Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
eineboek

Is there a mod to remove ARP special icons?

3 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
65 posts
5,945 battles

Hi there,

at some time in the past I remember that it was possible to replace all collaboration content (including ship names and icons) through the filter in the port. I don't know if this feature has been removed at some point in time, but discussions here in the forum and a ticket answer form the support has led me to the conclusion that I have to solve this problem in other ways.

I already got the thing with the names figured out, but I am still looking for a mod that replaces the ARP and Dragon icons in the match overview with their normal counterparts.

Is there already a mod that does that? If not, is it possible with not too much effort to make my own?

Thanks in advance

Modder
248 posts
9,625 battles

I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't test this, but this should work:

You want to extract the game files for the base ships (Kongo, Myoko, etc.) and use them to replace the game files for the ARP ships.

The easiest way to make a mod is to take an existing similar mod and look at how they did it :) In your case, this mod is a good starting point, because it includes the ship names in the icons: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/68159-0100x-historical-ensigns-contour-icons/

Look for the icons for Kongo, which are named after the internal ID PJSB007. Now you know which files you need to get from the game files. Use the Unpacker to extract those files. Then go back to find the names for the icons of the ARP clone ships, which are named after their internal IDs PJSB705, PJSB706, PJSB707, PJSB708 and PJSB799. Duplicate the Kongo icon that you extracted from the game files four times, so that you have five identical icons. Rename them to the IDs of the ARP ships. Then just move those icons, including the folder structure that they are in, into the mod folder. You can take the Historical Ensigns Contour-icon Mod as an example for how the folders have to look. And that should be all.

Repeat for Myoko, Atago and any other icons that you want to change. If you have trouble finding the icons - Japanese Battleships have IDs starting with PJSB, Japanese Cruisers have IDs starting with PJSC.

[BLITZ]
Players
65 posts
5,945 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, TheKingOfUm sagte:

I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't test this, but this should work:

You want to extract the game files for the base ships (Kongo, Myoko, etc.) and use them to replace the game files for the ARP ships.

The easiest way to make a mod is to take an existing similar mod and look at how they did it :) In your case, this mod is a good starting point, because it includes the ship names in the icons: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/68159-0100x-historical-ensigns-contour-icons/

Look for the icons for Kongo, which are named after the internal ID PJSB007. Now you know which files you need to get from the game files. Use the Unpacker to extract those files. Then go back to find the names for the icons of the ARP clone ships, which are named after their internal IDs PJSB705, PJSB706, PJSB707, PJSB708 and PJSB799. Duplicate the Kongo icon that you extracted from the game files four times, so that you have five identical icons. Rename them to the IDs of the ARP ships. Then just move those icons, including the folder structure that they are in, into the mod folder. You can take the Historical Ensigns Contour-icon Mod as an example for how the folders have to look. And that should be all.

Repeat for Myoko, Atago and any other icons that you want to change. If you have trouble finding the icons - Japanese Battleships have IDs starting with PJSB, Japanese Cruisers have IDs starting with PJSC.

Thanks for the answer! I will try it out as soon as possible.

Sign in to follow this