Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Dissappointment about the Interceptor Skill.

12 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,216 posts
9,992 battles

I just Noticed. They did Reveal the actual Data on the T4 Interceptor Skill for CVs.

The Increase by N-Kilometers (TBA Value)

Had now been Clarified to be just a 10% Increase in Action Radius.

Which means something around 300-500m

So not even 1km Increase....

That is very Dissappointing. And makes that Skill Completely Useless in my Eyes.

Because this ability Sacrifices one of the Most Importand Abilities of the CV. Which is to use Fighters for Spotting. And a 10% Increase in Action Radius ist just nowhere even remotely Worth that Sacrifice.

It would have been needed to an Increase of at least 2km to even have a Chance of being Worth that Sacrifice. Because otherwise with the Laughable Short 1 Minute Action Time. These Fighters will never actually do anything.

So much for my Idea to maybe try going for a Fighter Build with my CV and test out if its something that could Work.

Guess Wargaming absolutely does not Want that CVs try to Fight the Enemy CV.

With this Laughable Increase I dont even need to Bother trying out the Build I was thinking about.

10% Increase in exchange for losing the Option to use Fighters as Spotters. Is just absolutely not Worth it.

Its basicly a T4 Skill that is a Nerf to your Ship lol.....

• Cool 3

[DK-CP]
[DK-CP]
Players
18 posts
9,493 battles

they should have done it so interceptor was the standard on all CV, and then made a skill where you shift them to fighters that could spot, i think that could please some of the community, and it would be a skill sought after but i would come with a price (4pts) and maybe a 10 decrease in radius.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
4,216 posts
9,992 battles
1 hour ago, Nitten79 said:

they should have done it so interceptor was the standard on all CV, and then made a skill where you shift them to fighters that could spot, i think that could please some of the community, and it would be a skill sought after but i would come with a price (4pts) and maybe a 10 decrease in radius.

I would actually like that lol

[SCRUB]
Players
4,026 posts
21,570 battles

That's actually not a bad idea - in my opinion 

:cap_like:

Players
1,330 posts
20,998 battles

44 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I would actually like that lol

28 minutes ago, lup3s said:

That's actually not a bad idea - in my opinion

Just some? A lot of surface ships would love that, starting with DDs (no focus by other ships but the CV if you're spotted at distance), although it would add for them the uncertainty of the carrier having the skill or not. OTOH, if you wish to CV snipe with Musashi/Yamato, yours must have it, thus CV hulls would also be safer for a while (big gun sniping has almost gone out of fashion anyway, so...). Too many people would be pleased with your proposal, and we shouldn't improve the overall satisfaction of the playerbase, should we?

Right now I have to agree with Sunleader's assessment: Interceptor seems to me a noob trap like... Emergency Deck Operations was its name? in RTS times, and I stopped being a CV main with the rework. It's even worse than that: it costs 2 more skill points (the RTS one was only 2 points IIRC). But hey, a nice sounding name and an increase in CAP control radius, plenty will fall for it.

Salute.

Players
3,998 posts
21,128 battles
2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

one of the Most Importand Abilities of the CV. Which is to use Fighters for Spotting.

That's not an important ability, it's a design flaw by a misguided and incapable design team. These people are simply doing what they do best. :Smile_sceptic:

EDIT: interesting: I just noticed I haven't played a random battle in 3 weeks apparently ^^

• Cool 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

The Increase by N-Kilometers (TBA Value)

Had now been Clarified to be just a 10% Increase in Action Radius.

Which means something around 300-500m

So not even 1km Increase....

That is very Dissappointing. And makes that Skill Completely Useless in my Eyes.

What did you expect m8, WG actually making some skill really matter for the overall performance? ^^

Its all money grab placebo with them these days... :Smile_sceptic:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,152 posts
22,966 battles

Its basicly a T4 Skill that is a Nerf to your Ship

That's the design idea behind several new skills. You pick it to hurt yourself and your team for no real benefit.

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles

Didn't El2azer or someone point out ages back that this skill was a bad idea anyway? I recall someone saying something about how it just makes it easier to lure fighters into friendly AA by waiting until the reach the other side of the extended patrol radius then simply triggering them and having even more time to fly back to a friendly ship before they catch you?

Not that it will happen but with a name like Interceptor it would have been cool (and made more sense IMO) if when you hit the deploy fighter squadron consumable button it changed it so the fighters spawned them ON the enemy CV's squadron instead of your squadron allowing you to "Intercept" them from anywhere on the map (with a warning to the enemy CV that fighters were about to engage)

Players
169 posts
20,623 battles
7 hours ago, Sunleader said:

It would have been needed to an Increase of at least 2km to even have a Chance of being Worth that Sacrifice. Because otherwise with the Laughable Short 1 Minute Action Time. These Fighters will never actually do anything.

Unless you have jet fighters such a wide area can't covered fast enough. 

Speaking of jets all WG has to do is to reactivate them as tier X US CV used to have some.

[THESO]
4,216 posts
9,992 battles
18 minutes ago, Sink_Different said:

Unless you have jet fighters such a wide area can't covered fast enough. 

Speaking of jets all WG has to do is to reactivate them as tier X US CV used to have some.

Mate. The Planes in the Game are like 200 meter in Diameter and Cover like 1km per Second.

Most Ships are like 1km or Bigger in Length and Drive with Speed of like 200kph and more.

So Pls dont even try to somehow Link this to Reality.

This is Purely a Gameplay and Balance Matter.

Thats why Fighters can only Stay in Action for 60 Seconds. When in Reality even their Intercept Fuel Tank would Outlast the Entire Match.

Thats why Carriers are Participating in a Tactical Engagement Starting Aircraft while under Fire and in Range of Enemy Ships. When in Reality the CV would immediately Abandon all Aircraft either Dumping Aircraft and Ordnance into the Water or bring it below Deck while going Full Speed away from Battle cause a Single Hit into its Upper Decks could otherwise Ignite the Tons of Fuel and Ordnance sitting on Deck for the Aircraft...

Thats why your Ships are about the Size of a City (Which looks Funny when you Check some Islands with smaller Villages on them and Realize your Destroyer is basicly as Big as the Whole City) while in Reality it should be about the Size of maybe a Single Street.

So No. We dont need Jet Fighters for this.

Its a Pure Game Balance Matter.

Players
169 posts
20,623 battles
17 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Mate. The Planes in the Game are like 200 meter in Diameter and Cover like 1km per Second.

Most Ships are like 1km or Bigger in Length and Drive with Speed of like 200kph and more.

So Pls dont even try to somehow Link this to Reality.

This is Purely a Gameplay and Balance Matter.

Thats why Fighters can only Stay in Action for 60 Seconds. When in Reality even their Intercept Fuel Tank would Outlast the Entire Match.

Thats why Carriers are Participating in a Tactical Engagement Starting Aircraft while under Fire and in Range of Enemy Ships. When in Reality the CV would immediately Abandon all Aircraft either Dumping Aircraft and Ordnance into the Water or bring it below Deck while going Full Speed away from Battle cause a Single Hit into its Upper Decks could otherwise Ignite the Tons of Fuel and Ordnance sitting on Deck for the Aircraft...

Thats why your Ships are about the Size of a City (Which looks Funny when you Check some Islands with smaller Villages on them and Realize your Destroyer is basicly as Big as the Whole City) while in Reality it should be about the Size of maybe a Single Street.

So No. We dont need Jet Fighters for this.

Its a Pure Game Balance Matter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

Sign in to follow this