Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kutfroat

Yeah...now Cruisers are useless...

51 comments in this topic

[MBHH]
Players
890 posts

Hmm, I don't know. The first games I had I was confronted with very aggressive playing GKs. I made, ... I don't now... around 50 games in DDs and cruisers with the new update and it feels that in general BBs tend to act be more aggressively due to the improved secondary range. On the other hand, it is very difficult to isolate the dead eye effect, because longe range snipers also exists before the update and I believe that the average player simply tries to respec his old built.

I also experimented a bit with dead eye on the Amagi but it was very hard to address the success of the individual salvos to that skill. I guess that we need to compare the dmg numbers in a few weeks with the ones before the update.

[OLEUM]
Players
119 posts
12,566 battles

WG sold the rework as a chance to have different builds but the one for CA that looks semi interesting you give away to much concealment!!!

Why for a 10% damage buff HE do you have to give up concealment when Deadeye gives up nothing.

i think we are still in the early testing phase were CAs are spotted from the moon with this skill so unable to support DDs efficiently.

every game a camp fest by BBs and CAs but not the CAs fault.

with the HE buff skill it’s like have a CV in the game spotting you constantly, not good.

• Cool 1

[HFHH]
Players
341 posts
18,090 battles

8 minutes ago, batch1 said:

i think we are still in the early testing phase were CAs are spotted from the moon 

yes the being though it should of been tested before being dropped on us  and by tested i mean fully tested and not slapped together like a rushed lunch

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
401 posts
20,210 battles
16 minutes ago, batch1 said:

WG sold the rework as a chance to have different builds but the one for CA that looks semi interesting you give away to much concealment!!!

Why for a 10% damage buff HE do you have to give up concealment when Deadeye gives up nothing.

i think we are still in the early testing phase were CAs are spotted from the moon with this skill so unable to support DDs efficiently.

every game a camp fest by BBs and CAs but not the CAs fault.

with the HE buff skill it’s like have a CV in the game spotting you constantly, not good.

cas will give up there concealment so they could improve their reload by 8%

let's face it, even 2 weeks ago BBS were camping at the edge of the map, now they will get rewarded for it..

This is the same meta we had at the past year, the vast majority of bb players don't know how to support their team.

• Cool 2

[LX]
Players
326 posts
21,891 battles
20 minutes ago, Stronginthearms said:

yes the being though it should of been tested before being dropped on us  and by tested i mean fully tested and not slapped together like a rushed lunch

WG could probably have done automated testing on this.

Give co-op bots the "intelligence" to make use conditional skills, such as Dead Eye, instead of rushing forwards, and then run thousands of bot-vs-bot matches with different captain skill-sets.

Compare those results with matches of captains before the realwork and you could probably measure which ship classes are affected the most.

My guess would be that cruisers come off worst.

The results are going to be a little crude, compared to human players, but it would be at least indicative of any change in game balance.

You could also compare captain builds by having one bot team have one set of commander skills and the other team having a different set.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,383 posts
23,343 battles
12 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

I have a Question.

You can use Demoman on Cruisers with a Claiber of 149mm or lower to gain a 10% Buff to He and SAP Shells.

You can use Armor-Piercing Cruiser  for Cruisers with a Caliber of 190mm or higher to get 5% higher AP-Damage.

But what do you do if your Cruiser has a Caliber between 149 and 190mm?

If you use Demoman with a Caliber greater than 149mm you will get a 15% Concealment Nerf.

But Cruisers need a good Concealment or they will be Spottet first.

If they turn away right at the Start of the Match to avoid getting Spottet first, than this can result your Teams BBs and Destroyers turning away as well because they think that they do not have enough Support.

Strong Flanks can retreat because of this leaving the Cap to a Weaker Enemy Force.

This is the answer, my friend. Join the snipers with 21 km concealment Henri IV:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PFSC110&modules=11111&upgrades=134251&commander=PFW101&skills=349445&ar=100&consumables=11111&pos=0

The sniping Venezia CB season was stale and boring. WG heard our feedback and turned the whole game into that.

[TORAZ]
Players
401 posts
20,210 battles
14 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

This is the answer, my friend. Join the snipers with 21 km concealment Henri IV:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PFSC110&modules=11111&upgrades=134251&commander=PFW101&skills=349445&ar=100&consumables=11111&pos=0

The sniping Venezia CB season was stale and boring. WG heard our feedback and turned the whole game into that.

You can always pick the nevsky, there are people employed by wg that are actually playing the game, maybe wg should start asking them for opinions to improve the game.

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,294 posts
23,428 battles
22 minutes ago, Captaindanz said:

there are people employed by wg that are actually playing the game, maybe wg should start asking them for opinions to improve the game.

Sacrilege! Heresy!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,361 posts
21,632 battles

I played mostly DDs yesterday: an acquaintance wished to division and use his radar Minotaur so I complied, and he raked quite the amount of XP and achievements thanks to my spotting and his firing with impunity from my smokes. In the few battles I took mine out, OTOH, it was pure dodgeball because of lacking such support. I also brought my Missouri with Dead Eye for a stroll to see how things are from the other side of the hill. My feeling is that, due to the shooting ranges of the current META while people are still figuring out what to do, Dead Eye is more a nerf than a buff for the average BB player, at least regarding kiters and masters of WASD. I feel sorry for the island huggers, though: if they don't embrace their waifus even more tightly, they're going to be spanked hard the moment they're spotted, and the same applies to straightliners.

Salute.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,820 posts
11,908 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Saw you triggering Flamuu yesterday!! :cap_haloween:

I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

I mean

tenor.gif?itemid=12093935

But I was right!!! He is so salty... I am salty too but I know and I can admit it but he is just...

That is why I cannot really watch his stream. I usually watch Flambass but he is getting away from the game (which I can understand as I also deleted the game) so I watched him.

• Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,462 posts
15,237 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Its not like that those skills increase the damage in any meaningful way.

F.e. 10% more HE damage for 152mm caliber Cruisers, thats like 250~ on maxdamage, which ofc doesnt mean anything. With a pen, thats 82 more damage. If the area is saturated (which happens faster ofc when dealing more damage, so outcome is the same, only happens slightly faster) it drops down to 41 more damage.

Totaly not worth to lose 15% concealment.

How about AP?

Hindenburg has very good AP, atlest damage wise. 5% more thats 295 more damage on a CITADEL hit. Or 97 with a pen, 30 on an overpen. Is that actually worth using for 3 skill points? Before they nerfed it to 5%, i think 7% would have been ok for BCs like Stalingrad, as they can convert a lot of shots into citadels, but even with 5% more damage we are only talking 460 more on a citadel. When does such a small increase in damage actually matter?

Most of the new cruiser skills are just outright garbage or useless.

Cruisers definitely got hit the hardest in the old system out of the 32 shared skills there were about 21 that you would likely pick for at least 2 or cruisers in the game definitely, with the rework we get 24 cruisers specific skills of which only about 13-14 are actually worth picking unless you are doing some meme build. In fact all classes loose the number of viable (worth picking) skills except CVs as they get more options. So WG managed to go from 32 skills to 96 and end up having less variety... This really takes some skill to be this bad.

The skills feel like they were only just thought up buy a new intern (who has never played the game) in the first brainstorming session and then they decided to go straight to put it on the live server with no testing and ignoring any concerns voiced my the players...

In fact the only reason I am still playing this patch is that I already bought the 5k starter pack for the Hizen so I have to finish it. If it wasn't for that I would have just reset everything, unequipped all modules and not touched the game again until WG reverse this massive turd of a 'rework'.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

In fact the only reason I am still playing this patch is that I already bought the 5k starter pack for the Hizen so I have to finish it. If it wasn't for that I would have just reset everything, unequipped all modules and not touched the game again until WG reverse this massive turd of a 'rework'.

WG had a hard time reversing the Hindi nerf, so what are the chances they gonna reverse this shitshow? :cap_fainting:

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
4,066 posts
15,720 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

I mean

tenor.gif?itemid=12093935

But I was right!!! He is so salty... I am salty too but I know and I can admit it but he is just...

That is why I cannot really watch his stream. I usually watch Flambass but he is getting away from the game (which I can understand as I also deleted the game) so I watched him.

I also prefer Flambass, I wonder how much money he is losing by leaving the game. Flamuu's viewership has noticeably increased while Flambass' has dropped significantly. He lost my sub because of it, I wonder how many more.

It just shows how he feels about this games' direction.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,066 posts
15,720 battles
52 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Cruisers definitely got hit the hardest in the old system out of the 32 shared skills there were about 21 that you would likely pick for at least 2 or cruisers in the game definitely, with the rework we get 24 cruisers specific skills of which only about 13-14 are actually worth picking unless you are doing some meme build. In fact all classes loose the number of viable (worth picking) skills except CVs as they get more options. So WG managed to go from 32 skills to 96 and end up having less variety... This really takes some skill to be this bad.

The skills feel like they were only just thought up buy a new intern (who has never played the game) in the first brainstorming session and then they decided to go straight to put it on the live server with no testing and ignoring any concerns voiced my the players...

Wargaming will never reverse a rework.

They will rework this rework. Surely that will make it all better?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R-M]
Players
1,598 posts
13,546 battles

Simply not true - DDs got hit the hardest, especially when they are hybrids. I do not look forward to ranked. Most builds can't accommodate PT not to mention RPF. You can either go full guns or full torps but it certainly won't be a build that can both decently or be used both in random and ranked.

Players
238 posts
6,136 battles

Cruisers can still work 

Had good games in Budyonny and Charles Martel, Graf Spee difficult to tell as I spent the game holding back 2 DD’s from our CV, Edinburgh not bad but no real changes for her

Amalfi though - Yowzer, got spanked twice in her

Still early days 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,820 posts
11,908 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

I also prefer Flambass, I wonder how much money he is losing by leaving the game. Flamuu's viewership has noticeably increased while Flambass' has dropped significantly. He lost my sub because of it, I wonder how many more.

It just shows how he feels about this games' direction.

Yeah I know. I was watching Flamu having 3,5K viewers playing Wows while Flambass had 735 viewers playing Tarkov. And he used to have around 2,5K views.

Still I can understand Flambass. It was visible that Wows was going onto his health... TBH it was going on mine, too but I was playing like 1/20 of the games he played. So yeah. It is always better choosing health.

I honestly think that many people are watching more and more just for the lolz and playing the game itself less and less.

• Cool 2

Players
132 posts
16,176 battles
5 hours ago, Iskarioth said:

Simply not true - DDs got hit the hardest, especially when they are hybrids. I do not look forward to ranked. Most builds can't accommodate PT not to mention RPF. You can either go full guns or full torps but it certainly won't be a build that can both decently or be used both in random and ranked.

Not sure if you noticed but there are no more hybrid DDs. Either gunboat or torp boat. Nothing in between.

But cruisers that are, by nature, hybrids, are now quite pointless to play. You get spotted, in the best case, at your pre-rework range and then get blapped by max range BBs across the map without being able to do anything. Even double rudder shift doesn't help because you simply can't turn away from 5 BBs at the same time.

CVs completely screw the game because they essentially neutralize cruisers (especially heavy cruisers with the exception of DM), so the meta is all about BBs, DDs and if a capable CV player is in the game, he will decide the game. Don't judge by one individual ship, look at the entire class. That together with WG screwed up MM from T8 is a death sentence for any cruiser. DDs have their concealment, cruisers do as well but are neutralized by sniper BBs. Just look how many cruisers are around in an average battle... the most I have seen today is 3 cruisers per battle. Each time there were 5 BBs and you can bet your [edited]each one had dead eye.

• Cool 1

Players
3,588 posts
12,342 battles

WOWS have completely lost contact with what each ship class was designed to do in the first place.  That happened about 4 years ago and have got worse ever since.

The real losers in this rework are DD's....Every bit of support which they had left, which after so many years have evaporated is now practically gone. 

Ships can hit them better, CV's are in most games now (not like the other way round long ago) and their teeth have been ripped out, having to give something up to in this rework.

Nothing is worse than being in a DD and looking behind you and seeing....Nothing.  Not one ship, not even a radar cruiser as he now cowers in fear spamming from a distance. Afraid of being hit from a dead eye legendry  mod Yam or a Deadeye thunderer.  There is little incentive to grab the caps as there is no REWARD to do so.  The team normally dies before the time is up anyway as muppets throw away their ships like crippled lemmings.  Now i can still do fine as i'm not a complete muppet in DD's, but new DD players will not wanna do ANYTHING around those caps now. DD one vs one's have even been nerfed! So you will now see an increase in bloody torp spamming DD's that do nothing but farm damage.  Spotting can take a hike in their books, it's all about me, me and me.

So BB's are now at the back sniping away, cruisers are giving up concealment to spam at the back (for reload) and now DD's will spam torps at the back. I ask, what is the point of having caps! 

So when you ping a DD to do something on the map, don't expect him to do anything if you lot are 15 km behind him! 

One of my Clan forum members put this on our Discord and I have to share it as this commander rework could have been great:

"I think personally WG had a chance to make really interesting skills like for example DDs could have a skill where they cap their reload of all main armaments decrease or an increased DPM while they are capping. This would encourage capping. Encourage radar DDs with some buffs, torp reload DDs with no smoke with some buff. Encourage radar minos. Give deadeye to cruisers with 190mm and above not spammers cruisers or BBs. Better heal or damage con skills to secondary BBs and cruisers especially with heavy AP like Russian heavy cruisers. Give buff in reload to BBs every million potential damage. This way BBs can be rewarded for tanking and using their HP smartly. Nerf CVs plane spotting if they take tanky planes. 25% reduction to AA flak is plain stupid especially with FDR in game. I'm no game designer but I came up with these. I'm sure community and devs can come up with better ideas. Balance those interesting skills. Bring back dead ships, their different build and playstyle. Instead WG saw spreadsheet as usual and made retarded skills. They decided to give this noob of a player base ever more noob skills. WELL F+++++ DONE!"

This ^^^^

These are simple comments from a good player and a good lad.  This alone, this simple mentality would have sorted a lot of what's wrong about this game out.  THAT is how out-of-touch WG are and have been for ages.  Money talk, gameplay walks. 

but alas, none of this matters really as the good will simply get better (with the skills) and the bad, which is astronomically eye watering high, will get even worse.  The amount of Red which MM shows me before the games, in tier 9-10 games is simply astounding. The game is over before it has even started and 9/10 i'm right. Only when you personally have to kill all the good players on the enemy team can you drag some of these players to a win and even then it's a race against time before your team folds like an camping chair. 

• Cool 3

Players
235 posts
4,103 battles
On 1/22/2021 at 11:14 PM, Kutfroat said:

...you can make DD work after rework. BB now rule the Sea with Dead Eye and kill every Cruiser that gets random spotted by CV within the first 2 minutes with Dead Eye Skill. Extra, extra slow "fu.k you WG" clap.

destroyed a dd outright cause of conq and i was roughly 7km away from the nearest dd in the cap 

[R-M]
Players
1,598 posts
13,546 battles
22 hours ago, Buford_T_Justice_Sr said:

Not sure if you noticed but there are no more hybrid DDs. Either gunboat or torp boat. Nothing in between.

But cruisers that are, by nature, hybrids, are now quite pointless to play. You get spotted, in the best case, at your pre-rework range and then get blapped by max range BBs across the map without being able to do anything. Even double rudder shift doesn't help because you simply can't turn away from 5 BBs at the same time.

CVs completely screw the game because they essentially neutralize cruisers (especially heavy cruisers with the exception of DM), so the meta is all about BBs, DDs and if a capable CV player is in the game, he will decide the game. Don't judge by one individual ship, look at the entire class. That together with WG screwed up MM from T8 is a death sentence for any cruiser. DDs have their concealment, cruisers do as well but are neutralized by sniper BBs. Just look how many cruisers are around in an average battle... the most I have seen today is 3 cruisers per battle. Each time there were 5 BBs and you can bet your [edited]each one had dead eye.

I tired of cruiser tears. DDs have had it worse for quite some time now. Not to mention I am absolutely sure that Deadeye won't be around for long. Furthermore I have actually tested the new AA Skills and they certainly increased the Dmg that especially cruiser can do to planes now ( my Hinden full AA gunned down a squad of FDR planes to my great suprise). DDs on the other hand can now either counter other DDs or torp but their overall performance will drop across the bord IMO with few exceptions.

Sign in to follow this