Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

What does 'Can be activated' mean ?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
620 posts
4,985 battles

I might be being thick here, but what does this actually mean ? Does it mean I have to activate it manually ( using some combination of keys ), or does it mean it is activated automatically when the parameters are met ( in which case it should read Will be activated ) ?

Image 102.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,668 posts
19,130 battles
54 minutes ago, Pametrada said:

does it mean it is activated automatically when the parameters are met 

That's what it means. Although don't expect the tooltips to tell you that, they are all at sea at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

it is inactive under one set of conditions.

it becomes active under another set of conditions.

 

in the case of that skill, you activate it by getting into secondary range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
620 posts
4,985 battles
31 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

That's what it means. Although don't expect the tooltips to tell you that, they are all at sea at the moment.

 

30 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

it is inactive under one set of conditions.

it becomes active under another set of conditions.

 

in the case of that skill, you activate it by getting into secondary range.

 

Thanks guys, that explains it. Much appreciated. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,324 battles

In other words, it's a maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. The Unicums will know exactly when it works (which, ofc, is by design). Half decent players may get it to work enough for this skill to be worth it.

However, the vast majority of players will take it and not get it to work - then get choked, then, maybe, spend money - enough of them so that WG will declare the Cpt skill rework to be a success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
620 posts
4,985 battles
20 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

In other words, it's a maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. The Unicums will know exactly when it works (which, ofc, is by design). Half decent players may get it to work enough for this skill to be worth it.

However, the vast majority of players will take it and not get it to work - then get choked, then, maybe, spend money - enough of them so that WG will declare the Cpt skill rework to be a success. 

The wording 'Can be activated' is certainly ambiguous,  but this has been cleared up - it's automatically activated when an enemy ship is within secondary range. How can people 'not get it to work' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,324 battles
1 minute ago, Pametrada said:

it's automatically activated when an enemy ship is within secondary range. How can people 'not get it to work' ?

easy answer, lol - by not getting into secondary range, lol (which, ofc, will happen cause it's all about the long range sniping meta nowadays).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
620 posts
4,985 battles
2 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

easy answer, lol - by not getting into secondary range, lol (which, ofc, will happen cause it's all about the long range sniping meta nowadays).

I'm sorry - I don't wish to be pedantic, but my query was how the attack skill was activated, not whether players will take advantage of it. Of course, you are correct that this skill will not be of any use to long range snipers. Incidentally, I've just started out on the German BB line and played my first, and so far only, game in the Konig this evening. Towards the end it was well inside secondary range, but I wasn't aware of a 10% reduction in main armament loading time - perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×