YabbaCoe

0.10.0 - Commander Skills Update

502 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,689 posts
4,521 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_010_commander_1200x240.jpg

The Commander skills system will be changed in Update 0.10.0.

Main Changes

• We've added new skills and changed some of the old ones.
  • Each Commander now has a separate skill section for each ship type. The skill section corresponding to the played ship type is active in battle.
  • As skills have become more specialized and their total number has increased, the maximum possible number of skill points available to one Commander has been increased from 19 to 21.
  • We've added a skill recommendation system, depending on the selected ship.
  • Commanders with less than 21 skill points will additionally bring you Elite Commander XP in the amount of 5% of the Commander XP gained per battle.
  • We've added a new method of obtaining Elite Commander XP—by dismissing unused Commanders.
  • We've revamped the interface of the Commander skill, recruitment, re-assignment, and dismissal system.

With the release of Update 0.10.0, all your commanders’ skills will automatically be redistributed using a recommendation system—this way, you'll get a skill build that's effective for each specific ship in the new system. You can take advantage of the opportunity to reset Commander skills free of charge in Update 0.10.0. Make sure to try out different combinations and find the ones that suit your playstyle!

Gif_perks_EN.gif

To help you get familiar with the new Commander skills system in Update 0.10.0:

• Commander skills can be reset free of charge.
  • Upgrades can be demounted free of charge.
  • The cost in Doubloons to retrain commanders for different ships has been reduced by 90%—from 500 to 50 Doubloons.

Gif_rezerv_EN.gif

In addition, to help you experiment with retraining Commanders:

• Players with Access Level 8 and above will receive 500 Doubloons when they first log in to the game during Update 0.10.0.
  • Update 0.10.0 features six special combat missions, one for each nation with more than one ship branch: the U.S.A; Japan; U.K.; the U.S.S.R.; Germany; and France. To complete each mission, you'll need to earn 1,100 base XP in any number of battles, playing a Tier VII–X ship in any battle type, except Training Battles. The reward for each one is 100 Doubloons.

In total, you can obtain up to 1,100 Doubloons. These will be enough to perform Commander retraining 22 times in Update 0.10.0.

More details about the updated skill system are available in a dedicated article.

• Bad 17

Beta Tester
1,038 posts
16,898 battles
23 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

We've added new skills and changed some of the old ones.

Lets change the things noone asked for because they worked for something that noone knows how it will work, because now, there will be certain conditions to trigger the specific skill efect...

And thats from a company that basically called theyre community stupid because they cant handle multytasking.

• Cool 16

[4_0_4]
Players
8,135 posts
14,609 battles

I wonder if WG has learned anything from the other rework and has prepared enough lube.

I don't expect this rework to be accepted by the non forum regulars that silently.

• Cool 9

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
44 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Zabaku, somehow the link to reset all commanders at once did NOT yet appear in the relevant article here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/

Hi Captain, 

The button to reset the Captain Skils will be available around 13:00 UTC. 

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles
4 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

The button to reset the Captain Skils will be available around 13:00 UTC. 

And the date ? Not that we don't trust WGs word ...

• Funny 3

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
Just now, Hugh_Ruka said:

And the date ? Not that we don't trust WGs word ...

At the 13:00 UTC of today, of course 😊.

• Funny 2

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Terrible idea done poorly and executed even worse. The fact I need an excel spreadsheet open on another monitor to make sense of things, manage my ships and captains, tells me this is done by someone who doesn't even play the game.

Why can't I respec my captain while he is in reserves? Why do I need to assign him to a ship to spec skills? Why do I need to assign him to a destroyer to spec destroyer skill but can't spec battleship skills while he is there? I have to move him to a battleship? Do you know how many captains i need to move? Why can't I label my captain so I know for which ships I can use him? Why isn't there a reserve screen (call it a lounge or something) where you can manage all your captains without constantly being forced to switch ships and move captains?

WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING PLAYER INPUTS WHEN DESIGNING GAME FEATURES?!?!?!?!?

• Cool 20

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,262 battles

Quick question for skill "Dazzle" (DD): How long does one need to be unspotted before the 15 second timer is activated again?

E.g. I get spotted, enemies have 15 seconds of bad dispersion on me. I go dark for a second, then I get spotted again. Another 15 seconds of bad dispersion?

Furthermore: If I get unspotted after 10 seconds and then spotted after 1 second again, do I get 15 seconds or 4 seconds of bad dispersion?

And: Does the dispersion increase also work against planes? The description mentions "shells", so I guess not, but just to clarify.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles

Quick observations after a few games.

Was the massive nerf to secodnary builds necessary?

French BBs got a secondary range equals to that of German BBs, but they have the same dispersion as everyone else meaning that the secondary shells just fall into water around the target ship, even at sub 5km ranges with priority target selected and the skill. French BBs were already hurt with the nerf to IFHE because their 100mm guns can't penetrate anything after it, now they can't even hit.

Can't the dispersion of all BBs secondaries be improved? Or at least the skill, because +35% is nothing. You talk big about choice but right now everyone is being pigeon holed into spawn camping sniping in BBs.

Also special and unique captains need a skill rework. Some have skills only applicable to one class, some have skills spread out around several classes.

PS: The only positive right now I can find is that I can use unique captains on every premium regardless of class.

• Cool 7

[PUSH]
Weekend Tester
168 posts
26,081 battles

I miss the old "Assign to Ship" button in context menu of Captains. Was that too difficult to keep? Now i have to go to that ship and put the captain in it...:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles

So, to restore old commander builds and thus, old ship performance I'd have to pump every lv19 commander with 1.2m exp to get them to lv21

:cap_book:

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles
20 minutes ago, Panocek said:

So, to restore old commander builds and thus, old ship performance I'd have to pump every lv19 commander with 1.2m exp to get them to lv21

:cap_book:

And even then you will get diminished returns because most useful skills have been nerfed.

• Cool 4

Players
229 posts
7,274 battles

Please put the Dev(s) who thought it was a good idea to remove nearly all the defensive skills from cruiser captains in front of a camera (1) to explain why they thought it was good idea and (2) to do a meaningful Q&A on their "good idea" with some of the CC's.

• Cool 10

Players
17 posts
18,698 battles

Leider keine neuen Spielinhalte sondern Verwaltungskram. Bei einigen Skills sollte man 'nen Taschenrechner neben den PC legen um zu berechnen wann welcher Skill im Gefecht wirkt und wann nicht. Ne, ne, nee: Das gibt Mäcker von Eckard! - Das Matchmaking - zumindest in den gewerteten Gefechten - ist auch für die Füße! Ich warte nur auf meine VR-Brille für meinen Flusi und dann bin ich hier weg. Herr Sehales sollte mal bei Jeff Bezos in die Schule gehen und etwas über die Behandlung von Kunden(!) lernen.

• Cool 1

[BPC]
Players
139 posts
6,982 battles

So far into the new update i have not seen any improvement of my captain skills, only a decline. the same build i had on many of my ships are either more expensive, or some integral skills have been nerfed to the ground or are completely unavailable for the ship class. if i were to rate the update so far it'd be a 3/10.

• Cool 4

Players
4 posts
3,343 battles

I'm more irritated that my 19 point captains weren't boosted to 21 point captains, I thought there would've been some kind of compensation...

• Cool 4

[WG]
WG Staff
6,689 posts
4,521 battles
Před 2 minutami AlexMLB3598 řekl/a:

I'm more irritated that my 19 point captains weren't boosted to 21 point captains, I thought there would've been some kind of compensation...

Unfortunately not. All captains stayed with the same amount of captain skill points, only the maximum number was increased. Therefore there was no need to boost those to 21, is it would kinda require to boost every single commander with that amount of captain XP, which is simply impossible.

Před 16 minutami leeuwbart řekl/a:

So far into the new update i have not seen any improvement of my captain skills, only a decline. the same build i had on many of my ships are either more expensive, or some integral skills have been nerfed to the ground or are completely unavailable for the ship class. if i were to rate the update so far it'd be a 3/10.

Captains skills changed a lot, that is true. Some original skills were changed and some didn't make it through. But now atleast you have much more options to set your commander, to boost him in a way, how you prefer it most.

So, which integral skills were nerfed to the ground, in your opinion?

Also which skills are you missing in certain classes?

All relevant and particular feedback is very important to us.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 4

Players
229 posts
7,274 battles

I have Viktor Znamensky and yesterday, pre-update, on Moskva he had three enhanced skills, today on Moskva he effectively has one, the others are on skills that cruisers have "forgotten" how to use. Is this an aspect of the update that the Dev(s) who concocted this hadn't considered ? If so please save us from their next good idea.

If I buy a Commander from the shop then I want to be able to use all of his enhanced skills regardless of ship class.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles
4 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Which will be ignored if it doesn't fit the "vision" the devs have. We have seen it with the CV rework and we will see it here. WG doesn't care about feedback and we all know it.

• Cool 13

[WROCK]
Alpha Tester
22 posts
13,850 battles

Why we don't have the option to play with DD skills on a cruiser or any combination like this? Or even better, we keep the 21 points skill system, but don't group them in 4 different groups for every type of ship. For exemple, now i can't extend the firing range of Smolensk above 16km. Anyway, if history taught me something, is that Wargaming won't listen to players and do their own thing. Probably you will ruin this game too, like you did with Warplanes...

• Cool 1

[BPC]
Players
139 posts
6,982 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:
20 minutes ago, leeuwbart said:

Captains skills changed a lot, that is true. Some original skills were changed and some didn't make it through. But now atleast you have much more options to set your commander, to boost him in a way, how you prefer it most.

So, which integral skills were nerfed to the ground, in your opinion?

Also which skills are you missing in certain classes?

Super intendent is missing for the BB's for one which i loved to utilize. One of the skills for bbs i am unhappy of is the dead eye skill for the BB's as it fully says the bb's should snipe as there are just a few situations upclose this skill actually works for. Take the dunkerque for example, the skill mostly would be possible to use in a section of 1,8km between the detectability radius by sea and the main arnament  shooting distance.

Another skill which i doubt will be worth it is the super heavy ap skill, in this heavy he spamming meta we sure love to burn a lot longer to get an extra 5% damage if the shells hit properly. 

Thus my main issue is, this change encourages bb sniping and makes HE spamming more viable if bbs use the super heavy ap skill, both things which aren't liked much by a lot of people of the community reading through the forums. The situational requirements make it hard to like

• Cool 6

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
10 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

is it would kinda require to boost every single commander with that amount of captain XP, which is simply impossible.

It's literally one line in the code but ok. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 7