Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaravellaCaravan

Genova, Exeter or Graf Spee. Which one should i get with my doubloons?

15 comments in this topic

Players
38 posts
1,247 battles

Hi, i'm looking for Tier 5-6 premium cruisers. I'm only playing Co-op and wonder which one is the best. Is Graf Spee has same guns as Scharnhorst. If it's, i wouldn't get it because i'm already have Scharnhorst. 

I like Genova's design and it's pretty looking ship. Exeter has history.

Which one should i get in terms of performance against bots?

Thanks.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,332 posts
7,880 battles

Forget Genova !!

Exeter is one of the best T5 cruisers : very good guns, decent torps, moves well and has a heal.

Garf Spee is nice but it has german guns so precision is not expected, but it is overall ok and can be quite fun in Operations.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,131 posts
22,912 battles

As a COOP player I'd say Exeter for performance. Genova is too squishy.

Plus you can use the Exeter captain on  a British heavy cruiser with 0 change.

If you like history, London at T6 is also pretty unique.

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles

Exeter would be the best from these three.

Genova have brutally slow reload of 20s for 8gun 203mm broadside, Graf Spee feels positively undergunned with same 20s reload and only 6 guns, coupled with not that good dispersion.

And for bots, neither will produce any meaningful economy gains, because coop is not meant to be profitable for players.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

For coop, id actually take Genova. Its hilarious, because of the torps - reload is 47 seconds, and you have 4 launchers

Or Graf Spee. I wouldnt take Exeter actually, reload is too bad. Genova has also bad reload, but the torps make up for that.

[TF]
Players
121 posts
2,074 battles

Graf Spee guns are not the same as Scharnhorst, the AP penetration is much lower but the dispersion is a bit better.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

Genova is a floating Citadel and slow reload, Graf Spee is ridiculosly slow and slow reload, decent range though, Exeter is very good.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,659 posts
19,113 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

For coop, id actually take Genova. Its hilarious, because of the torps - reload is 47 seconds, and you have 4 launchers

It's a brilliantly silly ship for derping around in Co-op, and I love it to bits for that.  But Graf Spee is the ship for proper gameplay - you just have better tools to work with than either of the other two. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles
1 hour ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

Which one should i get in terms of performance against bots?

Purely against bots, I like Spee a lot, although I haven't checked her out with the new captain skills etc. yet. She also has the merit of being excellent for Ops, and - if you're feeling slightly extravagant - the 'National' permaflage dramatically improves her silver earning potential.

Exeter is also very good, although I think her skill floor is higher (I have a friend who does excellently in her); she also has the plus point of being able to make CVs regret their life choices better than most other T5s.

I have Genova, but don't play her very much - I have far more interesting things to take out instead...

• Cool 2

Players
1,072 posts

Spee is the only one I've played, but I'd echo the points made above that she's a better investment as you can play most Ops in her as well, which adds some variety and nice rewards to the Co-op grind while still involving combat against (slightly more capable) bots.

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,401 battles

Exeter is the best, and just a joy to play.

• Cool 1

Players
510 posts
11,261 battles

If your solely playing co op then truthfully it doesn’t really matter , all 3 can kill bots quite happily. However if you eventually move into random then Exeter is far superior,like a mini Belfast.

Sign in to follow this