Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
quickr

Cpt Rework - user labelled captains

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Call me old or whatever but I'm having hard time tracking captains in this "new and better cpt skill system" (heavy air quotation). Everything seems so convoluted and like it's deliberately made hard to track and manage. Or maybe it's just me. I dunno.

 

Anyway, would it be possible to allow players to label or put a note on a captain? "This is my Ishizuchi/Mutsu/Yoshino/Shimakaze captain" or whatever label/note a user wants to put in, doesn't matter. It would make things so much easier.

Or maybe such option exists but I missed it?

 

@MrConway @Crysantos

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,136 posts
12,315 battles

Who in their active playerbase do WG bounce ideas off? By the looks of it so far not a large enough sample size.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
30,905 posts
15,691 battles

I would like that too and I already suggested that in the past feedback threads.

 

Optimal solution would a kind of bookmark for captains for specific ships, like the current captains that a specialized for a silver ship and listed at the top of captain list.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Wait wait wait..... I can't select skills for a captain while he is in reserve? I can not select DD skills for a captain while he is on BB? It will take whole bloody day to review and redistribute all my captains. What is this? What the F is this?

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,182 posts
3,922 battles
32 minutes ago, quickr said:

Call me old or whatever but I'm having hard time tracking captains in this "new and better cpt skill system" (heavy air quotation). Everything seems so convoluted and like it's deliberately made hard to track and manage. Or maybe it's just me. I dunno.

 

Anyway, would it be possible to allow players to label or put a note on a captain? "This is my Ishizuchi/Mutsu/Yoshino/Shimakaze captain" or whatever label/note a user wants to put in, doesn't matter. It would make things so much easier.

Or maybe such option exists but I missed it?

 

@MrConway @Crysantos

having a commanders service history would be a nice feature, which could cover what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Here is another idea, probably not a new one but still... Why not have a single screen, captains lounge or whatever you wanna call it, where you can manage all your captains, their skill and assigned ships? Single place where you can do all without being forced to select a ship, move a captain, pick a skill, than move him again to another class so you can select skill for that class. So much unnecessary work, so much time gonna be wasted on managing dozens of captains and hundreds of ships.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,182 posts
3,922 battles
6 minutes ago, quickr said:

Here is another idea, probably not a new one but still... Why not have a single screen, captains lounge or whatever you wanna call it, where you can manage all your captains, their skill and assigned ships? Single place where you can do all without being forced to select a ship, move a captain, pick a skill, than move him again to another class so you can select skill for that class. So much unnecessary work, so much time gonna be wasted on managing dozens of captains and hundreds of ships.

I found the reserve at last. Select a ship with no captain mounted.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
2 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I found the reserve at last. Select a ship with no captain mounted.

I found the reserve, that is not an issue, not a big one anyway. Thing is, you can't do anything with him while he is sitting in reserve except dismiss him. And my god that credit sink for retrieving 25% of his xp. :Smile_amazed: Not to mention doubloon cost for 100% :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,182 posts
3,922 battles
1 minute ago, quickr said:

I found the reserve, that is not an issue, not a big one anyway. Thing is, you can't do anything with him while he is sitting in reserve except dismiss him. And my god that credit sink for retrieving 25% of his xp. :Smile_amazed: Not to mention doubloon cost for 100% :Smile_hiding:

its pure bloody minded arrogance of we know best, f*!k talking to the customer and asking them how they want the GUI to work.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,105 posts
1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

Who in their active playerbase do WG bounce ideas off? By the looks of it so far not a large enough sample size.

Youtube hacks

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAKK]
Beta Tester
8 posts
4,990 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I would like that too and I already suggested that in the past feedback threads.

 

Optimal solution would a kind of bookmark for captains for specific ships, like the current captains that a specialized for a silver ship and listed at the top of captain list.

There is a mod in the official modpack that allows to "Mark Crew as Primary" 

-Put a Captain on ship A

-Mark him as "primary"

- after you moved him for example to a different ship/premium, you can come back to ship A, click "get Primary Crew back" and he is put back to this ship

This works even with one captain and multiple ships... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
30,905 posts
15,691 battles
1 minute ago, Wurstmann said:

There is a mod in the official modpack that allows to "Mark Crew as Primary" 

-Put a Captain on ship A

-Mark him as "primary"

- after you moved him for example to a different ship/premium, you can come back to ship A, click "get Primary Crew back" and he is put back to this ship

This works even with one captain and multiple ships... 

 

That would be nice to be included in the game.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
18,874 battles

Hi all,

 

4 minutes ago, Wurstmann said:

There is a mod in the official modpack that allows to "Mark Crew as Primary" 

-Put a Captain on ship A

-Mark him as "primary"

- after you moved him for example to a different ship/premium, you can come back to ship A, click "get Primary Crew back" and he is put back to this ship

This works even with one captain and multiple ships... 

 

 

Right now that MOD is not working and must be updated for new version... @OlliN is working on it...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V888]
Beta Tester
407 posts
30,123 battles

Recall commander does this. I think it just reinstates the last commander to the ship so it will work just fine. Not good for organising now, but i think ti will work when it is all done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RNR-]
Players
1,243 posts

Well there does seem to be more bugs than on a Camels A*s*  I got a message pop up saying 7 points for Concealment :) I only had 4 pressed it anyway it worked. How do I reset my Commonwealth captains as I no longer have a Commonwealth ship?? God I'm to Old for this :etc_swear: :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,592 posts
2 hours ago, quickr said:

Here is another idea, probably not a new one but still... Why not have a single screen, captains lounge or whatever you wanna call it, where you can manage all your captains, their skill and assigned ships? Single place where you can do all without being forced to select a ship, move a captain, pick a skill, than move him again to another class so you can select skill for that class. So much unnecessary work, so much time gonna be wasted on managing dozens of captains and hundreds of ships.

 

With this update we literally got it, the Captains' Mess. :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,232 posts
26,684 battles

really, yet again an unfinished feature triggering my time and nerves.... only setting up ijn so far did cost me a)5mil cxp+, b) way too much time, c) quite some uncertainty in regard to number of captns needed and how to spread them and ofc d) i yet have 4 captns left on ijn silvers i yet did not push to 21 pts.

 

 

..... so, concluding, just as ur infamous cv rework..... ("§$%& §"$%& "$"& 2$"$ 213%/& /( /(%&%$& $§.......!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

I loaded the game at 10AM, It's almost 2PM now, I only managed to sort Italian, pan-asian, panEU and comonwelth captains/ships. And those are "easy to sort" lines.

It only cost me 4 hours of my time and some 4-5M cpt XP. And I haven't touched the "big lines" yet (US, IJN, etc..) It will take me whole weekend to sort them out. And fairly sure I won't have enough credits, elite cmdr Xp and doubloons to push all my captains to 21p.

 

So glad players have to suffer cos WG can't sort their ingame economy. Easier to make stuff up like cpt rework or research bureau. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,107 battles
4 hours ago, quickr said:

Call me old or whatever but I'm having hard time tracking captains in this "new and better cpt skill system" (heavy air quotation). Everything seems so convoluted and like it's deliberately made hard to track and manage. Or maybe it's just me. I dunno.

 

Anyway, would it be possible to allow players to label or put a note on a captain? "This is my Ishizuchi/Mutsu/Yoshino/Shimakaze captain" or whatever label/note a user wants to put in, doesn't matter. It would make things so much easier.

Or maybe such option exists but I missed it?

 

@MrConway @Crysantos

 

Yes I agree and have forwarded feedback for it already! :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
356 posts
6,562 battles
33 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

Yes I agree and have forwarded feedback for it already! :)

Thanks, that would be great now that there is more variation in builds.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,851 posts
9,408 battles
11 minuti fa, HansRoaming ha scritto:

Thanks, that would be great now that there is more variation in builds. 

playing midway secondary build...

WG I LOVE YOU, ITS SO FREAKING FUN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,251 posts
29,969 battles

Honestly, I mean HONESTLY, did you expect WG to make this easy for players?

 

There is one and one reason for it - to deprecate 19pt captains and make you spend money in order to stay competitive.

 

Standard 19pt build will cost you 21 pt - as simple as that. All BS about benefits is just a corporate double talk.... 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
650 posts
17,160 battles
4 hours ago, quickr said:

Wait wait wait..... I can't select skills for a captain while he is in reserve? I can not select DD skills for a captain while he is on BB? It will take whole bloody day to review and redistribute all my captains. What is this? What the F is this?

 

 

I can't reset my reserve commander unless retrain him to a ship

I can't reset my commander's DD skills by retraining him to a BB

What a S H I T show.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MBHH]
Players
770 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

That would be nice to be included in the game.

It is included. Captains are now able to be recalled, as you might have been noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×