You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

WG its time you fix the "shells are landing short" bug

71 comments in this topic

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles

Yep, had it today, just saw it on a stream too.

Don´t even notice it really, if it happens several times in a row I ALT+F4.

WG doesn´t care, why should I.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,588 posts
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Pretty much self explanatory.

Happening all the time even at very short ranges.

Wont even bother sending the replay, just watch a few streamers having it all the time...

Oh c'mon. Two perfect salvoes with grouping at broadsite cruiser, yet 0 pens.  Fun. :Smile_playing:

Goes perfect along with crates... I mean... 'surprise mechanics TM'! :Smile_trollface:

Or chat! Either I suceed with sending message... Or I do not!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
8 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Oh c'mon. Two perfect salvoes with grouping at broadsite cruiser, yet 0 pens.  Fun. :Smile_playing:

Goes perfect along with crates... I mean... 'surprise mechanics TM'! :Smile_trollface:

Or chat! Either I suceed with sending message... Or I do not!

I've seen ships eat all the shells - O hits recorded. Wont even report that one, because they will say its desync.

I can't send any messages. Guess why. After 2 months clean I bitched in two games and I got to sit in the naughty for three weeks.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Last night I had Missouri in Narai shooting me from 5 km - full salvo falling short at least twice:)

We all know that BOTS don't miss, so apparently even they are affected. as well.

He asked me to file a complaint on his behalf.

• Funny 6

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,460 posts
7,193 battles

You could also compensate for their shitty lock on. They made an programming error a year ago. Either deselect it when a ship is stopping and reversing or overcompensate.

For some reason the Lock On is doing way too much and is too slow on responding when changes happen to the target.

Perhaps they should just bring back the old lock on which compensated less.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
41 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Last night I had Missouri in Narai shooting me from 5 km - full salvo falling short at least twice:)

We all know that BOTS don't miss, so apparently even they are affected. as well.

He asked me to file a complaint on his behalf.

Is it me or is it horrible since the patch?

My shells fall short basicly all the time. Even aiming very high, which is way too high and was previously enough even when a ship was within like 1-3kts, my shells still landed short all the time

One game with kutuzov:

- an almost stopped Georgia, i shot ABOVE the height of the bow (so basicly where the turrets are) and ALL shells splashed into the water below him

- A stopping Marceau, i shot mid high, everything fell short

- A Neptune coming at me at an angle, i shot waterline because Neptune has elevated citadel and he was close, so i thought even if it hits a bit higher its still ok - 10 shells fell into the water

- A straightlining Halland at 6-7km, i shot, 10 shells splashed into the water.

Ontop of that i saw my division buddy shoot a DD in his DD from the side, and his shells fell like half a km short in the water

Ive also seen several salvos against me falling short when moving very slowly :cap_fainting:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
42 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

You could also compensate for their shitty lock on. They made an programming error a year ago. Either deselect it when a ship is stopping and reversing or overcompensate.

For some reason the Lock On is doing way too much and is too slow on responding when changes happen to the target.

Perhaps they should just bring back the old lock on which compensated less.

Doubt its lockon.

I tend to lockon, shoot and lockon to something else - repeat (just so the target feels safe not seeing the indicator while shells are in the air)....

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,460 posts
7,193 battles
6 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Doubt its lockon.

I tend to lockon, shoot and lockon to something else - repeat (just so the target feels safe not seeing the indicator while shells are in the air)....

But if you lock-on and shoot than your aim is being adjusted by the lock on. When you shoot without lock-on nothing should adjust your aim.

I could be wrong, but I always thought it was the lock-on overcompensating. I really feel like they gave Lock-On numerous buffs to make aiming easier for the general public.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

But if you lock-on and shoot than your aim is being adjusted by the lock on. When you shoot without lock-on nothing should adjust your aim.

I could be wrong, but I always thought it was the lock-on overcompensating. I really feel like they gave Lock-On numerous buffs to make aiming easier for the general public.

Once your shells are in the air lockon mechanics has no influence on your shells anymore.

All im trying to say is that i lockon-off many times when engaging an enemy, yet my shells are still landing short (like a ship lenght short) even on broadside stationary target...

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,460 posts
7,193 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Once your shells are in the air lockon mechanics has no influence on your shells anymore.

I know, that is what I am trying to tell you.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
13 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

I know, that is what I am trying to tell you.

Apparently I misunderstood you then :)

Players
1,328 posts
20,957 battles

I'm not sure if it also happened in other matches, but during a qualification for gold last evening it was really blatant: low HP Montana slightly angled away and moving slow, I aim at the point of the bow so the shells should've been landing somewhere at the mid-aft. All salvoes fall short but from my PoV their splashes are aligned with the intended place of landing. I aim higher, about two main decks high, and then a couple of shells hit but ricochet, meaning that the plunging fire from my Minotaur is only now barely reaching. I usually have to aim that high when the target is sailing away at full speed and a steep angle (>45º) or when I already got everything right and adjust for punishing the superstructure.

Salute.

[-5D-]
Players
498 posts
4,445 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I'm not sure if it also happened in other matches, but during a qualification for gold last evening it was really blatant: low HP Montana slightly angled away and moving slow, I aim at the point of the bow so the shells should've been landing somewhere at the mid-aft. All salvoes fall short but from my PoV their splashes are aligned with the intended place of landing. I aim higher, about two main decks high, and then a couple of shells hit but ricochet, meaning that the plunging fire from my Minotaur is only now barely reaching. I usually have to aim that high when the target is sailing away at full speed and a steep angle (>45º) or when I already got everything right and adjust for punishing the superstructure.

Salute.

I concur, just finished a match after a couple weeks away and suddenly all the shots are falling short when I'm aiming where I used to. Not impressed with another [edited] update from WG. 

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,322 battles

Shells falling short is not a bug, OP. It's clever reality from WG. Clearly, the enemy fire has damaged your range finding equipment - it's just a hidden reality buff/nerf so WG can claim WoWS is actually a historical simulation. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NECRO]
Players
3,123 posts

I literally missed 10 out of 12 shots of my Fuso at another broadside Fuso at 1.8 km. Not once, but three consecutive times within 2 minutes. Do I need Deadeye for ranges over 1km now? :Smile_ohmy:

Players
3,970 posts
20,132 battles
On 1/21/2021 at 3:22 PM, nambr9 said:

Wont even bother sending the replay, just watch a few streamers having it all the time...

Nah. Pumping out new premium ships, CV cr.pwork etc. are way to go. Fixing existing bugs isnt. Even if there have been in the game for years.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,123 posts

I also have the feeling that Adrenaline Rush is bugged with some ships. Some show the normal reload time if I check with ctrl+mousover, but the countdown on the ammo icon is lower, like it should be. Some show the normal reload time, but the countdown gets NOT lower, and the reload does not get any faster even if my HP is at 5%. :Smile_sceptic:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,932 posts
21,674 battles

According to WG the bug doesn't exist. And what doesn't exist cannot be fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,882 posts
9,489 battles
Alle 21/1/2021 alle 15:22, nambr9 ha scritto:

game mechanic, git gud.

Your sincerely,

:fish_viking:

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Automatic once a week "bump".

This is an automated system, designed to let WG know the bug is still around :)

• Cool 4

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

> aim at ship centre silhouette

> ship is 10km away

> -10 or so meters for half the width of target

> lockon system: "i see you want to shoot 9990 meters"

> shells go right into water because lockon system forgets target elevation is a thing.