You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Massas secondaries - same as before, or maybe even slightly better

17 comments in this topic

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Have played a couple of ranked to see how it would turn out, and i dont see much of a difference. One might even say, i had more luck with secondaries shooting both sides and they did start fires because of that. Also i think, secondaries seem to start faster now, sometimes it took some time for them to start shooting, which i dunno why that was.

These 2 are the games i played today

image.png.6f1c22ab5c389310603425daaf96eed2.png

image.png.c1fcf46ab1d2bc1bcd72ada5dc11fa96.png (actually shot HE here aswell, which caused 2 fires i think)

And here some examples from before

image.png.a94b997a088ec59ef14379e0ed8db178.png

image.png.f0c36414d18362ecb561ccea0a5a50d7.png

image.png.aafbfb4fcfc8e6ac9ce7183a30e9801d.png

image.png.da63887b5fd2a3eeab2f4b2ea50bd036.png

image.png.7c8b082cdf4e71a4b6d134f85f097648.png

One benefit is ofc if you take top grade gunner you get a benefit for secondaries AND mainbattery.

Downside, cant have AR/SI/FP as before. I currently went without AR, because id need to buff it to 21 pts, so i rather took the 1pt DE instead (might explain me getting more fires). I also took FP instead of SI, because not getting 2 fires in the superstructure might basicly be the same as having an extra heal. Alltho with Massa, its definetely possible to use all heals, so not sure about that one yet.

Edit

image.png.71958debd8eb6ee5339a3c4f2c4b8a72.png

Thats what i am running now

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
397 posts
7,482 battles

Looks good, for Georgia would you go Dead Eye instead of manual secondaries as the guns are pretty damn good to start with and hit hard?

Players
404 posts
5,272 battles

its just wrong sorry

you hit less

you cant use this examples as after a patch people try stuff and yolo ... its just a fact that they hit less its a nerf of 60% to 35% its huge.

while same time sniping BB got buffed, and you can basicly not take a single tank build on the secondary ships so ...

no massa is very very much worse

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[IDDQD]
Players
764 posts
15,803 battles

i can live w/o BoS, but with just 4 heals, you can burn though that in 5mins 

i would maybe take 5 heals skill instead of one secondary one, but can't decide if CQC or Secondary Aiming would be better

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
397 posts
7,482 battles
6 minutes ago, ColorsOfRainbows said:

its just wrong sorry

you hit less

you cant use this examples as after a patch people try stuff and yolo ... its just a fact that they hit less its a nerf of 60% to 35% its huge.

while same time sniping BB got buffed, and you can basicly not take a single tank build on the secondary ships so ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the good accuracy with manual secondary skill mean that under a certain range it would aim at the center of the ship and just hit the armor belt doing less damage overall?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
10 minutes ago, ColorsOfRainbows said:

its just wrong sorry

you hit less

I wanted to quote you in the other thread, but since you came here, then i rather talk here because its about Massa.

Did you play Massa after the patch?

I know people have played Massa without manual secondaries even before the rework, and they did well enough. Massas already has very accurate secondaries, they hit well even with the 35% bonus. Even if you hit a bit less, which you probably wont because they basicly hit all the time if you target a Cruiser or BB, you still get the benefit from top grade gunner skill. Faster reload = same outcome even if you maybe hit less. And then you also get faster mainbattery reload, which is much more reliable then secondaries anyway.

I think its questionable saying, examples are useless if you havent tested it yourself (according to stats site, you didnt play Massa today)

15 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Looks good, for Georgia would you go Dead Eye instead of manual secondaries as the guns are pretty damn good to start with and hit hard?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XfsIIbyORQAxgOE-ao_nVSP8_fpa1igg0t48pXZFIu0/preview?pru=AAABd0mcphU*FeFkuF3UeUPxxR8eN37_Jw

Page 53 is Georgia. They dont recommend Manual sec, but say you could use Dead-eye instead of SI.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,494 posts
23,910 battles

How do you find the range now? I have been bothered by it to be honest.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

How do you find the range now? I have been bothered by it to be honest.

? Secondary range didnt change?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,494 posts
23,910 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

? Secondary range didnt change?

Did Massa fall under the "If a ship's standard secondary battery firing range was originally higher, it will not be decreased." exception from the patch notes?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Did Massa fall under the "If a ship's standard secondary battery firing range was originally higher, it will not be decreased." exception from the patch notes?

Yep, still 11,3km

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
397 posts
7,482 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XfsIIbyORQAxgOE-ao_nVSP8_fpa1igg0t48pXZFIu0/preview?pru=AAABd0mcphU*FeFkuF3UeUPxxR8eN37_Jw

Page 53 is Georgia. They dont recommend Manual sec, but say you could use Dead-eye instead of SI.

Thanks very much for the link, makes sense and nice to see more variation as a result of all this, although I may be burned as a heretic for saying this :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[TF]
Players
159 posts
2,417 battles

I can't decide with 14 points, have to pick 2 skills between buffed reload in sec range, -35% dispersion, fire prevention, or +1 heal (dont forget +10% heal duration as well, adds up on 5 heals).

Massa can go through 5 heals almost every game, losing that ability for secondaries memes is questionable.

tanky build would be FP + heal

meme build -35% + reload

or a mix of the above, add AR with 17 points... I think I'll try all setups to decide whats best.

edit : I played the Massa without FP before this update, double superstructure fires did not happen that often honestly, still I would like to take it.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
20 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

i can live w/o BoS, but with just 4 heals, you can burn though that in 5mins 

i would maybe take 5 heals skill instead of one secondary one, but can't decide if CQC or Secondary Aiming would be better

I think the buff from CQC (totaly messing up the names here, because i dont know them, and only wowsft has them but they are wrong) is too good to forego. If you want to be in secondary range, you definetely need to have that one. Whether or not to take manual sec is personal preference i suppose, but i kinda like having FP, especially without running BoS.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, meuhbat said:

I can't decide with 14 points, have to pick 2 skills between buffed reload in sec range, -35% dispersion, fire prevention, or +1 heal (dont forget +10% heal duration as well, adds up on 5 heals).

Massa can go through 5 heals almost every game, losing that ability for secondaries memes is questionable.

I know, thats why the decision is really hard. I often tend to use all heals, but in these 2 games i played today i didnt (or couldnt).

I guess with 14 pt id take either SI or FP (which ever you prefer) and then CQC.

[TF]
Players
159 posts
2,417 battles

I was also considering getting AR before CQC and taking only one 4pointer until I reach 17pts, as soon as you reach mid-health the bonus is equivalent and gets better at low health, and it applies also outside of secondaries ranges, and on AA, so it is more all-rounder I think ?

AR has always been very powerful, it's hard to leave it aside for a situational buff in secondaries range :cap_hmm:

edit : lol we actually can pick very different builds like WG wanted, because they split the perks into more skills so we can't have everything at once anymore :Smile_trollface:

edit : Flamu tried this build on stream, I would take EM instead of PT and heal instead of concealement, and that would be a strong build with lower accuracy.

Untitled.png

[IDDQD]
Players
764 posts
15,803 battles
41 minutes ago, meuhbat said:

edit : Flamu tried this build on stream, I would take EM instead of PT and heal instead of concealement, and that would be a strong build with lower accuracy.

Untitled.png

yes, thats what i settled with for Massa/Georgia and Ohio

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, meuhbat said:

That is indeed quite a hard call, I find myself in the same position.