Jump to content
Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

All the skills of your captains have been replaced

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

Instead of setting all the skills to zero, all the skills of your captains have been replaced.

 

If one of the skills you had does no longer exist, it has been replaced automatically with another skill, probably considered recommended for that class.

 

So, basically, if you had 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, you would still have 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, but some of them are not the ones you selected or would select.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[REIGN]
Beta Tester
78 posts
19,754 battles

Yes, that's what they announced a while back. Not the best choice but it will prevent player that don't pay attention to the releases to enter a battle without any selected skill.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
1 minute ago, Chocan said:

Yes, that's what they announced a while back. Not the best choice but it will prevent player that don't pay attention to the releases to enter a battle without any selected skill.

But a captain that did not play for 2-3 weeks  will find his captains in a mess...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

But a captain that did not play for 2-3 weeks  will find his captains in a mess...

but imho it is much better to have the choice if you want a "general reset" or not instead of a forced reset of all captains...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[REIGN]
Beta Tester
78 posts
19,754 battles
2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

But a captain that did not play for 2-3 weeks  will find his captains in a mess...

It is more: a captain that doesn't play during 0.10.0 will find his captain in a mess, and without a free reset to fix them.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles
58 minutes ago, 22cm said:

So, basically, if you had 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, you would still have 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, but some of them are not the ones you selected or would select.

Yes, I agree. That is quite confusing.

 

What I'm also finding confusing is these multiple skill sets and Premium ships.... Let me try and explain. My Krasny Krym has a 17 point captain. His specialism is the Gnevny. A ship I no longer have, btw. It has never mattered, because you can move captains onto Premium Ships without having to retrain. I have gone in and reset his cruiser skills for the KK. All of which seems fine. He has no selected BB or CV skill sets.

 

He does, however, have a DD skill set (you can only see this by clicking on "All Skills", where it displays the number of unallocated points). BB 17, CV 17, DD 1. 

 

The DD Skills picked are not ones I would choose ( No CE for a start ). But I can't edit them because it's a DD set, and he's currently on a cruiser. So to get to work on his DD skill set I have to put him on a DD. To do this for free, it has to be a Premium DD. So the upshot of this seems to be that you need to take care with Captains currently assigned to a Premium Ship but specialised for a ship of another class - because you could end up with an allocated set of skills for the original class that you didn't pick and don't want, and can only change for free is you have a Premium ship of that other class. 

 

Hope that makes sense..... !

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles

We all know why they did this. So that people forget a few captains while respec is free - and have to pay later to give them a decent spec. Another badly concealed attempt at squeezing out a little more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,425 posts
32,703 battles

I just realized that my DoY-captain has lost concealment expert :Smile_amazed:

I mean, replacing skills with similar ones is ok, but just taking away CE, jeez ...

It is a BB so it will still work but I´ll reset all captains and then use just few ships until the mess clears up a bit.

On yesterday´s stream a WG-guy said explicitly "the rework isn´t done by far, we will still adjust the skills after they go live".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,735 posts
11,834 battles
11 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

On yesterday´s stream a WG-guy said explicitly "the rework isn´t done by far, we will still adjust the skills after they go live".

Following the success of the glorious CV reeeeeeeework.

Because they "learned" from that as they stated in a stream...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TF57]
Players
48 posts

What has actually happened is that they have replaced all your selected skills with the ones that they think are best suited to the ship. Not anything close to what you had in some cases.

I would not be surprised if there are many frustrated players now trying to work out what exactly the nearest match to what they had was.

Some wont have a clue.

its going to be interesting now though as people wont automatically know whats coming around the corner. 

Armour schemes are the same yes, but the threat level could well be very differant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
39 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

To get to work on his DD skill set I have to put him on a DD. To do this for free, it has to be a Premium DD. 

Or rebuy Gnevny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,108 posts
18,993 battles

HI all,

 

2 hours ago, 22cm said:

Instead of setting all the skills to zero, all the skills of your captains have been replaced.

 

If one of the skills you had does no longer exist, it has been replaced automatically with another skill, probably considered recommended for that class.

 

So, basically, if you had 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, you would still have 19 points captain with all the skills allocated, but some of them are not the ones you selected or would select.

 

Working as intended / planned by WG... this is their way of "showing the plebs" what are the proper captains skills to be used for each and every ship you after rework... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

HI all,

 

 

Working as intended / planned by WG... this is their way of "showing the plebs" what are the proper captains skills to be used for each and every ship you after rework... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

The real sad thing is that 90% of the players will really believe it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
870 posts
10,457 battles

The time I have to invest into this crap, man.

Also WG choosing names for skills is just amazing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RNR-]
Players
1,260 posts
16 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Working as intended / planned by WG... this is their way of "showing the plebs" what are the proper captains skills to be used for each and every ship you after rework..

:Smile_coin: If it's making money it's working as intended :Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,108 posts
18,993 battles

HI all,

 

15 minutes ago, 22cm said:

The real sad thing is that 90% of the players will really believe it... 

 

Yep... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,690 posts
2 hours ago, Chocan said:

Yes, that's what they announced a while back. Not the best choice but it will prevent player that don't pay attention to the releases to enter a battle without any selected skill.

 

I beg to disagree in the strongest possible terms. Coming back post Feb 15 to see your captains are a mess and you are having to pay to get the fixed (reset) is a far bigger issue in my book.

 

We are now having to go here:

 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/

 

 

... and press this.

 

image.thumb.png.76b6c91f7ef0c9153ea83e3165e2fb72.png

 

Oh, right.. Discuss.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,103 posts
23,357 battles

Taking my first look. Already have doubts about the skills that are “ promoted” as being smart to pick. HP buff for cruisers perk is wise?  Went for the total reset of all captains ( will doublecheck if captains in reserve get reset as well) 

 

But this is not cool...luckily have all my snowflakes reset and will only play the minimum type of ships and keep most of my captains unspecced ( or play and unspecced after play) until the dust settles. Until then minimum play ( 30 days to get Yahagi, WG can keep the credits for Anshan)..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
26,367 battles

Who needs rpf on a DD? :cap_wander:

 

According to the rework it is not recommended. But on DD hunters it's a must. :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
26,367 battles

Ohhh, and you don't need that survivability expert on that DD.

 

You really need to check your DD builds:Smile_great:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles

Looks at auto CV Captain skills thinking maybe this won't be too bad...

 

Sees "Take reduced Flak damage" at 4 points slotted in....

 

Risitas GIFs | Tenor

 

Hit's reset skills.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
417 posts
19,332 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Yes, I agree. That is quite confusing.

 

What I'm also finding confusing is these multiple skill sets and Premium ships.... Let me try and explain. My Krasny Krym has a 17 point captain. His specialism is the Gnevny. A ship I no longer have, btw. It has never mattered, because you can move captains onto Premium Ships without having to retrain. I have gone in and reset his cruiser skills for the KK. All of which seems fine. He has no selected BB or CV skill sets.

 

He does, however, have a DD skill set (you can only see this by clicking on "All Skills", where it displays the number of unallocated points). BB 17, CV 17, DD 1. 

 

The DD Skills picked are not ones I would choose ( No CE for a start ). But I can't edit them because it's a DD set, and he's currently on a cruiser. So to get to work on his DD skill set I have to put him on a DD. To do this for free, it has to be a Premium DD. So the upshot of this seems to be that you need to take care with Captains currently assigned to a Premium Ship but specialised for a ship of another class - because you could end up with an allocated set of skills for the original class that you didn't pick and don't want, and can only change for free is you have a Premium ship of that other class. 

 

Hope that makes sense..... !

You can reset all skills with the magic button!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,098 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I beg to disagree in the strongest possible terms. Coming back post Feb 15 to see your captains are a mess and you are having to pay to get the fixed (reset) is a far bigger issue in my book

 

Thanks for that link it's useful.

 

I logged in this morning and my 19 point captain on the USA BB line (Montana) now has one free skill point.   I guess I'll just reset all my captains and worry about it later.  I hope this doesn't reset which ship they are trained on though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRID]
Players
290 posts
5,612 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

I beg to disagree in the strongest possible terms. Coming back post Feb 15 to see your captains are a mess and you are having to pay to get the fixed (reset) is a far bigger issue in my book.

 

We are now having to go here:

 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/

 

 

... and press this.

 

image.thumb.png.76b6c91f7ef0c9153ea83e3165e2fb72.png

 

Oh, right.. Discuss.

 

Reset all skills button...great addition, now where is the free demount all upgrades button to go with it, since this is also free at the moment? Oh well...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×