Is the 'dmg upon spotting' broken?

4 comments in this topic

[PV]
[PV]
Players
105 posts
13,491 battles

Hi all,
I am trying to complete a mission that requires me to do 560k dmg upon spotting with a dd. Didn's sound like
a great deal and should be something happening 'on the way' as I typically collect 20-60k in a coop tier 8-10
without specifically taking care for it.
In fact, 2 days ago a handful of matches got me 185k already.
Yesterday, first match was 45k.
Second: 0
Third: 0
4th: about 700
5th: 0
6th: 0
7th: about 200
8th: 0
9th: about 5k

In one of the matches I had a Yoshino discovered (explicitly got the badge for this and another 2 ships so a total of 3 badges)
and seen it take damage of 10k seconds after, obviously following my spotting. No other dd near, no cv in the match
so clearly this was my spotting. Was close to this Yoshi until it got sunk - I finished it with my own torps which gave another 10k
to it but that's not spotting. Now I estimated that (there were 2 other ships that took some damage and were also initially seen
by me and only by me) this should give between 40 and 60k in total. Nope, it was the 700. I understand one of the above zeros
as it was this 'one dd in a channel' and I got sunk rather quick, but all the rest? Did I have a bad day or does anybody else
observe related problems?

[NCDF]
Players
229 posts
6,678 battles

That's not how spotting damage works. The ribbons have no meaning in it at all.

You receive spotting damage when a ship takes damage and you are the only one spotting it. Means, if the ship is shooting, increasing it's detectability range, and thus someone else also spots it, you won't receive any spotting damage. 

[PV]
[PV]
Players
105 posts
13,491 battles

Thanks for the reply! Still wondering why the aforementioned 10k for that Yoshi (if I remember correctly she hasn't fired herself and the salvo that hit her was fired immediately after my spot, but suppose I simply had a bad day, then. Will see if this works better today (in case the game still starts after the update ;) )

Cheers!

[PV]
[PV]
Players
105 posts
13,491 battles

Short update:
Seems this was simply a bad day and a rare event. I had a couple of matches yesterday where dmg upon spot was meagre (and few situations where I thought it should have been more as initial salvos were fired directly following my spotting) but overall the above poor statistics were gone.

Cheers!

• Cool 1