You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Finnster

Khaba with new captain rework

22 comments in this topic

Players
180 posts
23,626 battles

Cannot be fecked to work it all out so if someone coul post the best meme build that would be great.

also, WG, thanks for turning all my 19 pointers into non-elite XP earning puddings, you greedy feckers 

• Cool 6

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Best khaba build is not playing it because it's the worst light cruiser in the game. The ship is literally a smolensk that had its torpedoes and 2/3rds of its guns removed, why would you play it.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,131 posts
22,912 battles

Khaba got really smacked even worse than the other gunboats. BFT? Nerfed to the ground. Demolition Expert? Nerfed to the ground. Priority target? Not enough points. Adrenaline Rush? Expensive as hell.

You start with the fact that all 1p skills are $hit. Then you get the standard LS, SE, AFT. You can take SI. You can take Fearless Brawler a garbage 4p situational that gives you what was previously BFT for a higher price and only when spotted. A skill invented by an idiot with a spreadshit. 

Forget all gunboats save for French ones. ScumbagGaming strikes again.

PS: You can't get 50% of the previous build even with a 21p captain.

• Cool 8

[R3B3L]
Players
1,412 posts
32,651 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You can't get 50% of the previous build even with a 21p captain

y u lyin? wg said u no lose anything!!!!! u got more noww

The thing is: when the Transformer-gamb crates came, I bought a small one. 750 dubs, who cares. Got Khaba perma-camo 🤷‍♂️ So I´ll give it a try. Will keep an eye on this thread.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles

Well I had a go with 2 different builds yesterday, both worked ... I'll post them when I can log into the game later this evening ... but both are with the LM ... so YMMV ...

In he last build I actually used 3 4-point skills (CE, AFT and the new 10% reload when detected skill) instead of BFT ... with 21 points I will get in the 5% AP skill and it should be fine ...

The build with BFT+5% AP and no CE was also working, but I was luck to have decent radar cruisers so I could wipe the enemy DDs ... I kinda like the CE build better ... also no COnsumable expert, only 3 heals and speed boosts ...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,131 posts
22,912 battles
19 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

image.png.50bf113f075b9100148b9e9d660d97e7.png

image.png.4a6472ae2925f29730ac5f535b9a765b.png

Of course heal, not smoke ....

That's a spicy build. With everyone camping range you can easily farm people and DDs rushing you activate the reload. Very nice.

But wouldn't SI work better instead of heavy AP and one of the 1p skills?

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
20 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

image.png.50bf113f075b9100148b9e9d660d97e7.png

image.png.4a6472ae2925f29730ac5f535b9a765b.png

Of course heal, not smoke ....

Given UU reduces consumable duration, you'd be better off with smoke - shorter lasting heal recovers less health, while shorter duration smoke means smaller smoke area, without affecting its duration

And then Concealment I find questionable, SI+PT instead Camo+IFA would make tad more sense IMO.

[MBHH]
Players
789 posts
Am 22.1.2021 um 17:15, Aragathor sagte:

Khaba got really smacked even worse than the other gunboats. BFT? Nerfed to the ground. Demolition Expert? Nerfed to the ground. Priority target? Not enough points. Adrenaline Rush? Expensive as hell.

So why is Khaba even worse? All these nerfs affect the other gunboats as well... 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,131 posts
22,912 battles
7 minutes ago, Trench4nt said:

So why is Khaba even worse? All these nerfs affect the other gunboats as well... 

Other gunboats don't have cruiser level rudder shift and a much worse max range than the T9.

Khaba before the skill rework was already bad, compared to ships like Kleber. You could still make her work with the right skills, I did by using BFT, DE, and SI to maximize the firepower and survivability.

Now you can't even go there, as the skills were nerfed.

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, Trench4nt said:

Given Khaba was effectively on the bottom of "gunboat pile" to begin with, global nerf in shape of more limited skill selection doesn't really help her there.

And then all other "gunboats" besides Kleber are also viable torpedoboats.

• Cool 1

[2PTS]
Players
266 posts
42,721 battles

maybe try this is the closest i can get to 3.4 reload   but its 21 point captain :P heal ofc

image.thumb.png.42171164dea50e87e2d7b0bafa64e66d.png

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles
34 minutes ago, surfer_gr said:

maybe try this is the closest i can get to 3.4 reload   but its 21 point captain :P heal ofc

swap GtG for PM. you don't need faster turrets but losing engine and rudder even with LS is fatal ...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

That's a spicy build. With everyone camping range you can easily farm people and DDs rushing you activate the reload. Very nice.

But wouldn't SI work better instead of heavy AP and one of the 1p skills?

most games these days are over before I get to the 3rd heal or I get focused and die faster :-) I rarely run out of heals ...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Given UU reduces consumable duration, you'd be better off with smoke - shorter lasting heal recovers less health, while shorter duration smoke means smaller smoke area, without affecting its duration

And then Concealment I find questionable, SI+PT instead Camo+IFA would make tad more sense IMO.

Note the Brawler skill, smoke would be counter-productive as the build works only when shooting in the open ...

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
292 posts
14,650 battles

Khab's problem is that even if you pile on the ruddershift mods, you're not nimble enough. BBS will whack from range without issue.

She really is a challenge to play at the moment.

[MBHH]
Players
789 posts
Vor 58 Minuten, surfer_gr sagte:

If you want to go for an open water gunboat built, then switch concealment with AR and PM.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,069 battles
1 hour ago, surfer_gr said:

A question: isn't it a bit of 4 points waste taking CE after you select FB? In this situation wouldn't it be better, expecially for who has not the Epic Module, to slap CSM1 module and use the 4 points for Pyrotecnician and AP shells or Superintendent?

[2PTS]
Players
266 posts
42,721 battles

well khaba is beter for me to play it on the edge of the 13 to 15kms and in the open when dealing with bbs and crusers well unfortunatelly had to take the new skill before the rework i was playing with 9.7 conselment now i play with 9.2 so iam used to this at least now i can spot a zao before they spot me LOL before usd to play it with adrenaline rush and ifhe this is scrapted well ib some cases when you block a cap some dds have a tendency to come arround and push therefore the turret turn is essential in those cases oks br#oken engines etc you have the module 20% yes +30 to fo to 50 is fine but in my 5k+ battles with khaba turning speed was often more helpfull in finishing targets specially since i kite a lot

image.png.e2213accb94b2dde244d7bdb66144a1b.png

without ce your conselament goes to 10.2 kms with bf

btw i test the builts in ranked lols rodays battles with khaba in ranked image.thumb.png.43464b9364595722121c2cfd09d16cc2.png

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles
54 minutes ago, RambaRal said:

A question: isn't it a bit of 4 points waste taking CE after you select FB? In this situation wouldn't it be better, expecially for who has not the Epic Module, to slap CSM1 module and use the 4 points for Pyrotecnician and AP shells or Superintendent?

The main idea is to not be outspotted by cruisers ... with 10.2 concealment a Worcester or Mino can seriously ruin your day if they get the jump on you ... with 9.2 you have some chance to start kiting away before they see you ...

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,069 battles
26 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The main idea is to not be outspotted by cruisers ... with 10.2 concealment a Worcester or Mino can seriously ruin your day if they get the jump on you ... with 9.2 you have some chance to start kiting away before they see you ...

Understandable, that's why I was wondering if it was more worth to gain 9.x concealement via module and save the 4 points for something else.

[2PTS]
Players
266 posts
42,721 battles
1 minute ago, RambaRal said:

Understandable, that's why I was suggesting to gain 9.x concealement via module and save the 4 points for something else.

you cant you have to remove the legendary for that that gives you the range