You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Prophecy82

Stupid skills lead to a stupid meta.

48 comments in this topic

Players
1,859 posts
23,183 battles

So I checked out a farmbot-Hindi-Build.

stupid.thumb.jpg.d510d922cde4bda2076aab047284a203.jpg

Damage-wise this is great... concealment-wise its abysmal. 

Which leads to back-row DMG farming. There are a lot of other ships which can do the same, like HIV, Yoshino, Nevski....

Nice Meta you are creating here, WG. Everybody stay back and farm. Same is true for Gunboats/Gunheavy Hybrids. 

Abushes are gone, flanking is gone... well even more then before (tnx CV-Rework). 

Only bow-in farming stupidity remains.... and I havent touched Eagle Eyed yet. 

• Cool 22
  • Funny 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
13 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

Which leads to back-row DMG farming. There are a lot of other ships which can do the same, like HIV, Yoshino, Nevski....

Nice Meta you are creating here, WG. Everybody stay back and farm. Same is true for Gunboats/Gunheavy Hybrids. 

Abushes are gone, flanking is gone... well even more then before (tnx CV-Rework). 

so what's changed game play wise from 0.9.12? that's what those ships did anyway (except the torp rush and die in 2 minute Yoshino's you met occasionally)

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

I have similar build on Drake right now and its outright hilarious... :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,859 posts
23,183 battles
10 minutes ago, Salentine said:

so what's changed game play wise from 0.9.12? that's what those ships did anyway (except the torp rush and die in 2 minute Yoshino's you met occasionally)

Pre 0.10.0 I could "dive" a bit deeper and give better support for DDs due to lower concealment. 

Now you want a worse concealment so that reload-buff kicks in more often and more reliable.  

• Cool 2

Players
1,859 posts
23,183 battles
10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I have similar build on Drake right now and its outright hilarious... :Smile_trollface:

Got "confederate" before I procced Lütjens 120 hits buff. :cap_haloween:

Players
199 posts
3,124 battles

What basically changed is that BBs can sit further in the back and be accurate.

Cruisers can't build for firepower without hampering their concealment. This also means that their safety buffer in form of concealment is smaller than ever - basically - cruisers are now even easier to delete if they want to keep up in terms of firepower.

DDs have better tool to stay hidden with the skill that improves their speed while undetected and some decent torp buffs.

I won't even mention carrier skills - some of them are abusrd.

Long story short - everything seems to get stretched closer to the map borders.

• Cool 9

[M_T_R]
Players
462 posts
25,522 battles
1 hour ago, Prophecy82 said:

Abushes are gone, flanking is gone

I have to disagree! Posted the screenshots already in the german forum:

I actually managed to sneak up to the enemy Parseval in ranked. Sent him to Davy Jones` Locker at point blank range.:Smile_trollface:

As a matter of fact, it turned out he was quite a decent CV-player with good damage numbers (70k average in ranked).

I admit, I was lucky there too but imho you still can pull off ambushes/sneak attacks. If the CV is occupied elsewhere that is. :cap_haloween:

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
1 hour ago, Prophecy82 said:

The meta was always there, it just went from "range builds optional" to "range builds mandatory ".

So finally, after years, WG finally managed to keep a promise: they promised that the commander skill rework will change the meta and it did! From a 80% campfest to a 100% campfest. 

And oh boy, i wish they had lied.

• Cool 11

Players
1,859 posts
23,183 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The meta was always there, it just went from "range builds optional" to "range builds mandatory ".

So finally, after years, WG finally managed to keep a promise: they promised that the commander skill rework will change the meta and it did! From a 80% campfest to a 100% campfest. 

And oh boy, i wish they had lied.

True that. sadly...

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

backline camping would go away real fast if the 3x multiplier on shell velocities was toned down.

bow camping would go away real fast if dispersion wasnt sideways, and shell arcs where steeper.

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,421 posts
32,685 battles

The new meta seems to be "If you can see the enemy, you are too close"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[R3B3L]
Players
1,421 posts
32,685 battles
5 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

backline camping would go away real fast if the 3x multiplier on shell velocities was toned down.

bow camping would go away real fast if dispersion wasnt sideways, and shell arcs where steeper.

eh eh, are you asking for more realism? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

WE are telling them this all the time ... but like they said ... we are 5%. 

Average potatoes (95%) actually want this.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
6 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

eh eh, are you asking for more realism? :Smile_trollface:

asking for better gameplay thats based more on player ability and player action than it is on cartoon game mechanics.

that this aligns with 'more realism' is just a coincidence.

oh what a game this would be if ability to predict a target, and ability to manoeuvre where considered skills, rather than playing peek-a-boo at 4kts.

2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Average potatoes (95%) actually want this.

im about as average potato as you can get, and i hate all of this.

i think its a misconceived train wreck akin to rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
50 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

asking for better gameplay thats based more on player ability and player action than it is on cartoon game mechanics.

that this aligns with 'more realism' is just a coincidence.

oh what a game this would be if ability to predict a target, and ability to manoeuvre where considered skills, rather than playing peek-a-boo at 4kts.

im about as average potato as you can get, and i hate all of this.

i think its a misconceived train wreck akin to rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

You are not.

Average potato does not communicate in chat, does not watch WoWS content and does not participate on forums.

• Cool 1

Players
386 posts
12,134 battles

it's already taking hold, just had a couple games where half the teams were just hugigng the borders 10min in sniping each other. 

I mean on the other hand what WG does here is only consistent with the way the game has been going for a long time now. cruisers that show their face even for a few seconds get instagibbed, DDs are harassed to no end by the CVs and all that is left is if you dont wanna get into the CV mess is play the potato class, BBs. 
This is all driven by WGs drive for profits, survivability in terms of sheer health and the ability to snipe is what WG wants to deliver to the potatoes, after all, a 45% player wont have a good time in a wooster or kleber since that would require skill to play. So they give them this. This all started with the British BBs who, imo, were a lot worse for the overall meta than the CV rework. Basically these things are meant to camp at the back and make it easy to farm damage. And everything else WG did recently goes in this direction. 

for me, im done, i've sat through CV rework and been around for 4-5 years but this garbage and blatant obviousness in which WG is trying to get players to spend dubloons is too much, i'm a customer and not some money-pinata. 

• Cool 12

[OCTO]
Players
1,257 posts
30,031 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

And everything else WG did recently goes in this direction. 

for me, im done, i've sat through CV rework and been around for 4-5 years but this garbage and blatant obviousness in which WG is trying to get players to spend dubloons is too much, i'm a customer and not some money-pinata. 

+1

• Cool 1

Players
3,203 posts
18,610 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

Been playing DDs and it's still enjoyable since most games dont have a CV in them. 

I rarely if ever give in to the Dark Side and take my FDR out for a spin :cap_haloween:

[SERBS]
Players
570 posts
17,622 battles

paolo emilio blazing at over 60 knts , [edited]this

[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles
5 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

this has to be about the subs

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,006 posts
11,990 battles
5 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

you didn't go all in, my hindy get spotted at 18.4 kms now

4 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

this has to be about the subs

ofc this is about the subs

boy oh boy I would love for the dead eye skill to be reversed