You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BunnyKill4h

Massachusetts RIP

60 comments in this topic

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,964 posts
6,482 battles
2 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

I mean camping in the back isnt ofc something i would ever do. But shell travel time is not the reason for this. 

Same, but it is one of the reasons why it is a bad idea to for sure. Longer time the shell takes to get from where it's fired to where it's going to land is more time for the target to take steps to not be where the shell lands after all..

[MMI-C]
Players
7 posts
6,156 battles
14 hours ago, Am_Staff said:

Anyone have a Good build for the massachusetts  yet ? 

That's what I'm currently experimenting:

- t1: Walmart JoAT for faster heal and damage con cooldown

- t2: Priority target

- t3: secondary range/adrenaline rush

- t4: brawling skill for faster secondary pew-pew and faster gun reload while in secondary range/fire prevention because we know why/superintendent because Massa is all about the crazy heals and not only this new superintendent will give 1 more charge, it also increases the effective amount of HP regained

No concealment as you can see. I got a kraken and 166k damage first time I tried this, in a full t8 game. Lots of fires thanks to secondaries spraying reds all over instead of targeting the belt. Good fun.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
15 hours ago, badboybk said:

Can you guys suggest new captain build for Massa?

14 hours ago, Am_Staff said:

Anyone have a Good build for the massachusetts  yet ? 

I did run this in ranked

image.png.2eab2212489a08a2266e3b079cd20687.png

Works well imo, i think better than before. Last 3 points id take AR, but i didnt buff to 21pts.

Extra heal or FP is imo personal choice, either is fine in my book. I took FP because i couldnt take BoS.

Could also take PT instead of turret traverse.

• Cool 3

[_MO_]
Players
94 posts
4,079 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I did run this in ranked

image.png.2eab2212489a08a2266e3b079cd20687.png

Works well imo, i think better than before. Last 3 points id take AR, but i didnt buff to 21pts.

Extra heal or FP is imo personal choice, either is fine in my book. I took FP because i couldnt take BoS.

Could also take PT instead of turret traverse.

I found the exact same build to work very well for German bb's also. 

FP is needed cause of he spam. 

In general I hate the deadeye skill tbh. I'm not using it anywhere. If I'm not picking that secondary build, I'd go for full concealment tank build. 

Players
232 posts
8,833 battles
On 1/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, Setterus said:

Reduces yes, killed no. 

You can't rely only to your secondaries. 

I'm still running her in ranked with success. 

But, without it's secondaries it's kinda just an inaccurate north cal with better heal and economy...

[_MO_]
Players
94 posts
4,079 battles
3 hours ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

But, without it's secondaries it's kinda just an inaccurate north cal with better heal and economy...

As mentioned before in this topic, massa is awesome even without its secondaries. For example have you ever try to make it a main gun oriented ship? Pick aiming systems instead of auxiliary armaments? Those 406 are really good :cap_rambo:

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Extra heal

My initial thoughts about that skill was extra heal for 4 points, but it also makes every heal 10% better. So it's actually extra 1,5 heals for 4 points.

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,920 battles

Tested the Massa yesterday, which was also my first BB game with the new skills.
The secondaries still work against BBs, but are iffy against cruisers and generally don't hit DDs anymore.

I was however very disappointed by how the skill system works.
Atm there are way too many skills that have to be taken for a secondary build, so much that you have to sacrifice absolutely everything to get a "secondary build".

While you had to sacrifice some before as well (like foregoing either FP or CE), I felt that it was a choice on my part.
With the removal of SI and the introduction of the 4 point +1 heal charge skill (cannot remember what its called), the amount of necessary 4 point skills are ridiculous.
I can't even afford AR anymore!

And while there is that really nice -10% reload speed when inside your concealment range (which I usually always am in a Massa), thats another 4 points to spend, points that have to be spent for either mansecs, +1 heal charge, FP or CE.
And all of these skills are vital for brawling.
As a brawler you are at the front line, and more than any other BB, you need some of those tanking skills, as well as stuff like AR (since you are closer, you are usually low on health)
So currently we need to choose between secondary skills, "brawling" skills (-10% reload and AR), as well as survivability skills.

Contrast this to long range sniping BBs.
They have some really good choices for skills, and have a large degree of flexibility.
Sitting further back you are in less need of tanking skills, so you can keep investing into nonsense like Dead Eye and damage skills.

TL;DR: Brawling BBs need to have several of these skills baked into one another, as you are constantly lacking for points.
As a brawler you need survivability, but that sacrifices most (if not all) of the skills that boost your secondaries or brawling skills.
Ranged snipers get too much flexibility on the other hand.

• Cool 1