Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FrankvC_Jr

Mac OS reward?

22 comments in this topic

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles

Hi all!! 

I found this post in Reddit and I believe it may be of interest to someone:

Before you all rage on, please understand that it was really difficult for us Mac users to play this game and now we will need to do something about it. 

I assume that the reward will be given on update day but if someone could confirm, I would be thankful. 

I don’t know which server this comes from, but I assume it’s worldwide 

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,339 posts
9,488 battles
35 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Hi all!! 

Before you all rage on, please understand that it was really difficult for us Mac users to play this game and now we will need to do something about it. 

I assume that the reward will be given on update day but if someone could confirm, I would be thankful. 

Hello,

Mac OS has always been a burden for WarGaming, it's no surprise and for a long while they weren't even responsible for the development of the wrapper used for OS-X and it was instead developed by CodeWeavers. I've been saying it for years for people who have a Mac, if you want to use a program on your Apple computer that is designed or performs better on a windows or linux platform then create a dual-partition drive and install windows as an operating system on a dual-boot. It will allow Mac users to switch between whatever Mac OS they're using and Windows. And in fact Apple even has a program that does just the job for you, all you need is a windows key. See here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
22 minutos antes, CptMinia dijo:

Hello,

Mac OS has always been a burden for WarGaming, it's no surprise and for a long while they weren't even responsible for the development of the wrapper used for OS-X and it was instead developed by CodeWeavers. I've been saying it for years for people who have a Mac, if you want to use a program on your Apple computer that is designed or performs better on a windows or linux platform then create a dual-partition drive and install windows as an operating system on a dual-boot. It will allow Mac users to switch between whatever Mac OS they're using and Windows. And in fact Apple even has a program that does just the job for you, all you need is a windows key. See here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468

Regards,

Minia

Yeah I know! Just wanted to know when this “reward” will happen, if it does.

Thanks for the data tho 

Players
197 posts
40 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

Regards,

Minia

its not just mac os that is a burden to lesta studios ... lol

• Funny 1

Players
1,176 posts
13,494 battles
14 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Yeah I know! Just wanted to know when this “reward” will happen, if it does.

Thanks for the data tho 

Quoted reward is BS from another butthurt apple user that fails to see that Apple is to blame here rather than WG. Actual link: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/15628/

As Minia said, Apple is a burden to any game developper, and there are easy fixes- even free, 100% adequate ones, that apple fanboys fail to embrace "cause it doesnt have the shiny apple logo". 

But as said, no actual reward, also still waiting for summer sale 2019 equivalent to steam sale

• Cool 2

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
9 horas antes, Isoruku_Yamamoto dijo:

Quoted reward is BS from another butthurt apple user that fails to see that Apple is to blame here rather than WG. Actual link: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/15628/

As Minia said, Apple is a burden to any game developper, and there are easy fixes- even free, 100% adequate ones, that apple fanboys fail to embrace "cause it doesnt have the shiny apple logo". 

But as said, no actual reward, also still waiting for summer sale 2019 equivalent to steam sale

I have to agree to you to some extent tbh. Mac was, and never will imo, be a good place to play games in. There may be exceptions but the norm is that.

I have no problem trying to use Bootcamp for continue using the game. I only want to know if this reward will appear in 10.0 or not. That’s it. If it doesn’t, I couldn’t care less about it 

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
55 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

I have to agree to you to some extent tbh. Mac was, and never will imo, be a good place to play games in. There may be exceptions but the norm is that.

I have no problem trying to use Bootcamp for continue using the game. I only want to know if this reward will appear in 10.0 or not. That’s it. If it doesn’t, I couldn’t care less about it 

let me translate it for you, somebody made it up, there is no reward, try not to believe everything you read on the internet...

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles

Well that would be explain it in case nothing happens. And I would not be surprised if it actually is a troll, which in that case I think I might report the Reddit user who posted this :fish_viking:

[SVX]
Players
1,382 posts
16,357 battles
4 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Well that would be explain it in case nothing happens. And I would not be surprised if it actually is a troll, which in that case I think I might report the Reddit user who posted this :fish_viking:

we should reprt you as well for spreading false information! ever heard of  

source criticism ?

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
3 minutos antes, albin322 dijo:

we should reprt you as well for spreading false information! ever heard of  

source criticism ?

Don’t you think that I actually wanted to ask in the official forums in case this was true or not? I wanted to have confirmation of this was true.

If it is not, I beg your pardon and I ask the moderators to remove this post. If you happen to want to report me for this, go ahead. I don’t mind. I just wanted to make sure that this info was correct.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles
51 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Don’t you think that I actually wanted to ask in the official forums in case this was true or not? I wanted to have confirmation of this was true.

If it is not, I beg your pardon and I ask the moderators to remove this post. If you happen to want to report me for this, go ahead. I don’t mind. I just wanted to make sure that this info was correct.

The information is correct. I guess phrasing it as a question instead would have helped not to get it labelled as "spreading facts without source", but there is of course no need to remove such posts as you just want confirmation or want to share information.

This will be credited tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
1 hora antes, MementoMori_6030 dijo:

Replace "container with a random Tier VIII Premium ship" with "Tier VI Mac-arov"... :Smile_smile:

I actually got her this Xmas, I might give it a try if only for the lols hahaha :Smile_teethhappy:

13 minutos antes, Sehales dijo:

The information is correct. I guess phrasing it as a question instead would have helped not to get it labelled as "spreading facts without source", but there is of course no need to remove such posts as you just want confirmation or want to share information.

This will be credited tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for this. I guess it was my bad to not include the question marks. I need to check 2 times before I post next time, specially since English is not my native language.

I remember that you helped us also during the faulty translation in Spanish affair a couple of months back. I can’t express with words the respect I had back then for you and how much that respect has increased as of now. 

My best wishes for you all. 

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles

@Sehales sorry to bother you again but it seems something went....wrong?

2080732641_Capturadepantalla2021-01-21alas12_12_54.thumb.png.555ce2416632b205c4f056d6da0895ef.png

As you can see, I can still access the game while playing on Mac. I don't mind but thought you guys might need this data. 

Did not enter battle, just did a quick check in port.

[BOATY]
Players
1,045 posts
15,540 battles
On 1/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, FrankvC_Jr said:

Hi all!! 

2 things

1. They said soon so probably when the .10.0 is ready for mac.
  2. gaming is for the PC MASTER RACE SCRUB

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
23 minutos antes, The_Chiv dijo:

2 things

1. They said soon so probably when the .10.0 is ready for mac.
  2. gaming is for the PC MASTER RACE SCRUB

Well 2 things too:

1 They said WoWs would cease working on Mac from 10.0 onwards and will never go back to being available in Mac. Plus, Sehales confirmed the information to be correct yesterday.

2 I know! But I’m not willing to pay for a computer just to play WoWs. I will use Bootcamp when is necessary 

[BOATY]
Players
1,045 posts
15,540 battles
5 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Well 2 things too:

1 They said WoWs would cease working on Mac from 10.0 onwards and will never go back to being available in Mac. Plus, Sehales confirmed the information to be correct yesterday.

2 I know! But I’m not willing to pay for a computer just to play WoWs. I will use Bootcamp when is necessary 

Yeah I can understand not wanting to buy a pc after spending an ungodly amount of an apple that could be parted out for the same performance at half if not more the cost.

Players
813 posts
2,283 battles

Bootcamp is actually faster for running WoWs on a Mac than the Macos version was.

I persuaded Bootcamped Windows 10 to work on my Macbook Pro 11,1 last year due to 'issues' running the codeweaver wrapper and on the same hardware I get better performance in Windows than Macos....

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
2 minutos antes, Molly_Delaney dijo:

Bootcamp is actually faster for running WoWs on a Mac than the Macos version was.

I persuaded Bootcamped Windows 10 to work on my Macbook Pro 11,1 last year due to 'issues' running the codeweaver wrapper and on the same hardware I get better performance in Windows than Macos....

That is awesome news!! Thanks for the insight, but I will still wait for a bit since I have real life stuff going on. 

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles
47 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

@Sehales sorry to bother you again but it seems something went....wrong?

2080732641_Capturadepantalla2021-01-21alas12_12_54.thumb.png.555ce2416632b205c4f056d6da0895ef.png

As you can see, I can still access the game while playing on Mac. I don't mind but thought you guys might need this data. 

Did not enter battle, just did a quick check in port.

Starting with this update we will not make any further changes or develop the game with MacOS in mind. The game may still work for some time if you still have it installed, but it may not be stable and/or stop working at all at some point in future. In worst case it stops working with the next update, in best case it works for many months, but there is simply no guarantee for anything.

[NKK2]
Players
1,137 posts
5,319 battles
10 minutos antes, Sehales dijo:

Starting with this update we will not make any further changes or develop the game with MacOS in mind. The game may still work for some time if you still have it installed, but it may not be stable and/or stop working at all at some point in future. In worst case it stops working with the next update, in best case it works for many months, but there is simply no guarantee for anything.

Ah I see. Thanks a lot again.

I will patiently wait for the reward. My most sincere thanks again. 

Sign in to follow this