You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Final tally of captains and ships before upcoming Captain skill rework "upgrade"...

33 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,103 posts
18,957 battles

Hi all,

Final tally of captains and ships before upcoming Captain skill rework "upgrade"...

I currently have grand total of 205 ships in my port:

• 108 "Silver"
  • 97 "Premium" / "Special"

All my "Silver" ships have captains assigned and best of them double for my "Premium" / "Special" ships:

• 19 Points = 21
  • 18 Points = 0
  • 17 Points = 0
  • 16 Points = 4
  • 15 Points = 5
  • 14 Points = 4
  • 13 Points = 5
  • 12 Points = 5
  • 11 Points = 4
  • 10 Points = 27
  • 9 Points = 0
  • 8 Points = 5
  • 7  Points = 2
  • 6 Points = 10
  • 5 Points = 5
  • 1-4 Points = 11

In Reserve I have additional captains (not specifically assigned as main commanders on "Silver" ships) - I used to use them as I added new "Silver" ships to my port whilst grinding my "forgotten / neglected" lines:

• 10 Points = 10
  • 8 Points = 1
  • 6 Points = 26

And, last but not least, at the start of thus "upgrade" captain conversion I have enough "Elite Captain XP" to convert one single 19 point captain to 21 points... not much but it should do for now... I really have no choice here...  :Smile-angry:

How are you doing regarding this upcoming "upgrade" of Captain skills?

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I switched some captains between ships and started their retraining with 1 coop match. I hope the retraining will really be finished with the update, or i will be screwed :)

Never checked how much captains i have but there are a few 19 pointers.

Grinding the coal to get Lütjens because i have most of the german premium/special ships.... or maybe Marceau? I am not sure.

So one could say i try to not give a F regarding this upcoming sh*tshow called "skill rework".

Players
2,797 posts
33,739 battles
16 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Have more captains than ships which means way too many to count including the 19 pointers. Not gonna spend 1 hour for it, sorry :cap_haloween:

Players
3,479 posts
17,237 battles

I have 4,828,000  Elite XP, which IIRC is enough for boosting 4 captains from 19 to 21 points.

Germany, France and the UK will get priority of course (in line with previously stated preferences)

Not sure who will get the 4th 21-point captain - possibly USA because of the number of premium ships.

image.png.6ceb6483c0951acb247b26b73a097edf.pngimage.png.3d8aa9f2b69c1ca0699948c419c61e37.png

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles

I will probably not boost captains to 21 points as I prefer to boost new captains to 10/14 points or use Free XP for ships.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

About the info "any captain in retraining will be retrained automatically"....

What does that mean?

Is it enough to just put a captain on some ship and hit last option "free of charge", or do I have to do 200k silver option?

Players
1,859 posts
23,183 battles
42 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I dont know how many ships I have.... at T10 I have all, except 5. Every one has a 19 Pt Captain. The grind will be horrendous, maybe not even doable in my lifetime. 

Due to luck with the X-Mas rewards I have enough CXP to make 5 Captains 21 Pters instantly. 

(Note: I was saving up CFXP since I knew the costs)

These will be:

Lütjens for Hindi (and all GER Prems I have)

Sansonetti for Venice (but only bcs I love Yolo E)

Halsey for Dessi (and a lot of US Prems)

Ovetchkin (RU) for Tashkent bcs Tashkent. 

Abuneu (spelling) for Morgador and some FR Prems (even tho Honore might be a better pick). 

This covers my most played ships. And I hope to farm CFXP to slowly upgrade the other captains. 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,816 battles
24 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

What does that mean?

Is it enough to just put a captain on some ship and hit last option "free of charge", or do I have to do 200k silver option?

Good question, if somebody has an answer (maybe from the NA forum) coud also tag me

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
33 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Put him on the new ship > free retraining > IMPORTANT: play one match so the retraining is started

That´s how it was explained by some WG guy here in the forum. Can´t remember who it was.

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
1,403 posts
14,536 battles

How will y'all handle the automatic respec? Use it as a starting point or opt out?

Weekend Tester
870 posts
10,262 battles

I have about 300 captains, of which about 20 are 19 pointers.

I have about 1m captain XP available, so no 21 pointer for me.  I do have about 3m FXP, but I'm not about to be strong-armed into using that on captains.

Personally, I won't be spending one doubloon or one FXP point on this captain re-speccing. If it turns out that my gameplay has become less competitive relative to others as a result, then I'll probably just switch 100% to co-op and let my account run down.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3,922 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I've moved some captains about, ready to get the free retraining tomorrow.

I took the opportunity to move my Moskva captain (18pts) back to the silver line, so I can complete the grind, and skill him up on the way.

As a casual gamer with 1 19pt captain, with not a lot of elite commander XP, I have no intention of falling for the cash grab. It seems like I'm going to be playing a lot of Narai with what few appropriate flags and camo's I have to try and get my 19pter up to 21 to start earning that elite commander XP again.

WG just raised the bar higher for non vet players.

• Cool 2

Players
1,088 posts

I'm not a competitive player, I just get one commander per ship and then let them train up as they will while I play (which I suspect is less often than most). I'll probably just get everyone reset and then go through them as and when I decide to take the ship out, picking what looks good after a bit of consideration. Seems like a homework assignment to me, so I want to try and avoid any headaches of over-information, statistical analyses etc.

Looking forward to the extra doubloons though ;)

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
1 minute ago, NobleSauvage said:

Looking forward to the extra doubloons though ;)

i guess you can get them from gold ranked battle

[BGA]
Players
16 posts
7,241 battles

WG confirmed on stream that there will be a button resetting all captains after the patch so you don't have to do it one by one.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,207 posts
9,991 battles

I am gonna use that Button as well ^^

I am too Lazy to go through my over Hundred Ships and Captains to Retrain them to a Ship tough.

Then again. Its likely not needed. I tend to use a Specific Captain for each Ship. So it should work itself out.

• Cool 1

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

What does that mean?

Finally found the post:

Players
2,048 posts
14,514 battles

Too lazy to go over every captain, will probably focus on the ones I use more and go from there. I've been saving XP and coal for Lutjens since unique commanders will have a lot of value.

Can someone point me to where can I find the final skill trees?

Players
203 posts

~300 ships

~170 tech tree - all with captains

~130 prems/specials - some with captains

some ships (t1-t3) are just to keep captains somewhere. t5 and higher most have at least 10 pointers, usually more

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

sorry, no by commander breakdown, because atm i have 395 ships in port (142 out of 159 prems +13 rare +8 additional) i have every tech ship bar the Lexi and Midway, each one having it's own commander (plus a few prems have individual commanders belfast, massa etc) plus about 50-60 commanders in reserve most of them are 10 pointers from various prems i got, but i did keep a few lower one to maybe trade in for xp.

+3.5 mill elite commander xp

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
25 minutes ago, hypsar said:

~300 ships

~170 tech tree - all with captains

~130 prems/specials - some with captains

some ships (t1-t3) are just to keep captains somewhere. t5 and higher most have at least 10 pointers, usually more

and how much captain xp you have ?

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I can see why this update would seem daunting if you insist on 200-400 ships with high level captains but, why exactly do you need 200-400 ships with high level captains? Just sell crappy tech tree ships and scrap the extra captains with silver for elite xp. When's the last time you played your hipper & colorado? 2015? It's a good opportunity to get rid of some bloat.

• Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,164 battles

ive got enough ecxp to upgrade about 13 commanders to 21 points, but ill probably only upgrade about 8 to cover most of my actually played ships

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
28 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I can see why this update would seem daunting if you insist on 200-400 ships with high level captains but, why exactly do you need 200-400 ships with high level captains? Just sell crappy tech tree ships and scrap the extra captains with silver for elite xp. When's the last time you played your hipper & colorado? 2015? It's a good opportunity to get rid of some bloat.

well, the recent xmas snowflakes got me 9k steel and 90k coal, so they're useful for that i suppose...

• Cool 1