Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

which mods and functions that should be default and why?

5 comments in this topic

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

to start with, my own use.

noros dynamic sight.

more intuitive than the standard dynamic sight. as it not only tracks based on a good average speed ships will be moving(30kts?) and adapts well to different shell flight times which the basic one doesn't

the basic static sight should be deleted imo. its basically a tissue tea cup. being the right shape, but purely cosmetic.

"numbergress"

adds numbers to the task objectives post battle rather than just the little bars. communicating information of available dailies and how you are progressing through them.

advanced HP bar

much clearer at a glance than the default.

info panel self

gives a list of your ships vital stats. torpedos being obvious. even now, many players dont know you can hold control to see the range of their torps.

this mod puts it on screen. it could still be clearer, but it is at least there, rather than hidden. the game should be telling new players this info clearly, not hiding it.

ship list v2. 

shows the hp of all spotted ships

autospy minimap. at least some of its functions.

allows you to see the overlapping aa of your whole team. its also very obvious many people are using it, as you see many dd stay inside friendly aa, or see opponant squadrons skirting your own aa range. 

i know there are other mods and packs out there, but i only use the weegee one.

so there are likely more mods out there that should be basic default info.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
536 posts
6,955 battles

Weeb captains.

Ever spent 5 minutes finding the right captain, clicking all the personal files because they all look the same in their portraits?

Now you can easily distinguish them by bust size.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

Would like to install Aslains but it seems to batter my ant virus, so no go, have the WG modstation and am still trying to get to grips with dynamic crosshairs, if shell time is say 10 secs, I lead by 11 secs ( on say a RL cruiser 32ish knots) and my shot misses by a country mile, this is with nomogram one, is that same as noros one as that does not seem an option in modstation.

I went back to static as at least I can calculate at full zoom.

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts
8 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

"numbergress"

adds numbers to the task objectives post battle rather than just the little bars. communicating information of available dailies and how you are progressing through them.

Without any add-ons, in the results screen if you hover the mouse over a task it tells you the exact numbers.

I dont know what its called but I have seen in some replays 2 little countdown clocks showing when each team will win on points. That would be really useful to know as the last ship alive and ahead on points exactly when to just run away and wait for the clock to expire.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,130 battles

I'd suggest (as mentioned by Gebbly) to use the mod that gives a timer of how much time is left in the game - it takes into account the cap progress.  I was going to find the name in Modstation but it's updating along with Game Centre at the moment.

I used to use Aslain's mod but switched to the official Modstation as that seems to be updated quicker than Aslain's (also there should be no question about legality of mods in the official mod pack).

Edited: In the Modpack it's called Score Timer and is available on the third last tab.

Sign in to follow this