You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
S_h_i_v_a

How work reports about "plays poorly"?

6 comments in this topic

[URUC]
Players
373 posts

Hello,

i want to understand better how reports work.

Not those about what happens in chat - have seen lot of crap there and have lot of people in my blacklist -  but about "plays poorly".

I see those reports mostly on  2 classes: DDs and CVs.

CVs: everyone wants support on their position, CVs can handle only one squadron on one position.  Or someone pretends to spot DDs who disable AA and are impossible to find.

DDs: some DDs don't cap but go elsewhere (suppose spotting or torping). 

Others: people don't check minimap, go alone where they  should not - and then pretend help and get toxic if they get none.

Last report i got was for not capping B, where a CV  spotted me and after loosing 50% HP i used engine boost to run:  "Report DD for not capping". 

Note: i run too when i see a Tallin or a Cleveland coming in radar range , and don't think it's stupid, it's survival.

So: what happens when i'm reported by my team - who has no idea why i am doing something they think it's wrong? 

If in Random there is no Boss, why someone pretends to decide what others have to do - and reports  them if they do not? 

Thks

Players
2,369 posts
4,794 battles

When you get reported you lose karma.

Your karma drops too far below 0 you get a three day chat ban.

*This is a guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 2

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

do your own thing, block and report the haters for chat rage.

poor play reports lower karma.

low karma means you can give fewer compliments/reports yourself.

this is pretty much all. 

1 hour ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

If in Random there is no Boss, why someone pretends to decide what others have to do - and reports  them if they do not? 

egomania and egocentrism. its rife. and could be countered by game mechanic changes. such as my suggestion to make caps keyed to a ship class, not just a letter.

multiple chat rage reports might cause auto-ban on chat use. but im not sure about that.

a quote from a mod:

6 hours ago, Arty_McFly said:

The karma system has no real purpose, it's just a way for people to vent. It doesn't matter if you have 0 points or 10000 points, since it doesn't affect anything.

• Cool 2

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
570 posts
59 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

multiple chat rage reports might cause auto-ban on chat use. but im not sure about that.

Yes, the "misbehavior in chat" reports can cause chat bans. However, you need a certain number of reports to issue a chat ban. I can't reveal the exact mechanism here, but those reports actually have an effect. The only exception is, if a player didn't write anything in chat. In this case, the reports are obviously incorrect and are not taken into account.

• Cool 2

[URUC]
Players
373 posts
17 minuti fa, Arty_McFly ha scritto:

Yes, the "misbehavior in chat" reports can cause chat bans. However, you need a certain number of reports to issue a chat ban. I can't reveal the exact mechanism here, but those reports actually have an effect. The only exception is, if a player didn't write anything in chat. In this case, the reports are obviously incorrect and are not taken into account.

Yes i know about chat abuse, i solve that by blacklist. Faster than trying to explain something to who is not listening. 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,217 posts
9,992 battles

Pls Note.

Good Play can get you Reported just as much ^^

Especially by Enemies ^^

I tend to just Ignore Karma by now.

• Cool 4