Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EpicGoldenCat

US Navy battleships t8-t10

14 comments in this topic

Players
44 posts
4,295 battles

Are the north carolina, iowa and montana good ships in 2021? I am currently moving from new mexico to colorado and I don't know if I should keep grinding or switch the nation instead.

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles

When you can hit with the slow shells, they are fine. But most players have trouble with that.

Players
2,244 posts
9,149 battles

North Carolina is top tier, Iowa and Montana are good ships. NC is one of the highlights of the entire game.

• Cool 4

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
36 minutes ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

Are the north carolina, iowa and montana good ships in 2021? I am currently moving from new mexico to colorado and I don't know if I should keep grinding or switch the nation instead.

All 3 are amazing ships. 

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,588 battles

Ncal is great

Iowa is pretty difficult to play I find, but I believe in it

Montana is one I don't plan to get, it seems like the worst TX battleship

The slowshells can be very frustrating because you have to anticipate even a large battleship's dodge unless you're hugging them.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
1 hour ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

Colorado is considered the stinker of the line but so many people love the North Carolina (for me i did not click with it but i absolutely loved the Iowa and only after playing the iowa did i click with the North Carolina)

The Colorado is the last slow battle ship in the line after that you get to keep its heavy hitting shells only you get much faster and better AA and rather good concealment for BB's.

Heck i rather like the Colorado when i get to be top tier with it and yes its rather slow but when you get to fight tier 5's with it you feel so dirty (in a fun way)

Also the Montana is a very good ship its a chunky Iowa with 1 extra turret but damn does that turret add some damage on a good hit sure it lacks a specific gimmick but a solid ship does not need gimmicks (something i want WeeGee to remember)

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
677 posts
26,828 battles

NC is one of the best BBs in the game. It teaches you how to play a BB in the correct way, and all that without gimmicks. Definitely worth playing it, and especially learning with it. 

• Cool 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

they are good. they are on my list of 'least preferential ships to be shot at by under 12km', due to deck pen citedels even ignoring overmatch.

though i must be consistent in saying i dont see why you would want to deal with t8+ campfest gameplay.

Players
829 posts
8,044 battles

I do better in Montana than in any other battleship. It's straight up BB goodness, no gimmicks added. Angle correctly and you'll survive. Speed is good, concealment is decent, AA is irrelevant and the guns... they are the best part. They hit like a ton of exploding bricks. It's my favorite battleship and maybe ship overall.

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,414 posts
16,372 battles

Iowa is really good fast BB if you know how to use it. Monti felt down the pack, ship is good but paper monsters like Kremilin are just better. NC as a T8 is good but also need some skill. Overl imho US BBs from basic line are ok even great (Iowa). :) 

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
308 posts
10,474 battles
14 hours ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

Tier for tier, NC is still good. Yes, Massachutes is kinda just a better NC, but still, she is good if you can lead well.

Iowa is ok-eish but competes with OP premiums like Georgia and Mushasi. She definitely falls into the average category now more than ever.

Montana is very tanky and can hold aggressive positions and push when needed. She can be very effective, but because of the low caliber on her guns, you gotta hunt broadsides and avoid nose in fights. There are certainly easier t10 BBs to play.

• Cool 1

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles
57 minutes ago, st_dasa said:

Tier for tier, NC is still good. Yes, Massachutes is kinda just a better NC, but still, she is good if you can lead well.

Both are using the same guns with the same ballistics. Massa shines with her fast reloading heals and secondaries for occasional fun and giggles, but with only 18km range she don't uptier well, especially when both teams developed severe alergy to W key.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
21 hours ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

Are the north carolina, iowa and montana good ships in 2021?

North Carolina is a wonderful battleship at T8, remains the most accurate battleship at T8, it's pretty small and nimble for a ship with that kind of firepower, best AA at its tier, hits like a truck. Massachusetts is objectively better in every way (except if you're shooting from 17km for some reason) But Massa is a busted ship, don't compare ships to Massa.

Iowa is meh, very squishy, it's much larger and less agile than NC, it gains nothing in firepower. It's "OK" but not great.

Montana is still the king of deleting broadside cruisers because 12 accurate hard hitting guns. It's still great in randoms where you actually get broadsides to shoot, in ranked and clan battles it's kinda bad now because you need 457mm to punish angled cruisers. It's also still the king of deleting light cruisers, from any angle.

NC is great, Iowa is meh, Montana is good. All 3 suffer from slow shell velocity, extremely slow for NC.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
21 hours ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

currently moving from new mexico to colorado

The entire line up to and including colorado is trash so hang in there, I would get and keep NC with your hopefully high level captain and stop there as NC is the queen of this line, the only better T8 battleship is €35. But there's better options at T9 and T10. If you want a good T7 and T10, go up the Russian line and keep Sinop + Kremlin.

Sign in to follow this