battleships (sadly I did not screenshot similar situations in those two games I played until now).

1574786234_Screenshot2021-01-17165718Kopie.png.23ce53704054602d99829358972b46a0.png.c8d869700c18c5fcd943f7ecd4419250.png

I dont get the reason for this change at all. You cannot even land hits on anything between 11 to 13km steadily as long as your target is moving, at least I cant do that. I dont know, maybe because I am not used to a 13km build or I am a noob on this ship (which I cannot believe for obvious reasons). So the only reason for me is, that you actively want to nerf one of the worst T7 cruiser even more. Accordingly to wows-numbers, both Atlantas are 5. and 7. last of the list. In spotlight is Atlanta B which got the worse stats - that is kind of a statement, since it came out last year and shows clearly, how that ship got nerfed over the time.

If you are interested in buffing Atlanta, then do something for its concealment. Like improve its AA to get rid of those T6 carriers that can fly around you and keep you spotted like litterally forever - not talking about how out-of-chance you are against T8 planes.

Gosh, this is not as worse as the impact of CV rework, but it just made an unique ship even more worse.

• Funny 1

[STEPA]
Players
58 posts
2,551 battles
On 23/01/2021 at 4:10 AM, xBlubbs said:

The very first punch in the face was CV rework, where you took away Atlantas unique ability to shoot down planes entirely (I am still holding record on EU server for that which was prior to that). And now that base range "buff" to 13k which is in fact a heavy nerf. Please, I am out of words for this change, now the ship is kinda broken. I think, I got the necessary experience with my 3.4k matches on this particular ship together with an above-average performance to judge on that.

With that change you took away one of the main factors of Atlanta: Stealth shooting. It is not built to deal with incoming damage, instead it relies on good positioning much more that other ships since you just cannot do open water gunboating. If you have a look on the screenshot, then you see the problem, if I'd have a 13km build there: Getting perma-spotted by Loyang if I decide to engage those incoming battleships (sadly I did not screenshot similar situations in those two games I played until now).

1574786234_Screenshot2021-01-17165718Kopie.png.23ce53704054602d99829358972b46a0.png.c8d869700c18c5fcd943f7ecd4419250.png

I dont get the reason for this change at all. You cannot even land hits on anything between 11 to 13km steadily as long as your target is moving, at least I cant do that. I dont know, maybe because I am not used to a 13km build or I am a noob on this ship (which I cannot believe for obvious reasons). So the only reason for me is, that you actively want to nerf one of the worst T7 cruiser even more. Accordingly to wows-numbers, both Atlantas are 5. and 7. last of the list. In spotlight is Atlanta B which got the worse stats - that is kind of a statement, since it came out last year and shows clearly, how that ship got nerfed over the time.

If you are interested in buffing Atlanta, then do something for its concealment. Like improve its AA to get rid of those T6 carriers that can fly around you and keep you spotted like litterally forever - not talking about how out-of-chance you are against T8 planes.

Gosh, this is not as worse as the impact of CV rework, but it just made an unique ship even more worse.

Its sad, there is so many historical ships that has been nerfed to the ground. I love atlanta, but im not brave enough to take her out of port. She is just a coop ship when i need ribbons for fire or main battery hits... sad.

Players
78 posts
On 1/23/2021 at 3:10 AM, xBlubbs said:

Its not difficult mate, you got hoodwinked by Wargamig to make a purchase.

All premium ships eventually get undeclared nerfs to weapons, utilities or armour to make the newly released ships seem more appealing.

Its not a conspiracy or anything.. its simply marketing.

Its better that the Atlanta is a poor chice to play now so that you can be inticed to make another purchase in the Premium Store.

It is the fate of all premium ships that they fall behind and become unplayable due to Power creep in the new ships that emerge.

Make peace with this reality and youll sleep at night

PS: Never buy premium ships again. Just sub per month and settle for that!

Players
8 posts
11,223 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, JohnMac79 said:

Good luck with 11k range in the current meta.

No problem. Like for real, its no problem and much easier to play.

21 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Just use the Flint in that case ...

No radar, no competition. Numbers are clear on that one, at least my personal ones.

Players
59 posts
8,674 battles

I am loving the Extra 10% Damage from the "Heavy HE & SAP Shells" Commander Skill.

Atlanta's one of the very few Cruisers that don't suffer the Detection Penalty from the skill so getting into position then raining HE death is my current game.

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

an option to fit slower firing 149mm guns with the new range or mount the current 127's with the old range would solve both issues.