Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shinayan

CV - some ideas to work on

4 comments in this topic

[D-O-D]
Players
2 posts
5,402 battles

Hi!
Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPkAiapYHg4
Decided to post a thread and add a few ideas and thoughts of mine.

Got a few ideas on my own also inspired by others that comment here, so first thx to all of you <3
1. When we start a game, we are loading ammo, torps etc, planes should be done same way - you start preparing the planes on the deck and they are off after 2 mins or so. Early spotting problem solved.

2. Idea in progress: When planes are starting you can see them on radar where they appear >> This way either CV should become visible for a 1 second (not enough to target unless waiting for this) or less hardcore version - updated position on minimap.

3. Altitude change: + high, spotting on minimap only (immune to AA dmg) + medium, spotting on minimap and NONTARGETABLE spotting - low dispersion on shots vs those (like blind shots where you know where the ship is, but invisible); planes get more consistent damage and flacks + low, attack altitude for torps and rockets (planes get more critical damage) + clouds that could act like smokes for planes, prevent vision and gives concealment. Clouds often are close or on some vast area, battles could be in 0-100 % cloud cover divided by 25% stages. Sometimes scattered, sometimes bigger area. Thunderstorms can hit planes too - rng based and planes should have problems while navigating in those (low speed, shakes that turn more or less the plane a bit in some direction)

4. Defensive AA consumable puts you in manual charge of AA guns for the short period - 10-20 sec, 5-6 consumables per game. Short time is good so you can skip 1 shot of main guns, but you can still control ship. You will shoot continuous damage after cursor all the time and fire flacks using LMB.

5. Like the idea of starting planes only on cruising speed - they rly need that initial speed to take off.
6. Fuel? - limited time in the air of a squadron, or limited total distance traveled: if you use a lot early game, later you will have just for close range raids. Surface Ships loos HP, CV's use fuel for flights. Additionally or separately: boosting use 100% more fuel while gliding saves 50% while dropping speed.
7. Altitude addon & range upgrade: There is an effective ground and ceiling range in AA guns, some random https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Flak_18/36/37/41 gun has effective fire range 15km fire range for ground and 8 km for ceiling. AA bubbles could be much bigger in that way, but also damage could scale from almost non existent far away to 100% at close range and 75% at very close range (above). This does not exclude PvE though.
8. #4 + #7 AA can be automated for low damage and switched to manual for high damage. If you are flanking with a CV, mostly you are focused and only thing you focus on is planes. Manual controlled AA would be fighting actively back and thus not being a juicy target. There should be possibility to shoot down full squadron by a good player when you don't need to focus on main guns yet. Could also be consumable dependant.
9. Chance of an attacking plane to be destroyed, not only the "backup" planes of the squadron. That would be also a way to mitigate some damage.
10. Preparation of planes - starting early with 3 planes ready of each type, but slightly improving the restoration rate. To focus early game either on scouting or just low harassment.

,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-.,,.-*''*-., FOR CV's:
1. They could enjoy more active fight vs player manual controlled AA (evading shells or flack wall)
2. Cloud would be an extra environment that they could use for surprise attacks and more in depth tactics in general
3. Fuel or time based flight will need more planning how to effectively utilize planes in combat.
3b. Possibility to select number of planes in a squadron by 1-4 steps (1-4 attack runs) to select tasks: more on spotting or save "fuel" in small harassment attack early game, more decisive attack runs later on.
4. Full squad attack - attacking with full squadron at the same time, but with low accuracy or/and higher damage taken (something like panic mode, but with a risk of loosing full squad due to damage)

[NEXT]
Players
6,110 posts
12,202 battles

I think you will receive some comments, that there is a CV-Discussion thead and also a no-discussion-suggestion thread. Just preparing you

5 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

1. When we start a game, we are loading ammo, torps etc, planes should be done same way - you start preparing the planes on the deck and they are off after 2 mins or so. Early spotting problem solved.

They tested that already, but WG decided against it. I personally wouldn't mind it

6 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

2. Idea in progress: When planes are starting you can see them on radar where they appear >> This way either CV should become visible for a 1 second (not enough to target unless waiting for this) or less hardcore version - updated position on minimap.

I personally think, that Aircrafts actually quite visible, not sure if that is really needed

8 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

3. Altitude change

Would be obviously cool, I'm always for more complexity

10 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

4. Defensive AA consumable puts you in manual charge of AA guns for the short period

I think some more manual control would be good. I had the idea, that the sector burst damage should be aimed instead of auto-applied. And instead of a fixed calue, it could be an flak barrage.

11 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

6. Fuel?

Generally I like the strategical Element, also it would be nicer, if the Hull is more involved into the game. Though I also think, that the secondarie should become manuel main guns.

12 minutes ago, Shinayan said:

9. Chance of an attacking plane to be destroyed, not only the "backup" planes of the squadron. That would be also a way to mitigate some damage.

The thing is, the current design is about, that AAs purpose is to reduce the strike resources of a single squadron, while the CV still has the chance to do at least one strike. That one strike is like a Salvo of a surface ship, which can be mitigated

IF we add more mechanics against CV, then he will become weaker and we need a counter weight

My thought is, that the Damage and spotting should be splitted. Attack planes and bombers should not spot, but recon planes. Those recon planes are only 1 plane per squadron and they also get a special attack run. With this attack run they observe ships and can mark a single ship, where teammates gain -20% dispersion against this target. The damage gets also added to the CV

DD and CLs are counter to recon planes, because they have only one plane. Also the strike planes will have a lower deck number, so the CV has to use at some point the recon planes.

[TFSB]
109 posts
1,986 battles

Greetings! :cap_cool:

Game discussions is always welcome :cap_like:, however, there is a thread dedicated to specefically to CV related discussions. I will link it below.  

This thread will be locked, but feel free to re-post your ideas in the main CV-thread!  :crab:

Kind regards,

Moxy

• Boring 1