You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Islandern

Secondary builds - 50% accuracy -> 35% accuracy?

33 comments in this topic

[SWEOV]
Players
25 posts
3,701 battles

Hi,

I thought WG changed their mind and was up to change the "MF" / Improved secondary battery aiming to 50% some days/weeks ago, but now when I was re-distributing the points it was only 35%? 

"

German Tier VII–X battleships
  • Secondary battery accuracy has been increased.

Thanks to this change, the secondary battery accuracy of German battleships with the “Improved Secondary Battery Aiming” skill will increase by 50%.
"From steam..."

Maybe I've just missed something... 

Thanks, 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,091 posts
18,924 battles

Hi all,

7 minutes ago, Islandern said:

Hi,

I thought WG changed their mind and was up to change the "MF" / Improved secondary battery aiming to 50% some days/weeks ago, but now when I was re-distributing the points it was only 35%? 

"

Thanks to this change, the secondary battery accuracy of German battleships with the “Improved Secondary Battery Aiming” skill will increase by 50%.
"From steam..."

Thanks, 

Please check my thread posted not so long ago:

It is simply not worth it any more... the old "Secondary Battery Expert" (or whatever new equivalent is called now) is no longer mandatory / useful... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

[ALYEN]
Players
2,586 posts
4,354 battles
11 minutes ago, Islandern said:

Hi,

"

"From steam..."

Thanks, 

afaik the German secondary dispersion was buffed, not the skill itself ... but I might remember wrong ...

[SHAD]
Players
3,771 posts
15,149 battles
36 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

afaik the German secondary dispersion was buffed, not the skill itself ... but I might remember wrong ...

No you are correct.

German secondaries were buffed so, with all skills, the accuracy would be 50% better than it was under the first iteration of the commander skill rework.

Secondaries will still be less accurate then in the old system.

As mentioned above, 35% is just not enough for a 4 point skill when you can spend those 4 points on 10% improved reload for secondary and main guns when ships are within secondary range, I'm sure that would be more effective.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,212 posts
10,272 battles
46 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Please check my thread posted not so long ago:

It is simply not worth it any more... the old "Secondary Battery Expert" (or whatever new equivalent is called now) is no longer mandatory / useful... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

But does it take into account the manual effect? Because if I'm not entirely mistaken it is an overall 10% accuracy nerf with the "bonus" of spraying something on the other side.

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
484 posts
20,509 battles

You can have secondary's OR AA now, but not both to the same levels prior to the 'update'. You choose, but to be honest, it looks like German BB's are ready for the scrapyard as they cannot be used for the role they appear to have been created for (brawling and secondary's) without being a nice juicy HP pool for our sky warriors to farm. Basically a middle digit to secondary battleships that give a different BB playstyle to the sit and the back and snipe playstyle, or the "I have guns and armour and everything else" BB line. 

• Cool 2

[LICON]
Players
83 posts
2 hours ago, Gudgeon said:

You can have secondary's OR AA now, but not both to the same levels prior to the 'update'. You choose, but to be honest, it looks like German BB's are ready for the scrapyard as they cannot be used for the role they appear to have been created for (brawling and secondary's) without being a nice juicy HP pool for our sky warriors to farm. Basically a middle digit to secondary battleships that give a different BB playstyle to the sit and the back and snipe playstyle, or the "I have guns and armour and everything else" BB line. 

Very much doubt the difference will even be measurable. Secondaries are a meme, a fun meme but a meme nevertheless. You now have additional range on them and if you go with the manuals you now fire both sides albeit at a cost of accuracy on your targeted side compared to before the patch. The over the top "ZOMG GERMAN BB's are DEAD, DEAD I tell you" comments are starting to get dull. At least test it out properly before RIP'ing everything. 

• Bad 2

[OCTO]
Players
484 posts
20,509 battles
1 hour ago, SirTogII said:

Very much doubt the difference will even be measurable. Secondaries are a meme, a fun meme but a meme nevertheless. You now have additional range on them and if you go with the manuals you now fire both sides albeit at a cost of accuracy on your targeted side compared to before the patch. The over the top "ZOMG GERMAN BB's are DEAD, DEAD I tell you" comments are starting to get dull. At least test it out properly before RIP'ing everything. 

AA skills are not combined with secondary skills anymore. You have to pick AA or the secondary skills. In a CV meta. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Well its still fun, regrinding the Fred in Silver and happy as a clam, MBM3 in slot 6 though obviously... :Smile_trollface:

[LICON]
Players
83 posts
24 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

AA skills are not combined with secondary skills anymore. You have to pick AA or the secondary skills. In a CV meta. 

Even Sealord Mountbatten, the most fanatic German BB streamer I know of has no issues with the secondary builds after the rework. Dead eye is a different story but that's also for a different thread. Let's evaluate after let's say a month and have the discussion then. 

• Bad 1

[VICE]
Players
9 posts
8,004 battles

I tried grosser kurfurst with secondary build in ranked, and my first point of view was that it was darn  fun😁.

The secondarys opend up fire on aa dd on The right side(manual) , whilst The left side opend up on a Cruiser.

It felt realy good and fun. 

And the acuracy felt good also. 

This is what a bb should feel like. Guns blazing all over. 

Im a bit worried about massa tough. Havent tried it yet. 

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
660 posts
13,118 battles
6 hours ago, ollonborre said:

But does it take into account the manual effect?

I don't think the target lock has been touched. Without target lock the dispersion doubles, just like with a main battery. So the secondary fire to the "other side" is always very inaccurate. 

[TACHA]
Players
357 posts
6,588 battles
5 minutes ago, asalonen said:

I don't think the target lock has been touched. Without target lock the dispersion doubles, just like with a main battery. So the secondary fire to the "other side" is always very inaccurate. 

Considering that before there would be zero hits, is it not a net gain?

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,212 posts
10,272 battles
14 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Not really. If you get into a secondary battle, most of the time you will have only 1 target within range. And if you get multiple targets they are often on the same side. And if you get ships on boths sides well the odds are you are not going to last long and won't get the full effect.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
31 minutes ago, Boostaca said:

Im a bit worried about massa tough. Havent tried it yet. 

Imo same or potentially even slightly better. Ofc you need the Top grade gunner skill, which means faster dakka and also faster mainbattery reload.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,690 battles

I will say poor Mikasa got no love from all this, considering her secondaries are still capped at 3.8km with this secondary range "upgrade" and main battery is still gawdawful.

Kinda had hoped WeeGee might have punted her range up to 4.5km with upgrades or given her German secondary stats considering she is a meme ship and now everyone else's secondaries outrange her.

Come on @MrConway, give Mikasa a secondary range boost

Pay respects for our poor shipfu [Mikasa] : AzureLane(Mikasa's reaction when she found out her secondaries got micro nerfed by everyone else getting better ones)

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
357 posts
6,588 battles
12 minutes ago, DeviousDave02 said:

I will say poor Mikasa got no love from all this, considering her secondaries are still capped at 3.8km with this secondary range "upgrade" and main battery is still gawdawful.

Kinda had hoped WeeGee might have punted her range up to 4.5km with upgrades or given her German secondary stats considering she is a meme ship and now everyone else's secondaries outrange her.

Come on @MrConway, give Mikasa a secondary range boost

Pay respects for our poor shipfu [Mikasa] : AzureLane(Mikasa's reaction when she found out her secondaries got micro nerfed by everyone else getting better ones)

Agree, why no love for Mikasa @MrConway

Players
378 posts
5,133 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo same or potentially even slightly better. Ofc you need the Top grade gunner skill, which means faster dakka and also faster mainbattery reload.

just a game as examle says nothing, it hits LESS and does less damage because of it while in same time other bb snipe you and u cant even get in seoncondary ...

so secondary massa is HORRIBLE right now

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts

With the changes to smoke etc they offered refunds on the premium ships it effected. What they should do now give the option for refunds on the secondary ships people have, such as the tirpitz massa etc. WG do the right thing for once. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts
56 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Not really, as now the primary target hardly gets hit compared to before, and the secondary target just laughs as the secondaries miss totally. 

[TACHA]
Players
357 posts
6,588 battles
2 minutes ago, T0L0S said:

Not really, as now the primary target hardly gets hit compared to before, and the secondary target just laughs as the secondaries miss totally. 

Seems might be little difference, 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts
9 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Seems might be little difference, 

Now he should use a German ship, that doesn't get the bonus accuracy the massa does. 

[TACHA]
Players
357 posts
6,588 battles
2 minutes ago, T0L0S said:

Now he should use a German ship, that doesn't get the bonus accuracy the massa does. 

"Tier VII - X German battleships:

Accuracy of secondary guns increased by 22.5%

With this change and the "Improved Secondary Battery Aiming" skill (announced as "Close Quarters Expert") accuracy of German battleships' secondary guns will be improved by 50%."

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/113

They do get a boost out of this.

Players
378 posts
5,133 battles

the most fun is that this is a CLEAR nerf even for german BB's its a CLEAR nerf and people argue its like a 60% buff for german bb secondaries and crap and thats why it will neve rbe changed because alot of people who failed school in math are playing this game