Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

A Quick European DD Skill Question

15 comments in this topic

Players
584 posts
3,828 battles

Hi guys,

For DD's that have the Repair Party consumables, but not enough commander points to chose two of the 3 skill point skills, would you prioritize 

A. Superintendent Expert

B. Survivability Expert

Not sure about this one. On one hand, SurvE gives more HP to a low HP DD which is always nice but on the other hand, SuperE gives an extra Repair Party by which to recover HP one extra time, plus an extra all other consumables too.

I haven't enough skill points to chose the essential Concealment Expert and both the above skills, so which one makes more sense? I'm kinda leaning towards SuperE tbh, since more consumables is really nice for a DD and hopefully can stay out of trouble in which to use them. Then again, I'm a bit of a noob so... advice please.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

advice please.

I think it's way too early to offer concrete advice, but FWIW this is my current test build (Smaland/Halland) at 19 points:

image.thumb.png.0d2cf1ad49c27be2cc1269a6a8177dea.png

At 21 points, my tentative plan is to swap Consumables out, and replace it with - probably - Dazzle.

Incidentally, I'm running Liquidator at the moment as I've been mainly playing Ranked lately, and Smaland (in particular) is a lot more useful if you can cause flooding more reliably; she's a magnificent DD killer, but needs all the help she can get against fatties.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Hi guys,

For DD's that have the Repair Party consumables, but not enough commander points to chose two of the 3 skill point skills, would you prioritize 

A. Superintendent Expert

B. Survivability Expert

Not sure about this one. On one hand, SurvE gives more HP to a low HP DD which is always nice but on the other hand, SuperE gives an extra Repair Party by which to recover HP one extra time, plus an extra all other consumables too.

I haven't enough skill points to chose the essential Concealment Expert and both the above skills, so which one makes more sense? I'm kinda leaning towards SuperE tbh, since more consumables is really nice for a DD and hopefully can stay out of trouble in which to use them. Then again, I'm a bit of a noob so... advice please.

SE, it will help even when heal is on cooldown

[GW_KR]
Players
376 posts
15,542 battles

Hi guys,

A. Superintendent Expert

B. Survivability Expert

I have gone with SI for the extra heal, extra speedboost and aa. The save in hp is roughly the same between the extra heal and the added hp. But as you get 2 more consumables in the bargain with SI..

Also... you can spec and respec your captain until the end of this patch as it is now, so you can try it out...

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
376 posts
15,542 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I think it's way too early to offer concrete advice, but FWIW this is my current test build (Smaland/Halland) at 19 points:

image.thumb.png.0d2cf1ad49c27be2cc1269a6a8177dea.png

At 21 points, my tentative plan is to swap Consumables out, and replace it with - probably - Dazzle.

Incidentally, I'm running Liquidator at the moment as I've been mainly playing Ranked lately, and Smaland (in particular) is a lot more useful if you can cause flooding more reliably; she's a magnificent DD killer, but needs all the help she can get against fatties.

I too go with liquidator on my EU captains. They need all extra damage! 
Am only 300000 fxp away from Småland!

• Cool 1

[THIR]
Players
951 posts
4,682 battles

SE because SI only helps you when you actually use the last charge of the repair party consumable. There are also better skills than SI for the Pan-EU DDs and you don't have unlimited skillpoints.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi guys,

A. Superintendent Expert

B. Survivability Expert

I'd take SE in a heartbeat, because it usually provides a cushion to reduce the chance that you get blapped outright. (BB he salvo or torps)
That being said, if you are somewhat strong and can usually make full use of all heals (and generally most consumables in your average game), take SI.
But since you say you are a "noob", SE is the safer choice.

When you can afford it though, there's not shame taking both.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

You need both, build in this order :

PM

LS

SE

CE

AR

SI

MBAAS

+ 2pt on whatever you want

That's debatable.
Wouldn't exactly say that Pan EU DDs have a set build that is written in stone.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
Just now, Hirohito said:

That's debatable.
Wouldn't exactly say that Pan EU DDs have a set build that is written in stone.

Agree, but every viable build will have both SE and SI. I can't think of a halland build that doesn't have both

• Cool 1

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

This is my 14 point Smaland Captain I have another 14 point Captain for Pan/EU which I am going to keep in reserve until I am happy with choices, reason I use superintendent instead of SE is that I feel it synergises better with AR, especially early game.

aptain skills1.jpg

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
921 posts
20,263 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

With a Dreadnought flag (+20% healing) the extra heal makes up for the loss in hp, so the net gain is the extra consumables (especially Def AA), which is nice.

Added benefits:

- your hp goes down faster, so you can make more use of Adrenaline Rush

- with an extra heal, you're more likely to achieve a Dreadnought award, perpetuating the virtuous cycle (and helping your other lines)

Added problems:

- you're more likely to die in the first gunfight

- you're more likely to get Dev-Struck by a torp

Clearly, Superintendent is higher risk, higher reward, so consider how good you are in the line at the tier you're playing.

I went for SE initially, but switched to SI later. While I'm pretty good with DDs, there were games where the change came back to bite me in the a**. A good buddy of mine went for both, giving up what used be BFT (better fire rate and AA). That's not wrong, either: EU DDs are slow and have no smoke, so safety first is a good approach.

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles

My 20 point Smaland build:

image.png.ecc5a1ce9ea7d69143523d5eca77e86d.png

I probably won't change survivability expert to superintendent. I don't really need the extra radar/speed boost charges. The heal would only slightly better when I use the last SI charge, and I usually lose the most HP in the first battle when other ships might join the red DD. I also experimented with dazzle instead of fearless brawler, but the extra DPM feels better. 21st skill would be the flooding chance, but I don't want to spend more elite CXP right now.