Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MementoMori_6030

Commanders...

19 comments in this topic

[NECRO]
Players
3,092 posts

Where is the personnel file? Where is the reserve? Does a skill reset affect all 4 skill sets? Why can't I skill a commander while he is in reserve? Why can I only skill a commander for the class he is currently sitting on? How do I dismiss commanders from the reserve if I do not have ships of their nations? Why do I have to place a commander on a ship to skill/reset him, which I do not want because he is deliberately trained for another ship which I do no currently have?

Seriously, who designed and tested this?

@MrConway Is there a manual, or do these important features I am looking for not exist?

• Cool 14

[R3B3L]
Players
1,409 posts
32,642 battles

I don´t even know how to move a captain from one ship to another.

It doesn´t offer me the transfer on the captain´s menu

1.jpg.66fca2a9dce35e2e638e04166f117489.jpg

nor on the ship´s menu

2.jpg.fbc44a925c190bfd9ae73dd6e91f1b16.jpg

Now he somehow ended on the right ship, but I don´t know how that happened :Smile_amazed:

Also, in the old system the captain that was trained for the ship I am currently looking at, was displayed first in the line. Now he is "somewhere" and I have to go through the whole list to find him :Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
52 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Why can't I skill a commander while he is in reserve? Why can I only skill a commander for the class he is currently sitting on?

This!!!! Geez fck!! So much this!!! :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

[INTRO]
Players
910 posts
19,071 battles

You are asking for quality of life features, that always had a low priority for WG. They probably will be addressed in a few years, when they finished messing up reworking some other core components of the game.:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Why can't I skill a commander while he is in reserve? Why can I only skill a commander for the class he is currently sitting on?

I guess, just a guess, this is a consequence of the new functionality, where you see the ship parameter change with the skills in preview mode. There's no ship to show the parameters on so WG took the easy way out and removed the functionality completely.

Same for the reserve. It would produce bugs to manipulate commanders on the reserve, so we remove the functionality from the game.

This reminds me of the container change where they limited the maximum number of unopened containers to 100 instead of fixing the crap mechanics how the contents of containers is being determined ....

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,092 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

I guess, just a guess, this is a consequence of the new functionality, where you see the ship parameter change with the skills in preview mode.

Maybe. That would be akin to removing the tires from a car because the improved fuel consumption realtime display only works if you have 0 friction. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,475 posts

I had to await the magic reset button to reset reserve Commanders yet even after the great button came into being one Captain still refuses to reset. 

923410269_Screenshot(227).thumb.png.77a9583b1d7a90ab92e8e18c154ac544.png

I think someone had a little too much Vodka and forgot many players have large pools of reserve Captains that they skill prior to obtaining the ships for them to sit..

Maybe they'll have to make a patch to resolve this eh? (Knowing WG it's already in the pipeline they'll say)..

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Maybe. That would be akin to removing the tires from a car because the imoproved fuel consumption realtime display only works if you have 0 friction. :Smile_trollface:

It's not the first from WG ... just look at the "fixed" Operations they removed after CV rework because they depended on aircraft ...

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,318 battles

I run a dedicated Cpt on all my 90 odd ships so my Reserve is empty (thankfully, apparently). I have just one 19 pt Cpt when this Cpt rework s**t hit the fan. 

Two things I don't like about this Cpt skill rework - 1) All this waste of time to alter all my Cpts & 2) The nonsense of even changing the old Cpt skills that were just fine the way they were.

[BAD-A]
Players
218 posts
28,632 battles
On 1/21/2021 at 9:34 AM, MementoMori_6030 said:

Where is the personnel file? Where is the reserve? Does a skill reset affect all 4 skill sets? Why can't I skill a commander while he is in reserve? Why can I only skill a commander for the class he is currently sitting on? How do I dismiss commanders from the reserve if I do not have ships of their nations? Why do I have to place a commander on a ship to skill/reset him, which I do not want because he is deliberately trained for another ship which I do no currently have?

@MrConway Is there a manual, or do these important features I am looking for not exist?

Buongiorno , i found the personal file for each captain, you have to go "change commander" and when you hoover the mouse pointer over it  will show an " I" for info. I think its really wonky that you have to do this for each nation without the possibility to have an overview... but HEY  it looks cool!!!

shot-21.01.23_09.38.22-0987.jpg

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,092 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, Lukewehr sagte:

Buongiorno , i found the personal file for each captain, you have to go "change commander" and when you hoover the mouse pointer over it  will show an " I" for info. I think its really wonky that you have to do this for each nation without the possibility to have an overview... but HEY  it looks cool!!!

Epic intuitive GUI design! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[RODS]
Players
1,812 posts
7,821 battles

Where is the personnel file?

In the "Reseve" maybe

Where is the reserve?

Dunno..

Does a skill reset affect all 4 skill sets?

Dont think it did, did a lot of fiddling around yesterday, could be wrong tho

Why can't I skill a commander while he is in reserve?

Coz u cant find the "reserve"

Why can I only skill a commander for the class he is currently sitting on?

Yeah, this is stupid

How do I dismiss commanders from the reserve if I do not have ships of their nations?

Haha.. Maybe from the "Personnel File"

Why do I have to place a commander on a ship to skill/reset him, which I do not want because he is deliberately trained for another ship which I do no currently have?

hhaaHA.. 

All good questions, I totally agree the interface looks like its made by someone who never played the game

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,666 posts
22,495 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

All good questions, I totally agree the interface looks like its made by someone who never played the game

Which makes it fitting to a large portion of reeworks/updates, which also work out in ways that only people who don't play the game couldn't possibly can't expect. :Smile_trollface:

On 1/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, MementoMori_6030 said:

Maybe. That would be akin to removing the tires from a car because the improved fuel consumption realtime display only works if you have 0 friction. :Smile_trollface:

Praise mighty russian engineering principles. To achieve the desired result that remove everything that stands in the way... worked for Soviet Union with everything: navy, peasants, dissidents... :Smile_trollface:

[NECRO]
Players
3,092 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Ronchabale sagte:

Or someone working in extortion and blackmail.

I understand the idea behind the "free reskill period" is to test different builds.

But you can only skill a commander for the ship he is currently commanding. So, if you want to skill all 4 sets, you have to cycle him through all 4 ships classes, every time ruining his previous training. It is nice that retraining is cheap atm and we got some dubloons, but again: Every time I move a commander to another ship, his previous training is gone.

Furthermore, if I want not only to skill him, but to actually test the skills, I have to pay the retraining cost - because else his skills will be 0% active (another brilliant novelty), and the entire exercise becomes moot. And if I am e.g. testing a cruiser build and come to conclusion that I should try this build on several of my cruisers (no, I do not have excessively high levelled commanders for such purposes on ALL of my ships), I have to move, reassign and pay for retraining over and over again. Of course, once more when I am done and he is sent back to his originial ship. Amazing.

Another issue: If you choose to sit back with your unskilled commanders and wait for the playerbase to figure out the least idiotic builds, the 90% training cost reduction period might be over, and you have to pay full price for all those unnecessary retrainings when you finally feel informed enough about those skills and have reason to hope WG won't "adjust" them in the near future. Same goes for upgrades.

Yes, if your port is full of premium ships, this problem is less severe. But this makes researching and acquiring tech tree ships even less recommandable. WG could as well just stop to push new tech trees and split lines into the game, because they will become a luxury for players with big wallets.

:Smile_facepalm:

Players
533 posts
13,181 battles

To be honest this totally unnecessary rework in order to gain cash from players has bust the game for me.  I really can't be arsed to go through the commanders skills to change each one.  What a waste of my precious time, I play for fun not for a chore, cheers WG for ruining my favourite pastime and making it hard work when I want to relax.  I logged in, looked at it and thought that's most of my Saturday screwed over and logged out.

bulldog-breed-3-1.jpeg

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,812 posts
7,821 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Yes, if your port is full of premium ships, this problem is less severe. But this makes researching and acquiring tech tree ships even less recommandable. WG could as well just stop to push new tech trees and split lines into the game, because they will become a luxury for players with big wallets.

:Smile_facepalm:

Yes if u have a load of premiums it is ok 

Sign in to follow this