59 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles

WG_WoWS_SPB_Branding_0100_Twitch_1200x480.jpg

Captains!

Due to the installation of the update, the server will be unavailable:

On Thursday 21st January 2021 from 06:00 until 09:00 CET (UTC+1)

As soon as the server is updated and server maintenance is complete, you'll be able to immediately play the new version of World of Warships.

All information about Update 0.10.0 can be found in the portal article Update 0.10.0: Commander Skills Update

• Bad 8

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
32,249 battles

update live, no changes visible (old commander UI + skills )  ?!?

[STEPA]
Players
59 posts
2,580 battles
16 minutes ago, TataLup said:

update live, no changes visible (old commander UI + skills )  ?!?

update for EU is in few hours.

• Cool 1

[UK-RN]
Players
10 posts
11,949 battles

Er - have you broken Petro radar duration in 10.0?

This is with all upgrades and skills:

Petro 19.8 sec

Nevsky 39.6sec

Stalingrad 43.56sec

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

well... captain perks rework is still heavily bias toward set builds.

a lot of what could be possible options killed off by other cudgel game mechanics like fire chance and detectability making those options repulsive.

given you built the game to be heavily founded on these very inflexible systems.

why didnt you base the detectability on gun bloom? thats another mechanic that could be used for balancing but is aggressivly oversimplified

heavy shells linked to ancient janky fire and flood mechanics, when it could have been linked to mag detonation(which needs redone), or turret disable instead(which could be heavily expanded upon).

a close quarters perk based on clunky secondary range stats when % of main battery range would be much less binary. there is very little in the middle range of secondary firing ranges.

the fact its worded to like it stacks upon the secondary range perk amused me though.

cruisers with middle range secondaries dont get access to this perk

interceptor needs a caviat that it will hit fighters if fighters are the only thing spotting a friendly ship so it can be used to stop spot abuse. y'all nurfed fighters on ships on the basis that they werent supposed to spot. this is another thing you need to fix.

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Players
45 posts
36,826 battles

So i get stucked in chatserver unavailable after 1 game in divition.. Is this a known bug already

[KINGS]
Players
51 posts
23,899 battles

client freezes in port randomly. When trying to filter ships in the carousel, or just when being inactive, within 5 minutes of starting the game. With or without the modpack. It was happening with previous patches every now and then, but I started this 0.10 thing and it's done it twice within the initial 10 minutes.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 1 hodinou Dobbel0 řekl/a:

So i get stucked in chatserver unavailable after 1 game in divition.. Is this a known bug already

Před 48 minutami whiskey_sk řekl/a:

client freezes in port randomly. When trying to filter ships in the carousel, or just when being inactive, within 5 minutes of starting the game. With or without the modpack. It was happening with previous patches every now and then, but I started this 0.10 thing and it's done it twice within the initial 10 minutes.

Guys, sorry, that you had to face those issues and probably bugs. Can you please both compile a WGCheck and create a bug report ticket to Customer Support? All relevant detailed information is helping us to identify the bug and possibly finding a fix for that.

Players
106 posts
19,216 battles

image.thumb.png.6f16580ffe734e451052dca34c44a6a7.png

Yes 1.2 million has to be spent, just so I can continue generating Elite XP.

WG making game progression more difficult.

A new player would be so daunted by the epic grind that they have to do.

Everyone press F11.... Well done WG.

Don't get me started on Dead Eye. You just made the Slava T11

• Cool 7

[EHPAD]
Players
14 posts
5,589 battles

Paolo Emilio's exhaust smoke can't follow her at full speed anymore. Please fix asap? She's quite unplayable with such a core feature not working.

Why were the aiming lines removed on CVs with multiple torps per plane? Just why?? I cannot think of any good reason to change this.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles

Skills needed reworking, what we had was just stale and one dimensional.

At the moment, it feels like day 2 of the CV rework all over again. More needs to be done in terms of tweaks and balance changes to both boats and the skills themselves. I just hope WG don't drag this out too long. But I don't hold much hope on this.

The new GUI is good as far as it goes, I like the features added. However, since handling and developing commanders now has a very real cost implication in terms of time and money, I think we need a dedicated tab in the port screen, where we can manage all of our commanders.

The big down which masks all the positive work this rework should hail, is the cost of the extra 2 points available and the effect it has on the new / casual player, and their progression. The bar has been raised significantly, especially when you consider the point value of some basic base skills has been increased. Add in the new cash costs and the whole thing reeks of P2W.

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
15,038 battles

The entire captain rework is honestly a piece of **** (censored myself since I don't want to be rude ;) and I can't believe how you guys could think this would improve things even the slightest? How could you even release this to public, it is obviously that the "rework" is flawed in its core. 

I usually don't post in the forum but this update really made me so frustrated that I went the extra mile to post this here. 

Besides that, I've the strong feeling that the update removed a reload booster and speed boost consumable from my Bourgogne, how can you remove one entire consumable without compensation? These are core attributes of the ship and you just removed them. Honestly WG, I'm speechless about how incompetent some of your devs must be in order to think this would be a good update. I am frustrated but honestly not surprised after enduring your CV rework for the past couple of months. 

Watch Flamu or other streamers in order to see some sort of community feedback because you're in dire need of it. 

Edited by mhmahasosso
Censoring myself
  • Cool 8

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
20 posts
23,156 battles

I'm so close to Rage Quit.

Edit: To be completly honest it's not the new skills that are getting me mad but the nerfs you did on my ships stats.

Players
10 posts
7,745 battles

34 matches, 21 wins. All the losses were when I pushed in in the early or mid phases of the game. Sit sniping at the back (which I detest) won every time.

Dead eye makes an average player like me an excellent sniper. Difficult for me to do otherwise given I am trying to improve my stats only just entering year 2 of playing.

Disappointing and boring

[NUKED]
[NUKED]
Players
37 posts
6,283 battles

Don’t know if it’s just me, but game performance has been down the drain since the update. I’ve had periods of extremely bad lag, especially for European torpedoes and when I start firing with a rapid fire dd.

[BMD]
Players
579 posts
18,814 battles

This here must be a bug in the system because there are 2 warning signs that warn about having signals mounted and cammoflage mounted @MrConway

2021-01-22 (2).png

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,139 posts
22,935 battles
48 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

This here must be a bug in the system because there are 2 warning signs that warn about having signals mounted and cammoflage mounted @MrConway

2021-01-22 (2).png

That's a mod issue mate. Looks like the old version of carousel extended, a new update was posted today.

Players
6 posts
5,643 battles

WoW W.G you really did a good one on this. Basically making the game even more broken and shitty. 
You promote the "Camping in startline, spam H.E like its a firesale, stay behind a rock"   
No one will push, brawling is dead, useless skills and just 1 playstyle for BB's and CA's. DDs struggle hard allready due to the horrible C.V rework. What is next, submarines w. nukes? 
Deadeye makes it so that no single BB will move forward. Congratulations in doing the worst job ever on a patch. 
What happened to the  balanse that was supposed to come ? Matchmaking gives 1 team a totally O.P match and they  annihilate the other side.   

How about you start to listen to the playerbase, the streamers that have some knowledge, the super testers and the ppl that actually want to play the game and have fun.  You know those whom pay your bills ? 
You keep sending ppl in game Q's "how was your battle" do you even read those and check the % of how many that complain ? 
If this is were the game is heading, and this is what is going to be the future, then im affraid you will "bleed" players and the game will die.  Stop beeing stupid, stubborn and think that there is only the "Russian" way of doing anything. 

• Cool 5

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,290 posts
26,255 battles

Premium ships received a nerf by losing their extra consumables since SI no longer works the way it used to.

Deadeye which makes for better dispersion (but results may vary since it relies on RNG as well) makes battleships stay stuck to map's border and the issue was that they were already camping before the patch, now they do it even more.

It'd be better if we could use one captain on 4 tech tree ships at the same time instead of just one.

Not to mention the absurd amount of xp needed to bring one captain to 21 points while at the same time dismissing a fully trained one to get his xp costs a hefty amount of 15k doubloons.  We trained these commanders by playing hard so why do we get punished?

Not satisfied with this patch at all.

• Cool 7

[ARVI]
Players
160 posts
5,554 battles

This has to be the worst game development strategy in any evolving game I ever played.

Even in T5-7 games the ENTIRE team is sitting on the spawnline, slinging HE. Even destroyers.

Don't you play your own game? 

I think the developers need to stop telling us about "what changes" - start telling us WHY and WHERE exactly they want the gameplay to go. 

Then we may as paying customers decide whether we want to continue or not at all. 

• Cool 6

Players
2,328 posts
20,586 battles

If nothing else I have never seen an update which has resulted in such anger in battle so much arguing between teammates, it’s always been there “noob dd why you push, radar cheat, bb stop camping behind and shooting that island” are all normal but the amount of rage and vitriol in battles now is truly impressive and if you kill some one “hacks and cheat, will report you bot”. 

• Cool 5