You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Best playing day ever

25 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

Logged in, strutted arround, confused and mindboggled, collected the daily shipment available, then logged off, even more confused.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 9

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Today is a despecc day.

All Flamu's YT vids (and builds) are now nulled.

Hes gonna have so much work...

• Funny 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
11 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No worries, he is Belgian, he eats potatoes a lot!

[SLOTH]
Players
33 posts
13,921 battles

I feel sorry for those with lots of 19 point commanders..

As for me i get something out of dismissing all my unused ones, well 25% anyway no way will i spend doubloons.

• Cool 1

Players
408 posts
4,288 battles
Il y a 1 heure, 22cm a dit :

No worries, he is Belgian, he eats potatoes a lot!

I don't know if Finnish should be upset to be considered as Belgians, or if Belgians should be upset to be considered as Finnish.

I suggest we settle that by eating potatoes while looking at the beautiful boreal night.

(and yeah I didn't get the joke on purpose, I always do that when I have my own joke to post. Daily grind comrade)

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
3,922 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Today is a despecc day.

I know great isn't it. I hope he takes the opportunity to do more than "ok spend your 21pts like this type builds". So many people are not going to have 21pt commanders for a while or even 19ptrs, and those that don't are more likely to be the ones that need to go to the CC's to ask for a recommended build.

Add in ship stat changes which will probably be needed in the next few months, and everything becomes clear as mud.

[-TAW-]
Players
83 posts
30,467 battles

So far I have figured out

• Most 19p captains are still 19p captains. Only a few are 21p.
  • Elite commander xp pool has not changed. It's not even close to the amount needed for 19p > 21p conversion.
  • Every captain auto respec is wrong. Litterally every captain.
  • In general time and money investment in specialized captains is gone, without any compensation whatsoever.

Instead you get huge click and grind fest to get all your ducks back to row. This maybe manageable in some reasonable time for the competitive ships and  captains (~30). Dunno what I'm gonna do with the rest (~100).

Got shafted pretty hard here. What else is new?

• Cool 5

Players
7,311 posts
11,668 battles

Sounds like fun. I barely have time to play the last months, thx to overbearing workload (shout out COVID and fu) and now I get to figure out, how to respec around 100+ captains + additional possible testing. Yea, no. Extremly discouraging move.

• Cool 2

Players
3,796 posts
14,361 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Sounds like fun. I barely have time to play the last months, thx to overbearing workload (shout out COVID and fu) and now I get to figure out, how to respec around 100+ captains + additional possible testing. Yea, no. Extremly discouraging move.

I'm just gonna spec my Enterprise, Smolensk and Halland.

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,311 posts
11,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

funny enough, I just said in Discord "ill just spec Cesare only and play that forever". Seems like we have this figured out ^^

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
258 posts
3,489 battles

I have 19 x 19 point captains, and god knows how many other lower point captains already assigned to other ships, of which I have around 300.

Honestly, I can’t be bothered at all with even looking at it. 
I’m all for keeping things afresh, but these have been built up and specced for each ship over 5 years of playing. How long have we even got to respec these before it costs us money? 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,780 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

funny enough, I just said in Discord "ill just spec Cesare only and play that forever". Seems like we have this figured out ^^

Just specced Dreadnaught and will start the 5 epochs of navy campaign soon... :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
55 minutes ago, SlingaDing said:

Honestly, I can’t be bothered at all with even looking at it. 
I’m all for keeping things afresh, but these have been built up and specced for each ship over 5 years of playing. How long have we even got to respec these before it costs us money? 

look at the bright side, if you filter them by class and nation, or just class, you realise that you are clicking the same things a lot.

Players
150 posts

I have lots of 19 points captains, I used them to play not only top tiers but also other tech tree ships I liked (Fuso, Helena, Cleveland, Bismarck, Zara) but this is now a luxury WG does not allow us anymore. I only have free captain XP to bring 4 of them to 21 points, so not even one per nation. This including free Xp obtained dismissing unused captains (about 16 million credits for that, no doubloons). So I will play mostly premiums with these four captains, while 19 pointers will mostly remain in port while free XP is slowly being grinded for them Thanks WG!!!!:Smile-angry:

• Cool 3

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,347 battles

I feel a bit bothered too...I kept a lot of ships ( well almost all) and thus have a lot of “just fine”captains from minimum 10 points up to 14. Seems that that minimum 10 point on a dd does no longer cut it...Used to be the number of enemies targeting you skill, last stand, either faster pew pew or torp reload and CE. For 10 points you are getting less then before...

Yes I had some spare low captains that I could dismiss and get some CXP back....But with 200 plus silver ships...My 800k cxp does not even get me one 21 skill captain.

It seems to feel as a lot of fuss and discomfort with at best case zero improvement for me as player and most likely actual loss of enjoyment.

• Cool 2

Players
235 posts
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Zero point Asashio all the way untill this mess gets sorted out.

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
484 posts
20,552 battles
4 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I know great isn't it. I hope he takes the opportunity to do more than "ok spend your 21pts like this type builds". So many people are not going to have 21pt commanders for a while or even 19ptrs, and those that don't are more likely to be the ones that need to go to the CC's to ask for a recommended build.

Add in ship stat changes which will probably be needed in the next few months, and everything becomes clear as mud.

He will be OK. He will play his RU CC account and automatically have 257 twenty one point captains. CC's have become kind of redundant as 99% of the common player base will not be able to relate to possessing 21 point captains this side of 2023.

Still the good news is:

• The mess that is the CV rework might be forgotten now
  • Is that a submarine I see on the horizon?
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
1,521 posts
12,445 battles
4 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

4 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

I will respec 1 or 2 DDs for every tier above 5 ... ok maybe .. less ... and thats it

Lets see Kamikaze, T61, Cossack (fits the other brits in Tier) ... I ll see whats next....

Or maybe just Kami LOL and Cossack

Oh damn I dont know.....

Beta Tester
5,734 posts
22,547 battles
1 hour ago, Gudgeon said:

Still the good news is:

• The mess that is the CV rework might be forgotten now
  • Is that a submarine I see on the horizon?

CV mess forgotten? Never ever...

And submarines do not count as "good news" in my book

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles

Uh boy, going through my captains.... Yaay, i think ima need a beer or two to help me figure all this out... No wait, make that a supertankers worth of it

:Smile_smile:

[UNICS]
Players
1,455 posts
23,194 battles

they should of made 19pnt  captain a 21pnt one automatically 

thx for stealing my credits , people say they have credits , how its  23mil for midway **

Players
7,311 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, Saltface said:

I will respec 1 or 2 DDs for every tier above 5 ... ok maybe .. less ... and thats it

Lets see Kamikaze, T61, Cossack (fits the other brits in Tier) ... I ll see whats next....

Or maybe just Kami LOL and Cossack

Oh damn I dont know.....

We already started. You missed the kick-off!

image.thumb.png.8d40d200ffc957396203befe443ebbd5.png

image.thumb.png.a2faad537941cf2637c9f87fcd5b2349.png

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
484 posts
20,552 battles
4 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

CV mess forgotten? Never ever...

And submarines do not count as "good news" in my book

I was being sarcastic. Every change made in the last 2+ years have been to the detriment of having fun in this game.

[SLOTH]
Players
33 posts
13,921 battles

3 21 pointers after getting rid of unused ones and putting that to 3 19 ones.