Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
strachwitz

FIJI gets buffed update 0.10.00 !!

24 comments in this topic

[-LDO-]
Players
10 posts
5,697 battles

Hi sailors ,

Fiji getting a nice buff in 0.10.0 !

wtf Fiji was not op enough....:etc_swear:

image.png.11c9c703ef736169fd1cf1775d94440b.png

Brittania  rules the waves and blabla ....

And I'm stuck with a ugly duck gained from Hizen dockyard called a Yaki, Yuma, ah aaaaa YAHAGI. Please WG let me swap it for a Fiji !!

:cat_paw:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,782 battles
3 minutes ago, strachwitz said:

Please WG let me swap it for a Fiji !!

Fiji is a T7 tech tree ship... It's not like it's hard to get or something.

[FAILS]
Players
706 posts
21,785 battles
4 minutes ago, strachwitz said:

Hi sailors ,

And I'm stuck with a ugly duck gained from Hizen dockyard called a Yaki, Yuma, ah aaaaa YAHAGI. Please WG let me swap it for a Fiji !!

:cat_paw:

If you want a Fiji, why not just buy it? It is there in the tech tree easily accessible for everyone...

And it is more of a case of a little bit of historical accuracy than intended as a buff, I believe. There are few guns it makes a difference against, mostly German 150 mm and Mogami 155 mm with IFHE and the 51 mm covers a relatively small part of the ship.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Nice, Fiji si one of my fav boats... :Smile_child:

• Cool 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Thats actually a nerf.

It doesnt gain anything from that, because nothing can overmatch 38mm in the first place. Even for HE shells, it doesnt actually matter, because that area is pretty small, and actually ontop of the ship (plunging fire? nah, doesnt exist anyway)

So what does it do?

It will actually arm AP bombs from CVs now! Edinburgh has the same 51mm armor in the midsection, and it does arm AP bombs. 38mm does not, atleast so i heard.

• Cool 15

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles
15 minutes ago, strachwitz said:

Good that you know what you are talking about. Oh wait! you dont! you actually dont understand a thing about the gamemechanics! perfect!

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,598 battles
35 minutes ago, strachwitz said:

It is only the small part of the deck (Auxiliary Room Armour) and going from 38mm to 51mm is this case is not a big deal actually.

fiji.thumb.png.f2470951c61d8a41ba56876da8c8c470.png

It is a Tech Tree ship. How about you actually put some effort and grind it yourself instead of asking WG to do your job.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats actually a nerf.

It doesnt gain anything from that, because nothing can overmatch 38mm in the first place. Even for HE shells, it doesnt actually matter, because that area is pretty small, and actually ontop of the ship (plunging fire? nah, doesnt exist anyway)

So what does it do?

It will actually arm AP bombs from CVs now! Edinburgh has the same 51mm armor in the midsection, and it does arm AP bombs. 38mm does not, atleast so i heard.

Yep.

Poor CV players, WG had to help them somehow (nerfing AA into the ground, commander skill rework was not enough obviously) and ensuring that AP bombs arm is a step in the right direction.

And lets ignore the fact that citadels were previously possible anyway, because F*** surface ships.

It also sends a clear message to the few morons who live in the past and still play surface ships: F*** you and just dodge!

In regards to OPs desire to get Fiji:

Grind it, or flash your credit card, buy Dubloons, exchange Xp for FXP, buy Fiji. The way WG intended the whole "grinding" thing in the first place.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Poor CV players, WG had to help them somehow

I can basicly see what happened there:

One of those CV lovers in WG HQ, fapping on surface plebs with his CV. Then he drops a Fiji with AP bombs and gets overpens. Starts sobbing like a little baby, dropping into fetal position. Someone from balancing tells him, the deck armor is not thick enough to arm AP bombs. CV baby then starts demanding to increase fiji deck armor - and here we are :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[FLASH]
Players
420 posts
17,830 battles

2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

One of those CV lovers in WG HQ, fapping on surface plebs with his CV. Then he drops a Fiji with AP bombs and gets overpens. Starts sobbing like a little baby, dropping into fetal position. Someone from balancing tells him, the deck armor is not thick enough to arm AP bombs. CV baby then starts demanding to increase fiji deck armor - and here we are :cap_fainting:

Sounds quite plausible ...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Armour buffs are deceiving.

They can turn overpens into pens.

• Cool 3

Players
600 posts
5,053 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Armour buffs are deceiving.

It turs overpens into pens.

There was never much risk of overpens on RN light cruisers, those things eat citadels for breakfast, lunch and dinner :P. Except for CV AP bombs.

And now even that bug has been corrected.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I can basicly see what happened there:

Do we have a CVBaby Bingo card yet?

[PANEU]
Players
4,319 posts
12,420 battles
Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

Do we have a CVBaby Bingo card yet?

No because CVs are OP they don't cry like BBaby

[TACHA]
Players
1,554 posts
17,633 battles

Fiji is my favourite ship - it didn't need a 'buff' and certainly not this one - still worried about the Commander Rework's effect on RN light cruisers though.

• Cool 1

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

I love my fiji now I'm just CV fodder, unbelievable how anyone could think this was a buff.

Don't worry, it is gonna happen to your favourite ships as well, CV's are money makers for WG, newer players love them because all of a sudden they are at back, taking no damage and they can wreak havoc, even without hitting a thing.

I'm also a newer player and think they are OP as well, I thought this game was about naval warfare.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 hours ago, strachwitz said:

Hi sailors ,

Learn game mechanics, this is a nerf, not a buff, 51mm wont stop anything, what it will do is make more AP and bombs arm. In much thesame way smolensk had its armor thickened to nerf it.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,061 battles
9 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So, it's really just another CV buff?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,061 battles
1 hour ago, snadge666 said:

I'm also a newer player and think they are OP as well, I thought this game was about naval warfare.

I'd like to point out we've not seen Russian/Soviet CVs yet - given what WG have done to the BBs and CAs it's up to your imagination how powerful these 'paper ships' will be - probably CVs from the 1980s with Jets, guided missiles etc

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

So, it's really just another CV buff?

It certainly has no meaning in fighting other ships - literally doesnt do anything.

So, i guess that can be answered with: yes.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,598 battles

IMO, it is actually just a fixing mistake and bringing the deck armour on its historical value, as deck armour was 2 inch thick. I doubt it is intended as CV buff because, if I'm not wrong, even 38mm was already enough to arm T6 and T8 AP bombs. The only part of the Fiji deck that could arm AP bombs, would still be able to arm AP bombs. Only significant difference is that this part of the deck will no longer be pen by German 150mm guns but as this is really a small part of the deck and ship overall it will have minimal effect on anything.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this