Sehales

Update Survey

93 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles

Commanders,

As usual, we would like to hear your feedback about it and prepared a short survey for you. Please fill it in to share your feedback with us: https://checkbox.wargaming.net/Update_0.10.0.survey

If you want to share more detailed feedback, feel free to do so in our other update related threads.

• Funny 15

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles
39 minutes ago, Riftgardian said:

What's the point of just hearing the feedback if none of it is going to be actioned? Everything we've pointed out in the previous months as a problem has come to pass. None of those concerns were listened to. It doesn't take a genius to realise why.

It's insulting to pretend to care about what we say. Just don't bother and we can all drop the charade of a dialogue between player and developer.

Thanks.

That is simply not true, but it also does not mean that we change everything exactly as requested. Some changes may take time or are not feasible/doable for certain reasons. Others we simply disagree with or it does not fit into the general game and mechanics design.

We do consider all feedback we see though and there were countless changes over the years that were solely added based on feedback and requests.

if we would not care, we would be able to save a lot of time and effort, but we do care, even if you may not feel this way.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 30
  • Angry 3

Players
120 posts

I am a Spanish speaker, or however it is said in English. Spanish is not supported in this forum, survey in English or German. Lets see what the people speaking this languages have to say. 

• Cool 3

[O-V]
Players
105 posts
8,763 battles

Sorry cant do your servey

im busy uninstalling this crap from my PC

• Cool 9
  • Funny 13

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,435 battles

@Sehales

There is a technical problem with the survey:

There is a box, where I can write, what I DISLIKE about the captian skills update, but there is also a info that "1000 characters remaining."

It is just not enough to give a construtiv and detailed criticism.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Korzár
516 posts
12,424 battles

Why the survey? You can find a feedback here on the forum. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 8

Alpha Tester
219 posts
1,737 battles

Why do you need surveys for when you aren't gonna read them anyway?

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

[BOTES]
Players
773 posts
11,950 battles

for years we tested things in PTS for you and you ignored EVERY FRACKING SUGGESTION we made because you knew better. you ignore the CCs because you have your "spreadsheets". You ignore the super testers it seems even when they bring you specific issues that are obvious to all. then you have the freaking cheek to say "we would like to hear your feedback " ....... seriously, you are killing WOTs and you are killing WOWs ........ exactly what is your business model? fast buck then out of Dodge on the first stagecoach?

• Cool 20

[JJR]
Players
92 posts
3,992 battles

If we send them into you on a spreadsheet would you read our feedback then. Or shall we just continue beating our heads against a brick wall as this game slowly continues to die.

• Cool 9

[DTABM]
Players
169 posts
6,263 battles
4 hours ago, Sehales said:

That is simply not true, but it also does not mean that we change everything exactly as requested. Some changes may take time or are not feasible/doable for certain reasons. Others we simply disagree with or it does not fit into the general game and mechanics design.

We do consider all feedback we see though and there were countless changes over the years that were solely added based on feedback and requests.

if we would not care, we would be able to save a lot of time and effort, but we do care, even if you may not feel this way.

Let me guess, the current actionable feedback is surely "yeah the Deadeye is just fine" or "i have way too much money, lets make dismissing a 21 point commander for 25k dubloons". Eventually "let's artificially bloat the skill point inflation and change the more or less mandatory skills to be more expensive so with 21 points i have worse builds than with old 19". 

It's simply hillarious you are still trying to convince us you care about our feedback. In every single major dumpster fire of the past you had CCs, super testers and testers telling you exactly the points, which turned out to be the problem. CV Reeeework, check. Deadeye stupidity killing any active gameplay, check. Subs are the final nail in the coffin for the game, check. We tried and you ignored us every single step of the way. Why we should believe you now ?

• Cool 22

[MUMMY]
Players
675 posts
10,481 battles
4 hours ago, Sehales said:

I disagree with you.

From my perspective Wargaming ignores almost all feedback.

Occasionally WG interests align with some niche feedback provided and is thus implimented. 

This is then paraded around as proof that "WG cares and listens to feedback".

The charade that "we value your feedback™" is tiresome and became a meme a long time ago.

• Cool 23

Players
12 posts
19,699 battles

I played maybe 3 hours since December  2020 and today i decided to give the new patch a shot. Immediately uninstalled the game after 4 games, and probably not coming back to it anytime soon. Was by far my most played game, with over 15k random battles. Even with all its problems, i still managed to enjoy it to some degree. But this  rework was the straw that broke the camels back, its just not fun anymore. Guess all good things come to an end.

• Cool 10

[LAWS]
Players
82 posts
6,122 battles

I call bull on this already, WG will make money from it so all they will do is turn around and say the stats show that people love this without giving back up to show there work.... It is like listening to Trump on climate change with a sharpie pen at the ready.... pointless, if they want to ruin the game for the routine players and idiotic whales that still pump money into this then let them be........ just another step to the job centre for these guys in a morally bankrupt company...... the directors go to the bank laughing but those with the public face will be hit hardest.... THIS UPDATE IS AWFUL!!! BBs will just sit back and snipe, pointless been a light cruiser or DD anymore, this was obviously not tested widely or properly 

• Cool 6

[NMA]
Players
128 posts
4,775 battles

It's annoying to realize I have go through all the captains to reset all the skills, as recommended ones more often than not aren't optimal.

It's another rework which feels forced upon when nobody's been asking for that, with huge exp wall for a build which wont even be more efficient or much different than what i had.

It's already not motivating to play with all the "guns wont fire" and "shots falling short desync", but apparently priority is to fix something what wasn't really broken to start with.

Promoting sniping over brawling is such a bad idea, I loved my secondary builds.

I don't like it, i respeced 3-4 ships did 2-3 matches, got annoyed of all the mess and logged off. If others enjoy it, I'm glad for them though.

Not gonna waste time on survey, because "We listen to your feedback" at this point is nothing but generic copy/paste response.

• Cool 16

[TEAR_]
Players
15 posts
6,695 battles

The previos posters have said it all. Why fix something that is not broken? Why not fix the [edited]CVs who are broken?

• Cool 5

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,067 battles
14 hours ago, Sehales said:

I'm almost noob in the game, playing more or less 3 months, and even I can see that most of the feedback is indeed true. 

I came here after several mmo's and believe me, most of the times player base leaving a game cause of lack of listening to feedback. 

Last update promotes a very bad type of gameplay cause of one skill, the deadeye. I'm considering myself a bb main and I'm avoiding this skill to stop myself trying to stay at long range and trying to push in. 

I advice you to listen to your testers. 

Is not one or two that doesn't s like it. Is the majority.. 

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles
13 hours ago, bEtHeNs said:

I am a Spanish speaker, or however it is said in English. Spanish is not supported in this forum, survey in English or German. Lets see what the people speaking this languages have to say. 

I'm Polish and my friend is Dutch. Do you think it's necessary to translate all that to other languages? What's hard in English? The questions are really easy btw. 

And if you have an issue there's Google translate to help you out. 

• Bad 1

[BROS]
Players
0 posts
15 hours ago, Riftgardian said:

What's the point of just hearing the feedback if none of it is going to be actioned? Everything we've pointed out in the previous months as a problem has come to pass. None of those concerns were listened to. It doesn't take a genius to realise why.

It's insulting to pretend to care about what we say. Just don't bother and we can all drop the charade of a dialogue between player and developer.

Thanks.

Best comment ever in this forum!!! That's sadly very true.

• Cool 6

[NOTX]
Players
24 posts
16,778 battles

so if noone feels your care, if everyone thinks you do not listen to feedback, if you fail to explain with solid arguments why you implement crap like dead eye, is there really no reflektion on your developers skills?

i have 140 ships and captains, why do you think i feel happy going over them all and respec everything?  your basis choices are so weird and utterly wrong sometimes, so i cant use that.

why do you think i want to spend 200 to 300 hours just to get my most used captains back to the top (21points)

can you please explain this to me in simple words and arguments?

can you also explain to me why wg spend all that time on this bs and not on things commenly asked for (since you care so much for the player base)  

any chance there will be a dialogue for once?

maybe reveal the results of this survey in a spreadsheet for all to see how we the player base really feel maybe?

because if we the player base really want this and the survey proves it, i will accept it, delete this game and find something else to play

• Cool 10

[DSNF]
Players
44 posts
11,400 battles
16 hours ago, Sehales said:

That is simply not true... Easy words yet as an Alpha tester I have to ask you why it is that the RN CL line captain skills has 7 useless selections? 

Did any of you think for just one second that a skill tree where 7 out of 24 skill were useless?

Of the remaining 17 skills 3 are to make the ship into a torp boat and not really of any use so now we are at 14 skills to pick from but even that's not quite correct as per tier you have 2 choice at T1, same at T2, T3 and T4. Making just 6 skills worth taking - And one more that will just be for running away in very specific circumstances. 

There is only one build and it adds nothing to the ships abilities at all. You are left with a ship that is not as able as it was before. I have over 2,100 games in Leander - 60% WR. I know how to play this ship pre-patch... The only changes are - My smoke is smaller (You messed up the Dunkirk Captains), I fire quicker when A ship is within 9.1km and I can run away faster if  my team has lemming trained to the opposite flank (Or is just sat at the back because that's what BB's do now). That's it!

While other ships get buffs to dispersion, heavy shells and god like healing a whole line was just forgotten about. Makes me wonder several things...

1. What was the scope of the testing carried out

2. Did any of the 'testers' actually raise any points about some of the skills

3. Were all ships tested with a range of builds

4. Who decided that the default set of skills were right for each ship

5. Why was the rework done is such a way that 19 point captains would have points left over and be less effective that they already were (A global nerf to everyone)

Then to add insult you provide us with a survey to fill in that only allows 1,000 letters to be used... In other words, you don't want to know what the players think.

After 33 years working in software and IT development I can honestly say this has been a total disaster far worse than the CV rework. I fear you will be balancing this for at least two years, partially due to the people in the balance department not really understanding what they are doing apparently.

People have paid money to play this game for the next year and beyond and as one of those I am considering if I should request a refund as this change takes the game in a direction I was not aware of when I paid out money in good faith for a game I have enjoyed for years yet now find altered to the point of it being a joke.

So as an Alpha Tester, staffer and someone who says WG listen I challenge you to respond to each question and provide us with how you came to the conclusion that this re-work was in anyway fit to be released.

• Cool 23

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,340 battles
16 hours ago, Sehales said:

Please stop. It was already embarrassing enough watching you and Conway trying to find something positive on this rework yesterday on stream. Don't make this any worse.

If it were just the skills as in their effect on gameplay, that would be fine. That can be balanced with time. But there are clear FUNCTIONAL DOWNGRADES to the whole thing (no way to respec captain unless he's assigned to a ship and no way to assign captain to a ship without retraining). No way to manage the reserve. You cannot see captains of a nation you don't have a ship for. You have to sacrifice port slots to keep the tier 1 ships just for that.

The recommended skills selection in the majority cases does not make any sense. The captains with enhanced skills are effectively nerfed now (check the Jutland brothers on DDs, whoever decided that should question his sanity or stop with the alcohol).

Look Sehales, I like the idea the rework laid out. And most of the vocal players here could live with things like Dead-Eye if that would be the only problem (we had the issue with RPF since the previous rework but it worked out somehow anyway). But the are so many issues with the rework in so many areas that we have to doubt the intentions behind it and actual effort put into it. I doubt this was not pointed out during PTS testing. I was following that part of the forum. Yet all the functional issues made it into 0.10.0 without any comment from WG or any consideration for the impact on QoL.

• Cool 9

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles
15 hours ago, Spartan_93 said:

@Sehales

There is a technical problem with the survey:

There is a box, where I can write, what I DISLIKE about the captian skills update, but there is also a info that "1000 characters remaining."

It is just not enough to give a construtiv and detailed criticism.

As mentioned multiple times, this survey is just to give a brief overview and show us some indicators.

We are reading and compiling detailed feedback from the feedback threads as well.

13 hours ago, ShuggieHamster said:

for years we tested things in PTS for you and you ignored EVERY FRACKING SUGGESTION we made because you knew better. you ignore the CCs because you have your "spreadsheets". You ignore the super testers it seems even when they bring you specific issues that are obvious to all. then you have the freaking cheek to say "we would like to hear your feedback " ....... seriously, you are killing WOTs and you are killing WOWs ........ exactly what is your business model? fast buck then out of Dodge on the first stagecoach?

The PTS is not and has never been a place for balance testing. The playstyle is just way too different and there are too few players as well. It cannot replace the live server for that. The PTS is mainly used to check the stability of the client and to spot any bugs or general mistakes.

As for CCs and STers, there were points which were addressed and there are ones which are not over the years. We generally indeed rely on "the spreadsheets" a lot, but we also always consider the feedback we receive. That does not mean we will just do it 1:1 as suggested and sometimes we simply cannot. Also keep in mind that even if we incorporate feedback, depending on the complexity of the request and other factors, it can take several months or even years for them to appear. There is a long to-do list and a general development plan and many things that influence what is doable and when.

• Bad 19
  • Angry 2