Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZWC

Outnumbered cruiser skill works?

7 comments in this topic

[-NYX-]
Players
270 posts
8,976 battles

Well I've seen some videos last weeks about the upcoming now live update.
More or less everything was showed. how , what, buffs and nerfs.
And was there some renaming done?

One skill however does still interest me.
Outnumbered!
When it was called "Brawler" 
It is shown how useless it will be...
How broken and impossible to activate.
Or was it just the name that's wrong? (when it was brawler)

Now I didn't try it out yet.
But from the first moment I saw some video's where they tried hard to get it to activate it in game,... I though, "I think it works differently".

Well isn't it a skill for the losing team...
Or just for the end-game.
Or a skill at the tipping-point. 
Brawler implies a bold attacker.... but in WoWs that is a bit brainless.
Now it's named "outnumbered" it makes more sense but it still isn't going to work if you get this lemming train with you.  

more spotted enemies in fire-range as Allies....
this is hard in the begin of the battle,...
And this is difficult if your team follow you in a successful brawler push.
But,
if your team is not so successful and along the way you lose more and more allies....

Will it not come to a point that there actually are more spotted enemies in your circle as allies?

in split attacks you might loose one wing... 
So even if your team is on the winning you might loose one flank.
Now if you are part of that flank.... how sad it may be,.. it might just activate that skill..

Perfect on Roon.... more turrets on back-deck , suddenly getting 8% more speed for retreading while 10% boost on the fire-rate.. leaving the losing flank while re-joining the horde.
Or perfect as "outnumbered" .... where 2 or 3 vs. 5 or 6 still can be a win-game.
but surely it must activate as " last man standing " where you are last of your team....  in the right combo you may get a win out of that reload....

So, is it broken and a waste of 4 points.... as it was shown so many times on videos.
Can anybody confirm it's working fine if you always are a top player in the losing team.

[-NYX-]
Players
270 posts
8,976 battles

So let us know if any has some info about this skill...
for I can't see much use for it.
As only working in end game and your team is losing.

• Boring 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles

Imagine people sleeping at night.

otherwise, I don't see the point for Outnumbered - cruisers rarely have accuracy issues to warrant improving it, especially with such specific skill.

If you want meme build that makes bit more sense, then forgo Concealment and go with Top Grade Gunner. Heck, you can even put Heavy HE/SAP shells for concealment debuff, to keep reload bonus active for as long as possible. And requirement is enemy spotted, not you being spotted, so you still can sit in safety of an island or smoke.

[-NYX-]
Players
270 posts
8,976 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

then forgo Concealment and go with Top Grade Gunner. Heck, you can even put Heavy HE/SAP shells for concealment debuff, to keep reload bonus active for as long as possible. And requirement is enemy spotted, not you being spotted, so you still can sit in safety of an island or smoke.

I know of this, but here I am talking about Outnumbered.

Like it was tested as totally broken,.. and not getting activated even if tried hard.

Players
199 posts
3,124 battles

This skill is frankly a waste of points.

The situations it activates in are so bad, it isn't worth it. 

As mentioned already - it is nearly impossible to reliably activate this skill, making it way too situational. And even when it works... The bonuses are of dubious utility at best. 

Basically - it will only activate if your flank is being rushed and enemy is detected, or when you are already loosing either the flank or the game. The point is - with abysmal survivability of cruisers, these situations are always a death sentence, or at best a signal to cease fire and run.

The skill is seemingly designed to rush the enemy, but with meta favouring sniping more than ever, this is a suicide skill. The problem is - accuracy buff on cruisers is generally hardly relevant. And mobility bonus will cease to work the very second you either approach your allies or lose contact with the enemy, making it useless if you are pursued. 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles

The skill is the secret Flint buff. Otherwise I cannot imagine it working. Every other cruiser has too much gun range.

Oh and since your allies are ALWAYS visible to you and enemies not, you cannot control or force the activation of that skill in any way.

Even the Kraken talent of Yamamoto is triggered more often ....

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this