Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Genie_of_the_Lamp

How to enable "dazzle"???

48 comments in this topic

Players
142 posts

Hi im just starting to spent the coming hours on how to fix these perks again...and test them about my numerous crews

But when I chose "dazzle" on a DD after I went into a Coop to see how it worked; nothing happened!

Is it a passive perk?? What can be read on the perk menu is "Can be activated"

So....how can I activate this?? There is no corresponding consumable to activate like quick reload.

And when / how can I see these 15 secs are done?? There is no indication on my screen that this perk is active after I was spotted.

So whats happening here?

[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles
4 minutes ago, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

Hi im just starting to spent the coming hours on how to fix these perks again...and test them about my numerous crews

But when I chose "dazzle" on a DD after I went into a Coop to see how it worked; nothing happened!

Is it a passive perk?? What can be read on the perk menu is "Can be activated"

So....how can I activate this?? There is no corresponding consumable to activate like quick reload.

And when / how can I see these 15 secs are done?? There is no indication on my screen that this perk is active after I was spotted.

So whats happening here?

it only works for 15 seconds immediately after being spotted, basically making you harder to hit (but not immune)

image.png.976f31958154592749670aff8d51cba6.png

so for example, you are sitting in smoke trying to cap, when you are detected by radar, the detection should activate your "dazzle" skill. You will not see an on screen notification.

When you are fired on for 15 seconds, the shell pattern (dispersion) will be 20% looser (wonkier) than normal, giving you more chances of escaping unharmed.

Players
142 posts
8 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

it only works for 15 seconds immediately after being spotted, basically making you harder to hit (but not immune)

image.png.976f31958154592749670aff8d51cba6.png

so for example, you are sitting in smoke trying to cap, when you are detected by radar, the detection should activate your "dazzle" skill. You will not see an on screen notification.

When you are fired on for 15 seconds, the shell pattern (dispersion) will be 20% looser (wonkier) than normal, giving you more chances of escaping unharmed.

I understand but...

The confusing issue however here is; that the skill can be "activated"  or must be activated. (as you can see on the picture).   So I dont have to "activate" nothing in fact this is a passive skill.

And the word "can' is also confusing because it indicates that it also maybe could not.

But it would be good if....like a smoke screen activated; there would be a counter to witness this so called "activation" Because now I cannot controll that this perk has been activated

• Cool 2

[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles
3 minutes ago, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

I understand but...

The confusing issue however here is; that the skill can be "activated"  or must be activated. (as you can see on the picture).   So I dont have to "activate" nothing in fact this is a passive skill.

And the word "can' is also confusing because it indicates that it also maybe could not.

But it would be good if....like a smoke screen activated; there would be a counter to witness this so called "activation" Because now I cannot controll that this perk has been activated

I agree, the descriptions are badly done. It is not an "active" skill, but a "situational" skill. @Sehales a minor but probably helpful suggestion, and an easy dev edit for the captain skill descriptions.

Players
3,203 posts
18,599 battles

Welcome to WGs wonderful UI where everything you need to know is either hidden or simply displayed wrong.

Also God help if you start actually testing stuff, because your results will regularly contradict whatever the UI tells you.

Tried the skill and I have no idea

- if it affects shots fired for the first 15s or only shots landing for the first 15s (rather big difference)

- if it refreshes after going unspotted  (island, smoke-puff or between plane spotting)

- if so, for how long one needs to be unspotted

- if it even works or when (no GUI icon)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Agree, icon showing this and other situational skills are active would be nice, so you actually know it's doing something.
Expect it in a mod though, like smoke timer, I can't for the life of me understand why that isn't in the base game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,322 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

in a mod though, like smoke timer, I can't for the life of me understand why that isn't in the base game.

Isn't it obvious by now? They don't give a s**t. The current proof is this barf of a Cpt skill rework.

[THIR]
Players
948 posts
4,673 battles

As I already said, if they'd tell us if a skill is active or not, most players would quickly realize that quite a lot of them don't work as the description implies either because the description is wrong (or at least incomplete) or because the skills are bugged. WG doesn't want us to know and let's be real, most players wouldn't understand how the new skills work even if the description was accurate.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,774 posts
15,168 battles

He He He.... Dazzle on the Paolo Emilio!!!!

Less than 6 minutes of battle time.

Smoke is also now 44.3s due to the new commander skills.

New skills seem to work well with this ship.

20210123064626_1.jpg

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
3 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

20210123064626_1.jpg

Do you use 'swift in silence'?

Supposedly that skill makes the Emilio outrun it's smoke and become detected.

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,774 posts
15,168 battles
9 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

Do you use 'swift in silence'?

Supposedly that skill makes the Emilio outrun it's smoke and become detected.

I don't but actually it also looks like a good skill for this ship. 

Unless, of course, you are right and it makes it too fast.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I am unsure as I do not own the ship but it is on my 'to get' list, any chance you are willing to test it whilst you have free respec?

There is a thread about it somewhere will find it and link.

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
8 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Welcome to WGs wonderful UI where everything you need to know is either hidden or simply displayed wrong.

Also God help if you start actually testing stuff, because your results will regularly contradict whatever the UI tells you.

Tried the skill and I have no idea

- if it affects shots fired for the first 15s or only shots landing for the first 15s (rather big difference)

- if it refreshes after going unspotted  (island, smoke-puff or between plane spotting)

- if so, for how long one needs to be unspotted

- if it even works or when (no GUI icon)

I am pretty sure it is calculated when the shots are fired because that is when is determined where they will land. Ergo any shots fired within those 15 seconds will have worse dispersion, regardless that they land only after 25 seconds.

• Cool 1

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Yea, I saw one Yolo Emilio yesterday, playing around with that. Much too confident. He tried his one trick pony on my Ägir. Rumors has it, he is still counting his teeth :cap_look:

47 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Can you test this? With the free resetting right now, you can do it in 5 mins in a coop game. That would be interesting to know.

Players
2,323 posts
20,586 battles

I have only tried Dazzle on my shima thus far but it does help a little bit for those accidental moments of being spotted when you get over confident and bump into an enemy DD. 

I am not sure but I think it is also effective when spotted by a CV either that or I was exceedingly lucky bumping into appallingly bad CV players.

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
10 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

You're Wargaming consumer, all you're supposed to know are credit card credentials:cap_tea:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,774 posts
15,168 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yea, I saw one Yolo Emilio yesterday, playing around with that. Much too confident. He tried his one trick pony on my Ägir. Rumors has it, he is still counting his teeth :cap_look:

Can you test this? With the free resetting right now, you can do it in 5 mins in a coop game. That would be interesting to know.

Done. It works fine at 59.9 knots but at 60 knots you do out run your smoke. Your detection becomes 7.1 as soon as you reach 60.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RODS]
Players
1,813 posts
7,821 battles

I can from experience say that it works but it is not worth the 4 points

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles

Done. It works fine at 59.9 knots but at 60 knots you do out run your smoke. Your detection becomes 7.1 as soon as you reach 60.

Thats interesting. Thx for testing! I wonder if WG knows and if that is intended.

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles
44 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Thats interesting. Thx for testing! I wonder if WG knows and if that is intended.

60 knot warships, indeed.  What fresh madness is this? 

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

You are actually not activating the perk for yourself. You are measing with dispersion of your enemy. If anything, enemy should get some info too, since they're "dazzled".

Feel dazzled yet? :))

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,774 posts
15,168 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Lord Mountbatten says he’s ‘heard’ that Wargaming are going to fix it.

He also says Destroyers are the big winners of the commander skill rework. He desperately needs to play battleships less!

• Funny 1

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles

He also says Destroyers are the big winners of the commander skill rework.

Whats next? Cruiser are OP?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Lord Mountbatten says he’s ‘heard’ that Wargaming are going to fix it.

He also says Destroyers are the big winners of the commander skill rework. He desperately needs to play battleships less!

Ive seen some videos from other guys, the logic is astonishing at times

- BBs got nerfed because BBs got buffed

giphy.gif

Sign in to follow this